Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• If the website doesn't work try the app, or vice versa.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me
If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.
LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

Drunkmuppet: Go to book flights->advanced->clearhistory.

azsharonc: How to resolve the 400 errors in Chrome
1. clear you recent search history on the advanced search page
2. you can delete aa.com cookies by left clicking on American Airlines Inc in the address field
Select Cookies from the list
from the list of cookies, expand the caret for aa.com or www.aa.com
click on cookies then click remove.
• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services PhonesUnited Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkey with the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: 2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2021, 1:30 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by amejr999
The award calendar has been showing me this for 2 days now. Apparently there is both award availability and no availability at the same time.
That qualifies as Schroedinger award availability.
amejr999 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 8:17 am

Question Award Map/Award Search Issues

Does anyone know what might be causing this? I’m looking to book a trip to Europe next summer and need to book very early due to a credit I have on a European airline that has an expiration ‘redeem’ (not ‘and fly by’) date fast approaching. I’m booking multi-city and prefer to do them as separate awards. When I bring up the award map, as we have multiple places we are considering, I see tons of one-way awards at the 30k mile level, but clicking through to book, there are no flights at that level. The search results after clicking to book are showing as pre-filtered to
only American Airlines flights, so I’m wondering if there’s potentially BA (or other partner airlines) that are triggering the 30k miles, but are automatically filtering out when I click through. The higher prices also show in the app and from AA.com when executing a standard search, but all seem to only show AA operated flights and no partners. Any thoughts?

Of the cities we are considering most, ATH jumps to 92.5k, BCN jumps to 47.5k, and LIS jumps to 67.5k (to name a few).

(Can’t upload photo due to lack of post history.. but searching PHX to Europe, one-way on Mon, Jun 6 with 1 stop or less filter bring ups 25+ destinations at 30k miles.)
Old Jul 21, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
New to me, but it was interesting.

My wife, who is an AA PLT, logged into her account to make some flight date changes from a previously purchased ticket. She was able to re-select her MCE seats etc. She forwarded her confirmation e-mail to me, and it said:

" Mrs. teemuflyer

Earn miles with this trip.
Join AAdvantage »
Ticket # 001XXXXXXXX"

And it had her re-selected MCE confirmed.. A tad bizarre.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
AAdvantage account activity not displaying

It says "our system is having trouble" when trying to display my account activity. Anybody else having this issue? Tried via both browser on the computer and the app. Hoping this is because they are working on posting the SimplyMiles miles to everybody's accounts!
Old Dec 16, 2021, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
There was another broad Internet outage today affecting many businesses. That might have been the cause.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL PLAT and 2MM;AA EXP;MR GOLD;PC Gold
Same issue for me

Flew yesterday and the miles will move me to Exec Plat, but none of my segments have posted.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 7:57 pm

Still happening for me.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
It says "our system is having trouble" when trying to display my account activity. Anybody else having this issue? Tried via both browser on the computer and the app. Hoping this is because they are working on posting the SimplyMiles miles to everybody's accounts!
Checked today and the "our system is having trouble" message is still there. It's been 72 hours now!
Old Dec 19, 2021, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by plinth857
Checked today and the "our system is having trouble" message is still there. It's been 72 hours now!
Change the activity start date to be closer to the current date. Basically, shrink the date range and it works without issue.
​​​​​​

​​​​​
plinth857 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Upgrade system down?

Called the XP desk to apply a couple of the 7 SWU I have expiring in January to a friend's reservation.. System is down and has been since this morning. They hope to have it back up in 48 hours.

Still going for greAAt I see.....

Last edited by jhalapin; Dec 28, 2021 at 3:14 pm Reason: Spelling is a channelge
Old Dec 28, 2021, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by jhalapin
Called the XP desk to apply a couple of the 7 SWU I have expiring in January to a friend's reservation.. System is down and has been since this morning. They hope to have it back up in 48 hours.

Still going for greAAt I see.....
It seems to be because of the error that was causing waitlisted upgrades to clear automatically into non-upgrade inventory. It should have been communicated to agents and customers proactively, but it does make sense that they would need to shut it down while they work to fix it.
Antarius and jhalapin like this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 4:41 pm

I also am having a similar issue. Called to go on waitlist for a mileage upgrade request and am being told that "the waitlist is closed".

I told the agent that I have never heard of a waitlist being "closed" before and to please check with supervisor. They checked with supervisor and came back with no further information and just said "I will leave a note on the booking but please call back another time"...

Pretty poor service.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 4:56 pm

anyone else feel like they have incredible luck to run into these issues at the same time when you need them the most.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by jamabam
anyone else feel like they have incredible luck to run into these issues at the same time when you need them the most.
Totally. I just pieced together an awesome 10 day trip. My flights were all C7... to finally use 4 SWUs on something international... then went to book hotels to make sure that piece would fit with the dates. And then BAM, this happens.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 5:24 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
System to see recent activity down

The aa.com site cannot currently show recent activity. (mileage earning, redemptions, etc)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.