Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• If the website doesn't work try the app, or vice versa.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me
If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.
LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

Drunkmuppet: Go to book flights->advanced->clearhistory.

azsharonc: How to resolve the 400 errors in Chrome
1. clear you recent search history on the advanced search page
2. you can delete aa.com cookies by left clicking on American Airlines Inc in the address field
Select Cookies from the list
from the list of cookies, expand the caret for aa.com or www.aa.com
click on cookies then click remove.
• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services PhonesUnited Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkey with the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: 2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Yep. System is currently down.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: Frontier 100k; AA ExPlat; LATAM Black; *A Gold ; SkyTeam Elite+
Been on hold in the App's chat all day.

yayyyy
Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:51 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
worked for me earlier, and just tried. Still working.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: Frontier 100k; AA ExPlat; LATAM Black; *A Gold ; SkyTeam Elite+
Yea it's back now. It was down and then in-and-out. Looks stable now
Old Feb 24, 2022, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
When I try to send an email to customer relations, I get an error message like "We're having problems now. Try again later." I've tried several times today.
update: I get this problem 100% of the time in Firefox. But I was able to send the message using Chrome

Last edited by BigE; Feb 26, 2022 at 1:46 am Reason: update
Old Mar 12, 2022, 9:34 am

Difficulties using AA app for check-in

Flying tomorrow on AA107 LHR-JFK. Booked on BA, and yesterday I moved the flight from BA173 on Monday to AA107 tomorrow. I'm trying to use the AA app to check in. I've used verifly to for my covid test and vaccination documents, and my ESTA (just checked) is approved. It all goes well until I scan my UK passport (place the phone on the back cover), then I have to confirm my passport information and US address and it won't let me click on continue. Any idea what's going on? I've retried several times... Is it a tech bug or something else? I can't find a check-in option on desktop aa.com either. I'm just concerned it may mean I get the dreaded four S.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by tosaerba24
Flying tomorrow on AA107 LHR-JFK. Booked on BA, and yesterday I moved the flight from BA173 on Monday to AA107 tomorrow. I'm trying to use the AA app to check in. I've used verifly to for my covid test and vaccination documents, and my ESTA (just checked) is approved. It all goes well until I scan my UK passport (place the phone on the back cover), then I have to confirm my passport information and US address and it won't let me click on continue. Any idea what's going on? I've retried several times... Is it a tech bug or something else? I can't find a check-in option on desktop aa.com either. I'm just concerned it may mean I get the dreaded four S.
Who knows. Even pre-covid OLCI for international flights would maybe work 50% of the time for one reason or another. Even less so when traveling to the US. I don't even attempt it anymore when traveling internationally.

Nothing to be worried about really, not being able to OLCI for an int'l flight typically just means your docs need manual review at the airport and not that you're guaranteed to get SSSS'd.

Unable to check in online (merged posts)
flyertalker0013223 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Who knows. Even pre-covid OLCI for international flights would maybe work 50% of the time for one reason or another. Even less so when traveling to the US. I don't even attempt it anymore when traveling internationally.

Nothing to be worried about really, not being able to OLCI for an int'l flight typically just means your docs need manual review at the airport and not that you're guaranteed to get SSSS'd.

Unable to check in online (merged posts)
Thanks... guess I'll see when I arrive in LHR tomorrow then.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 5:45 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by tosaerba24
Thanks... guess I'll see when I arrive in LHR tomorrow then.
I just flew out of LHR today and all passengers had to do in-person checkin. Kiosks and online were not working for anyone. Not sure if that was normal operation as this is first time I've been through LHR since covid started. Checkin area for AA was packed with multiple lines split up but several staff helping corral the masses. Took about 1 hour from walking into T3 to clearing security (used verifly). Not sure what the situation in T5 is like for those flights departing out of there.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone else having problems logging into the AA app?

I can log into the web page just fine but it logged me out of the app (which happens from time to time) and when I try to log back in it says that it can'tlog me in and my account will be locked after 6 unsuccessful attempts. I copied and pasted my password that's saved on my browser (where I can successfully log in) so the password is definitely correct.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
No issues right now. Android 12.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by Antarius
No issues right now. Android 12.
Same. IPhone SE. After an AA app update one time I had to uninstall and reinstall before I could sign in.
Antarius likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tack
Same. IPhone SE. After an AA app update one time I had to uninstall and reinstall before I could sign in.
thanks I'll try that

ETA: it worked; thanks
Antarius and Tack like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:54 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Not sure if this belongs here or in this thread: What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

The website doesn’t have a “swap cities” button when booking itineraries. The iPhone app does, but not the standard website. Very irritating as I usually book domestic flights as separate one ways.
bgasser likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: American Executive Platinum
AA website not working with safari

Anyone else experiencing this? Buttons not working, not loading correctly, not being able to scroll. Specifically seems to be happening when I open ticketed trips. Seems new over the past few days.
Donk93953 and pslteamcaptain like this.

Last edited by FrankMorris; Apr 17, 2022 at 8:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.