Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• If the website doesn't work try the app, or vice versa.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me
If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.
LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

Drunkmuppet: Go to book flights->advanced->clearhistory.

azsharonc: How to resolve the 400 errors in Chrome
1. clear you recent search history on the advanced search page
2. you can delete aa.com cookies by left clicking on American Airlines Inc in the address field
Select Cookies from the list
from the list of cookies, expand the caret for aa.com or www.aa.com
click on cookies then click remove.
• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services PhonesUnited Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkey with the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: 2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2022, 12:17 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
It's strange as I used to never have this problem. Either the site's servers get overloaded from the recent workload and freak out or there is a bug they introduced with their latest site update that broke stuff--which sadly happens more often than not.
Old May 7, 2022, 5:20 am

"Working on the site" notice again this morning. Seems to be happening a lot, along with "Calendar not working." And, of course, I really need to access the site at the moment or wait several hours to reach a phone agent.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (3 Million Mile Club), Global Entry
Originally Posted by JetAway
"Working on the site" notice again this morning. Seems to be happening a lot, along with "Calendar not working." And, of course, I really need to access the site at the moment or wait several hours to reach a phone agent.
The "calendar not working" has been a major headache these last few days. Trying to find a few award seats at a reasonable cost and the calendar either shows not working or seems to show options that you can not book..... AGAIN.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by mastertrust
The "calendar not working" has been a major headache these last few days. Trying to find a few award seats at a reasonable cost and the calendar either shows not working or seems to show options that you can not book..... AGAIN.
I've started to wonder whether that's intentional.
mastertrust and SamirD like this.
Old May 7, 2022, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JetAway
I've started to wonder whether that's intentional.
I'm going to go with Hanlon's razor.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity
Old May 7, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Route map was not working yesterday.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Angry AA.com Down

Can't log in

SamirD likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Working for me

Windows 11 Build 22616.1
Chrome 101.0.4951.54
SamirD likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Can you log out/log in?
SamirD likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Can you log out/log in?
Yes. Able to access my account as well. Android app is also working.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Thanks. Worked on VPN with USA IP - weird.
Antarius and SamirD like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Thanks. Worked on VPN with USA IP - weird.
I think AA uses Amadeus internationally vs the original SABRE in the US. If you are overseas, you were probably hitting a totally different back end that might be undergoing maintenance.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 4:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

For me , it depends on the browser I use. Wirh firefox it is working ok and get a login page where aadvantage number, last name and password are horizontal across the page
Using Chrome I get a login page where they are vertically aligned with a box to right highlighting benefits of things such as group 6 boarding and a join for free link. When logging in here, it goes to a maintenance page
SamirD and Visualp like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 11:21 pm

Programs: Former DL PM, current level: tin
I've been going slowly crazy trying to get a flight booked. Started with a pretty straightforward open jaw international flight, but every single attempt over a span of several days results in "That fare is no longer available" and calling reservations leads to prices that are a good 600-1000 dollars higher than shown online. I've resorted to a straightforward roundtrip and having the same issues.I have no idea how I am going to book this trip without shelling out tons of extra money, which I'm sure AA is completely fine with.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 11:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kylemore
I've been going slowly crazy trying to get a flight booked. Started with a pretty straightforward open jaw international flight, but every single attempt over a span of several days results in "That fare is no longer available" and calling reservations leads to prices that are a good 600-1000 dollars higher than shown online. I've resorted to a straightforward roundtrip and having the same issues.I have no idea how I am going to book this trip without shelling out tons of extra money, which I'm sure AA is completely fine with.
Have you tried booking on another agency's site rather than keep trying on the AA site?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.