Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Celebrity Sightings and Related for 2017 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
American Airlines Celebrity Sightings (and Related) for 2017

MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

Feel free to report your celebrity sightings on American Airlines / Eagle, the Admirals Club / Flagship Lounge, or the AA airport concourse areas here. (Please moderate your comments - offensive or other comments that do not fit the FlyerTalk TOS will be deleted.)

The archived 2000 - 2012 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

The archived 2013 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

The archived 2014 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

The archived 2015 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

The archived 2016 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

The archived legacy US Airways Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

/American AAdvantage Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:12 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

Welcome to 2017!

Please use this thread for 2017 AA celebrity sightings. Archived threads can be found via the links in the thread wiki.

/Moderator
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA 3M Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I'll kick it off with a real icon. AA133 JFK to LAX 1/10. I was in 1A and there was an older lady with a hat behind me in 2A. I didn't think much about it until I was waiting in the galley to go to the bathroom and I saw the FA food grid passenger sheet. 2A said "F Dunaway"..hmm....I got back to my seat and googled her and sure enough it was Faye Dunaway. The coolest part was we had some heavy turbulence and she reached over my seat back and said she was scared. We started talking and I knew she was married to Peter Wolf of The J Geils Band I told her what a fan of them I was and she said he was a sweet, talented man.

Bonnie and Clyde, Chinatown, Oscar for Network, Mommie Dearest....how cool..
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL GM, AA PLAT, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
DCA-LGA 2153
Rev. Al Sharpton in 2C.
He was a bit perturbed because our flight arrived 45 mins and he needed to be at 30 Rock for something important.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 10:04 pm

Friday evening Jan 13, Someone famous named Jason in seat 4A on a CLT-ORD flight. Not sure who, someone snapped his pic and remarked "Jason, I thought you would have your shoes off already"

I suspect it was Jason Aldean, but he didn't quite look like his photos online. His height was closer to 5'5 and Because of that i also suspect it could have been Jason Hervey from Wonder Years.

Last edited by factory81; Jan 14, 2017 at 10:09 pm
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:54 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Matthew Perry in F from JFK to LAX a couple of days before Christmas. He didn't enjoy the turbulence that we hit before landing in LAX
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by GBBob
I'll kick it off with a real icon. AA133 JFK to LAX 1/10. I was in 1A and there was an older lady with a hat behind me in 2A. I didn't think much about it until I was waiting in the galley to go to the bathroom and I saw the FA food grid passenger sheet. 2A said "F Dunaway"..hmm....I got back to my seat and googled her and sure enough it was Faye Dunaway. The coolest part was we had some heavy turbulence and she reached over my seat back and said she was scared. We started talking and I knew she was married to Peter Wolf of The J Geils Band I told her what a fan of them I was and she said he was a sweet, talented man.

Outstanding...what with the turbulence and J Geils Band association for her. ��
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM Hilton Diamond Bon Voy Lifetime Platinum Elite
Eric Close in 1a on flight from RDM to LAX.. He has had roles on Nashville and Without a Trace among others... I have to say that he was very laid back and a great guy.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by GBBob

Nice one -- good start for 2017.

I'm glad you recognized her; I wonder if the FA did. I mentioned the following story in the analog thread to this one a few years back: Travelling DFW-LGA and a woman of a certain age exuding star power has pre-boarded into 6-F. 6-D unoccupied. Dark glasses, a head scarf, and a typed script completed the look. I was in 5-C (other side aisle one row up, so I couldn't look too closely without being obvious). She at one point goes to the galley and asks the FA for something. I realize upon her return that it's Kathleen Turner. I walk to the galley next and unprompted the 30-something FA asks me "do you know who that was?" I say yes, that's Kathleen Turner, you know, Body Heat, The Accidental Tourist, Romancing the Stone. The FA: "never heard of her, but she acted like she was someone big." I was tempted to reply with that line from Sunset Boulevard -- she was big, just the pictures got small.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Dennis Quaid on LAX-JFK in First (a week or two ago).....presumably to do press for his new dog movie.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat, A3 Gold
Michael Sam on AA1104 DFW-LGA on January 20
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), AA Platinum Pro
Haha, didn't even know these threads existed.

Lucas Grabeel (part of the ensemble cast of the High School Musical movies), on HKG > LAX in business a few weeks ago.

He looked familiar when I saw him at first, but didn't think much of it. He was facing backward on the escalator to customs talking to his significant other, then I heard him talk and recognized his voice. Googled him briefly to see what he's been up to in his career, and saw a tweet where he complimented the Four Seasons Hong Kong staff a few days earlier.

If I had known this thread existed, I would have contributed! Haha. I've seen Al Roker, Melissa McCarthy, Erykah Badu... So many over the years, but I'd have to think more about it.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Gold
During boarding from SMF-LAX, I was paged and asked if I was willing to move from 2A to an aisle. I was moved to 2D (Embraer 175 with 1-2 configuration in First).

I was almost going to say to the passenger who sat in 2A, what is the big deal? when I saw it was Rob Lowe. At least 4 people asked for his picture. He was so nice to every one, but it does seem exhausting to be him.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:59 am

Sean Penn was in the International First lounge at LAX on 27 January.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Cheynewalk
...I saw it was Rob Lowe. At least 4 people asked for his picture. He was so nice to every one, but it does seem exhausting to be him.
I've met and talked with many famous musicians in my career, and really one of the worst things you can do is ask for a picture without any other human connection.

The thing most of these people want more than anything is just to be treated like normal people. They won't mind taking pictures with people, and they're used to it. But think about it, if someone comes up to you and just wants a picture, but doesn't care to talk to you or value you as anything more than a cool photo op, it gets tiring after a while. It's draining. Again, they all know it's part of the career, but it doesn't make it any less dehumanizing.

Beyond that, most of them travel more than many people on this forum do.

I talked to Carly Rae Jepsen when she was at the height of her career opening for Justin Bieber, and she was telling me how she was doing promo in as many as 3 cities per day, WHILE touring. We're talking a concert on Wednesday in one city, flying to do promo in the morning on Thursday in another city, another flight to a 3rd city at lunch, and ANOTHER one that evening, only to fly to a 5th city on Friday for her next performance. Her mom would ask her where she was, and she'd have to check Google Maps on her phone because she would honestly have no idea at times.

We all probably know how exhausting it is to travel constnatly and work at the same time. Try living a superhuman life and traveling 3-4x more than you did at your busiest time. THEN having to put on a smile 24/7 and take pictures with people who don't care to really converse with you, having to answer the same 10 questions over and over like you're really interested constantly, and THEN taking the stage to give 110% and your best performance night after night.

So all that to say, when you do encounter these people, and if you MUST talk to them or ask for a picture, try as much as possible to talk to them like they're a normal human being, and they'll appreciate it more than you know.

Just my two cents
Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:25 pm

Does this count as a "celebrity sighting?" :P

Glad nobody was hurt...I watch Air Disasters on Discovery...I know there have been many collisions between civilian aviation and jetliners resulting in thousands of deaths over the decades.

Actor Harrison Ford was involved in a potentially serious incident on Monday as he was piloting his private plane, a single engine Husky, NBC News has learned.

Ford, an experienced pilot who collects vintage planes, had been instructed to land on runway 20-L at John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California but mistakenly aimed for a taxiway instead. His plane passed over the top of an American Airlines 737 loaded with 110 passengers and a six-person crew.

The passenger plane, AA flight 1546, managed to depart safely for Dallas just minutes after the incident.
http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/...irport-n720826

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.