Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• If the website doesn't work try the app, or vice versa.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me
If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.
LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

Drunkmuppet: Go to book flights->advanced->clearhistory.

azsharonc: How to resolve the 400 errors in Chrome
1. clear you recent search history on the advanced search page
2. you can delete aa.com cookies by left clicking on American Airlines Inc in the address field
Select Cookies from the list
from the list of cookies, expand the caret for aa.com or www.aa.com
click on cookies then click remove.
• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services PhonesUnited Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Espańol U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkey with the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: 2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2021, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by aspex
I figured it out. Even broke out Android Studio so I could get logcat but it was a waste of time if there was some error on login the app wasn't putting any messages out. So that was a dead end. But the good news is Android Studio runs well on Chromebook.

I finally broke down and on the Web site changed the password to something simple with no symbols. Went to the AA app on android and typed in the new password and lo and behold it worked. All I can figure is that somehow the app is filtering certain symbols out that the Web site was not filtering out. And the old password worked in Feb 2020 which is when I last used the app. So there is something in the app update that is breaking the password if you chose the wrong symbol to use. Can't believe I spent 3 days on this problem.
You should submit this to them. Nice work!
aspex likes this.
Old May 25, 2021, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Antarius
You should submit this to them. Nice work!
Thanks. I'm a troubleshooter by trade so I know how to break down problems and solve them.

And on that note I also know a former colleague who moved to AA as a VP of IT operations and already sent him an email and he asked for my aadvantage number so they could investigate. I laid out all the steps I took and while I'd love to troubleshoot which symbol was failing I don't have that kind of copious free time ;-)
Antarius likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 10:33 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
AA App Issues

Trying to refresh my flight status, running into a “Error 500: server not respond”, anyone else experiencing the issue? Great concern?
Old Jun 16, 2021, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
I'm also unable to log into the app. Tried to go to aa.com to log in and that also isn't working.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
My wife and I can't log in either.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
oh my.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Plat
I can't log in to UA, DL or WN either. Very odd.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 10:57 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Seems to be back online.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 11:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by twoaisleplane
Same. Bizarre.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Same. Bizarre.
Not that bizarre when you consider they all use Akamai for CDN services -- https://downdetector.com/status/akamai/
Antarius likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 7:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
delete not worth it
Old Jun 17, 2021, 1:29 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by twoaisleplane
Old Jul 9, 2021, 7:00 am

i have been getting the "we're working on our site" repeatedly in the past few days
Old Jul 9, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by MrAOK
i have been getting the "we're working on our site" repeatedly in the past few days
Same here - had to clear cookies.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: Marriott Plat
The award calendar has been showing me this for 2 days now. Apparently there is both award availability and no availability at the same time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.