Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• If the website doesn't work try the app, or vice versa.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me
If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.
LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

Drunkmuppet: Go to book flights->advanced->clearhistory.

azsharonc: How to resolve the 400 errors in Chrome
1. clear you recent search history on the advanced search page
2. you can delete aa.com cookies by left clicking on American Airlines Inc in the address field
Select Cookies from the list
from the list of cookies, expand the caret for aa.com or www.aa.com
click on cookies then click remove.
• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services PhonesUnited Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Espańol U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkey with the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: 2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Ive noticed too A/C not showing up right now too on Expertflyer
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by donotblink
The aa.com site cannot currently show recent activity. (mileage earning, redemptions, etc)
Try changing the start date of the date range. I find that this helps if you shorten the range
Old Dec 30, 2021, 7:37 am

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Just called to apply a couple of SWU today again and it's still broken. Told me to call back NEXT WEEK! If I were flying in the next week and couldn't apply an upgrade I would be pissed.

AA IT going for greAAT again.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 10:39 am

I cancelled two domestic award tickets yesterday and the miles have not yet been reinstated. And three partner international wards cancelled themselves without notice and the miles to those have likewise not been reinstated. Given the current mess surrounding holiday travel I won't try to call about this for a couple of weeks but was wondering if this could be related to IT issues?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by JetAway
I cancelled two domestic award tickets yesterday and the miles have not yet been reinstated. And three partner international wards cancelled themselves without notice and the miles to those have likewise not been reinstated. Given the current mess surrounding holiday travel I won't try to call about this for a couple of weeks but was wondering if this could be related to IT issues?
wow that’s crazy. they don’t seem to have an issue selling awards tickets though, bought one yesterday and it processed in minutes
Old Jan 1, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum - 2M miles
Erroneous Schedule Changes to 2 Award Tickets

Checked my Jan 16 award ticket to Lihue HI about 2 hrs ago and found that the flights have been changed and they have us going to Honolulu instead. So then checked our award return ticket on Mar 17 and also found significant flight changes and they us returning to ORD instead of MKE.

What the heck is going on with the AA system??

I am waiting for a return phone call from AA - estimated to be over 4 hr wait.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Is the site having issues? AA.bomb won't do anything for me. First I thought it's because I'm on a cruise ship but everything else works properly.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:18 am

The airlines are a total mess. My relative has been stuck third day in a row of being cancelled and literally nothing to rebook them on between pretty decent sized cities on AA. Nothing all full from rebookings. Hold times are insane and the last call back happened on time but they must be over capacity and it couldn't connect. Total mess. The website has no options to rebook

My other relative took Amtrak in a private room and arrived right on time. Everyone laughed it was so so slow but she beat AA easily and much more peaceful then three days of cancellations and now no way to get home. They simply don't have the capacity to rebook these people now from all these days of cancellations
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
About an hour ago I cancelled a flight I had booked for April (there was a significant and undesirable schedule change, so rethinking the trip). I still haven't received an email confirming the cancellation, and there is no flight or trip credit in my wallet. If I search using the ticket number the website doesn't pull anything up either. Is this functionality just not working right now? I'm tempted to just wait and see if it resolves itself, then call tomorrow if there's still nothing.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zymm
About an hour ago I cancelled a flight I had booked for April (there was a significant and undesirable schedule change, so rethinking the trip). I still haven't received an email confirming the cancellation, and there is no flight or trip credit in my wallet. If I search using the ticket number the website doesn't pull anything up either. Is this functionality just not working right now? I'm tempted to just wait and see if it resolves itself, then call tomorrow if there's still nothing.
AA has gone back to dispensing paper vouchers in some cases apparently. I have 6 of them right now.
SamirD and zymm like this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Antarius
AA has gone back to dispensing paper vouchers in some cases apparently. I have 6 of them right now.
Would that just show up in the mail one day or something like that? I don't totally hate the paper vouchers (although 6 of them...ouch!) but would be nice to know if that's what is happening
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zymm
Would that just show up in the mail one day or something like that? I don't totally hate the paper vouchers (although 6 of them...ouch!) but would be nice to know if that's what is happening
Yup. In my case, they told me i'd get a trip credit and lo and behold, ended up with ones in the mail. Not sure if that's the same situation for you, but if you don't see anything call and ask.

My case was a trip originating in the UK for 3 passengers, 2 of whom are minors with UK passports; total ticket paid for by me. So maybe that caused the system to freak.
SamirD and zymm like this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: American Executive Platinum
Change trip name in app/online?

Most of my flights have connections, and all of my flights are showing up online or in the app such as this: "ABQ/DFW" even though I'm really going to Tampa. When I have 5 trips coming up and they're all showing up as "ABQ/DFW" is becomes pretty obvious pretty quickly that that's a horrible way of organizing information. With Southwest, I can rename a trip, so it would appear as "Tampa" rather than "ABQ/DFW" - is there a similar way of doing this, or otherwise displaying information differently?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FrankMorris
Most of my flights have connections, and all of my flights are showing up online or in the app such as this: "ABQ/DFW" even though I'm really going to Tampa. When I have 5 trips coming up and they're all showing up as "ABQ/DFW" is becomes pretty obvious pretty quickly that that's a horrible way of organizing information. With Southwest, I can rename a trip, so it would appear as "Tampa" rather than "ABQ/DFW" - is there a similar way of doing this, or otherwise displaying information differently?
That function no longer is available. I miss it too.
vasantn, fdog, JPG3392 and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AA app not displaying account info

Is anyone else having this problem? I just updated the app (apparently that was a mistake) The main page of the app shows my account and my miles but if I go to see the detailed account information I get an error.

This all works fine in the mobile website -- it's only the app that shows this error, and only since I updated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.