Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• If the website doesn't work try the app, or vice versa.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me
If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.
LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

Drunkmuppet: Go to book flights->advanced->clearhistory.

azsharonc: How to resolve the 400 errors in Chrome
1. clear you recent search history on the advanced search page
2. you can delete aa.com cookies by left clicking on American Airlines Inc in the address field
Select Cookies from the list
from the list of cookies, expand the caret for aa.com or www.aa.com
click on cookies then click remove.
• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services PhonesUnited Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkey with the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: 2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2022, 9:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
So there hasn't been an update to my Mac or Safari as far as I can remember, but PNRs are loading correctly for me in the last few days, thankfully.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
So there hasn't been an update to my Mac or Safari as far as I can remember, but PNRs are loading correctly for me in the last few days, thankfully.
Haven’t tested this (& can’t because I have no current bookings), but I did notice the other day that when I used the app to cancel some flights, the pop-up mini-window for each of the PNRs in question loaded w/no problems.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 10:51 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by beltway
Haven’t tested this (& can’t because I have no current bookings), but I did notice the other day that when I used the app to cancel some flights, the pop-up mini-window for each of the PNRs in question loaded w/no problems.
Nice! Yeah, I think it's fixed... for now.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: AA Gold
is AA web site down this morning 6/12/22 @9:15am?

I just now tried to log into my AA account to get award tickets and get a message saying "we're working on our site". I cannot log in. What is going on? I am on a desktop computer on the AA web site, not on the app on my phone.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
It works fine for me on my desktop in Chrome. Might need to clear your cookies for AA.com if it persists for you.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 5:22 pm

Programs: AAdv
AA Web Site

Were you able to fix this? I have the same problem.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by maximos
Were you able to fix this? I have the same problem.
I was not able to log in from the ho,e screen. So I went to my trips, put in a trip PNR and got logged in that way.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:39 am

Odd "confirmed on new flight" banner in app

Our 10:45 flight JFK-LHR has been delayed to 12:45. The AA app shows the delay and also says "You're confirmed on a new flight. Please call."

Agent says she has no idea why the app would say that. She also says there's no chance of the flight departing earlier than 12:45 (BPs show status as delayed with the new time).

Is the usual app weirdness?

EDIT: flightaware.com shows the longest delay during the past two months was 57 minutes and today's incoming aircraft arriving at 7:06am.

Last edited by richarddd; Jun 15, 2022 at 4:08 am
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:28 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
AA142 ? Now showing a 7 p.m. departure.

There have been a few massively delayed flights between JFK and LHR in the last day or two.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by tjcxx
AA142 ? Now showing a 7 p.m. departure.

There have been a few massively delayed flights between JFK and LHR in the last day or two.
Yep. I still wonder about the banner in the app,

We rescheduled to other days. Since it was booked through BA, we needed AA to remove our check-ins so BA could reschedule. The total process took a bunch of hours.

I wonder if the delay was a staffing issue since, if flightaware is to be believed, they had equipment in plenty of time.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by richarddd
Yep. I still wonder about the banner in the app,

We rescheduled to other days. Since it was booked through BA, we needed AA to remove our check-ins so BA could reschedule. The total process took a bunch of hours.

I wonder if the delay was a staffing issue since, if flightaware is to be believed, they had equipment in plenty of time.
FWIW from ExpertFlyer:

JFK 1040A
LHR 1035P
3JFK/ETD1900 MTR-DELAY DUE TO A/C MAINTENANCE-E *0526
7JFK/AUTO REACCOM DLY FLT COMPLETED *0704*CRCYMG
2LHR/PRE0655 *0526
Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Drwaz99
FWIW from ExpertFlyer:

JFK 1040A
LHR 1035P
3JFK/ETD1900 MTR-DELAY DUE TO A/C MAINTENANCE-E *0526
7JFK/AUTO REACCOM DLY FLT COMPLETED *0704*CRCYMG
2LHR/PRE0655 *0526
If they are presently estimating another 7 hours for maintenance, a longer delay or a cancellation would seem at least possible. I wonder why they don't have another plane available. Having to deal with a full plane worth of JFK-LHR can't be ideal.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
DELAY DUE TO A/C MAINTENANCE
I shudder when I see that message. It means get ready for hours of delays with rolling 30 minute updates.

I'd ask AA to put you on a BA flight. It's maintenance so AA open your wallet.

Last edited by enviroian; Jun 15, 2022 at 10:34 am
Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
I shudder when I see that message. It means get ready for hours of delays with rolling 30 minute updates.

I'd ask AA to put you on a BA flight. It's maintenance so AA open your wallet.
Alas, there are no AA or BA flights after that until early evening, which would not work well for us.

We rebooked for a few days later.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
trouble booking today?

anyone else getting kicked out of the AA booking interface when trying to book this morning?

I've tried both an awarrd flight and regular booking and as soon as I have flights selected and select continue, the interface bounces out to the flgiht search page

moderators: I am pretty sure there is a computer glitch thread somewhere but I couldnt find it. Please move post as needed
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.