Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• If the website doesn't work try the app, or vice versa.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me
If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.
LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

Drunkmuppet: Go to book flights->advanced->clearhistory.

azsharonc: How to resolve the 400 errors in Chrome
1. clear you recent search history on the advanced search page
2. you can delete aa.com cookies by left clicking on American Airlines Inc in the address field
Select Cookies from the list
from the list of cookies, expand the caret for aa.com or www.aa.com
click on cookies then click remove.
• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services PhonesUnited Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Espańol U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkey with the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: 2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:32 pm

Yup, down. I even tried to log in via the Australia AA site, must use the same back end. I stayed up until midnight central so Jan 4, 2021 could open up its ghost flights and see what happened to the ghost flight on Jan 3. Both 3 and 4 are still showing (usually 3 would vanish into thin air) but I can't login and called AA and the rep says those dates aren't open to him yet??!??? Trying to book a QR flight, usually I can check on BA, but I've noticed AA has some actual Qsuites availability that BA isn't showing (just not on my dates)
Old Feb 8, 2020, 12:14 am

Called AA Australia to check on some availability, was told their systems are down and they can't look anything up and nobody is giving them any idea when things will be back up
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:18 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Problems to login into account

Anyone else having the same problems ?

Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:47 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
System maintenance? Let’s hope it gets fixed soon.

Last edited by aktchi; Feb 8, 2020 at 9:59 am
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:49 am

I can’t login in the app or aa.com
Old Feb 8, 2020, 4:00 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Was having issues all night. Their site really hasn't been all that well since 2/1 with -multiple- down times.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 5:54 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by aktchi
Saturday night - Sunday morning? Sounds like system maintenance.
it’s not Saturday night, it’s Friday night/ Saturday morning
aktchi likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 9:07 am

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by Donsyb
it’s not Saturday night, it’s Friday night/ Saturday morning
That may depend on where you are...
aktchi likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:11 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by AAir_head
That may depend on where you are...
pretty sure it wasn’t Saturday night anywhere in the world at the time 😉
robr and aktchi like this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 1:09 am

Programs: AAdvantage EP 2.1MM; Bonvoy LT-Plat; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Been getting an error msg on AA app “cannot connect with server try again” - but upon refreshing screen, it connects.

having this issue for the past month or so and cannot figure it out. Any ideas?
Old Mar 7, 2020, 9:37 pm

10pm , trying to purchase online a held reservation that will expire in a couple of hours.

AA.com says in bright red letters:
"We are experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to display your reservation at this time. Please try again."

I did reach a phone agent, after a 20 minute hold, and her response was, "yes our whole system is down right now." Then I'm put back on hold, and gave up after another 20 minute hold. Called Web Services, and their response was, "Every program we use to get into the reservations system is down. Call us back in the morning."

Going for greaat.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Anyone able to search flights on aa.com right now? I can get to the search page, but I just get the spinning "Loading..." screen and never get the results. Eventually my session times out while it's still in the loading screen.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Admirals Club
Originally Posted by seigex
Anyone able to search flights on aa.com right now? I can get to the search page, but I just get the spinning "Loading..." screen and never get the results. Eventually my session times out while it's still in the loading screen.
I just tried the app and it worked just fine.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by onanisland
I just tried the app and it worked just fine.
weird.. thanks for checking.

EDIT: seems to be working again for me.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:39 am

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
I’m also getting the spinning loading screen on most of my queries, especially on multi city searches. On the searches that do complete, flights that were there before and then go missing on the next successful search. I’m trying to find suitable flights to switch to in a July and August as it looks like my April LAX-LHR-LAX trip is about to become toast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.