Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020 on - master thread)

aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020 on - master thread)

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 2, 22, 1:43 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rrgg
Wiki Link
Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

If the website doesn't work try the app, or vice versa.

aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me
If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.
LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

Drunkmuppet: Go to book flights->advanced->clearhistory.

azsharonc: How to resolve the 400 errors in Chrome
1. clear you recent search history on the advanced search page
2. you can delete aa.com cookies by left clicking on American Airlines Inc in the address field
Select Cookies from the list
from the list of cookies, expand the caret for aa.com or www.aa.com
click on cookies then click remove.
"Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Espaol U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkey with the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: 2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)
/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 6, 20, 4:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
I'm trying to check in for my flight tomorrow in which an SWU was already applied and confirmed.
Old Jan 6, 20, 4:08 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by donotblink View Post
I also can't log in
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
Same issues for me, both on the app and on my laptop
Now I would have thought differently from you two but did you perchance open AA accounts using mailers in your pet names?

JK - AA IT infrastructure is having a bad day.
Old Jan 6, 20, 4:17 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by enpremiere View Post
Now I would have thought differently from you two but did you perchance open AA accounts using mailers in your pet names?

JK - AA IT infrastructure is having a bad day.
I frequently travel with an anthropomorphic stuffed panda, but sadly, he doesn't earn any miles or have an FF account. I did once have an FA give him a wings pin though. I also once was sitting in an exit row holding him and an FA told me I needed to put him in the overhead bin--I told the FA, but he's my emotional support Panda and the look on her face was priceless. (She just said ok, whatever and walked away).
enpremiere and Uzzar like this.
Old Jan 6, 20, 4:20 pm

From no official source, word is that an intern mistakenly released a saver award seat to western Europe causing complete IT mayhem.
aktchi and jtav559 like this.
Old Jan 6, 20, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by donotblink View Post
I frequently travel with an anthropomorphic stuffed panda, but sadly, he doesn't earn any miles or have an FF account. I did once have an FA give him a wings pin though. I also once was sitting in an exit row holding him and an FA told me I needed to put him in the overhead bin--I told the FA, but he's my emotional support Panda and the look on her face was priceless. (She just said ok, whatever and walked away).
Old Jan 6, 20, 4:22 pm

Website up and checked my account. Unfortunately still no movement on SWU request for Wednesday, but at least the SWU status has not been tampered with, where everything was fine despite their email about incorrect SWU's.
Old Jan 6, 20, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, SPG LT Plat
Site seems to be back online at the moment...

Like others... I had a couple transactions pending as was relying on the online options to be my primary connections. But after waiting 90 minutes, I'm posting this update.
Old Feb 6, 20, 11:24 am

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
No reservations updated on Android app

I have an AA reservation with a BA and AA flights. I just noticed on a PC, in my AA acct, that were small time changes in the AA flight that do NOT show on the app.,
BTW even the BA app shows the change in the AA flight. Is there any trick to get the AA app to do updates?
Old Feb 6, 20, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by IntFF View Post
I have an AA reservation with a BA and AA flights. I just noticed on a PC, in my AA acct, that were small time changes in the AA flight that do NOT show on the app.,
BTW even the BA app shows the change in the AA flight. Is there any trick to get the AA app to do updates?
Did you open the reservation then pull downwards to initiate a refresh? Should say at the top when it was last updated.
Old Feb 6, 20, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Originally Posted by Stickboy46 View Post
Did you open the reservation then pull downwards to initiate a refresh? Should say at the top when it was last updated.
Yes. It says Updated Nov 25, 2019.
OOPS. Now the pull down to update worked. Looks had to be done on the white part, not at the top.
Still, will be nice if AA will push the updates.

Last edited by IntFF; Feb 6, 20 at 4:28 pm
Old Feb 7, 20, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
Why can't I book a ticket?

My app isn't responding, and on the pc, I get this message. Trying to book a rewards flight from SFO - FRA.

It just keeps getting better and better with this company!
Old Feb 7, 20, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA "mid tier" elite | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
I had a lot of issues over the last couple of days with trying to do SDFC and change flights. It would just bomb out with this same page
Old Feb 7, 20, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
I draw your attention to my other (and rather popular) post..."Why do you bother with AA"?
enviroian likes this.
Old Feb 7, 20, 11:27 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, UA - Plat 2MM, AA - Gold, AY - Plat, HY - Globalist, MR - Titanium, HH - Gold
Getting system errors trying to log in to my account for the past 30 minutes, anyone else having trouble logging in?
justforfun likes this.
Old Feb 7, 20, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K
I, too, am unable to log in, both mobile and PC

Search this Thread