Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2017+

Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Admirals Club "Treasure Hunt" (Left drinks chits / coupons, etc.)

MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

● Welcome to 2017! Continuing our fun tradition: if you are so inclined, feel free to leave/hide unused drink chits in lounges with instructions in this thread.

● As of October 1, 2010, "well" (lower tier) drinks are free in Admirals Clubs. Drink coupons / chits are issued to those eligible by status and international same day travel, for premium (above "well") drinks, including bottles of water. For those choosing to not use their chits and leave them for others, this thread lists the "hidden treasure".

● Many members have requested that airport locations be included in posts proper rather than in titles, for easier viewing on mobile devices.

Kindly refrain from requesting drink chits here. Those who are generous enough to leave chits behind do not need to be prompted to do so.

● Please post a 'thank you' if you retrieve a posted drink chit. If you're a lurker, please take the time to register as a member so that you can thank the chit donor.

(Remember some hotel habitués use the in-room Bible for similar purposes.)

The older threads can be found here:
Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+
Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) [2015]
Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) [Archived]

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2017+

Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
DFW term A lounge - 2 driink chits under lamp. Diagonally behind (to the right) behind upstairs check in desk. I left the corners sticking out slightly!
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
At DEN now and they still have the electronic tickets - check-in and show my QF card and two get added to my BP automatically, bartender then scans my BP and they appear.

They say it’s being rolled out nationwide - any other experiences with these new electronic drink tickets?

Used to be fun to hit multiple clubs and collect two at each (DFW, MIA) - the rule is two per leg. Guess those days are limited!
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Originally Posted by zpaul
They say it’s being rolled out nationwide - any other experiences with these new electronic drink tickets?
Seems to be the case. PHX uses the same process now. SAN still issues coupons, but they are a contracted lounge. Not sure about LAX - only use FL there.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
PHL a few weeks ago was using chits. Sad to see that it's electronic as you cannot share them, but also only two per leg?!? Seems very cheap for a perk that is usually free in a normal intl lounge.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA Exp
TPA is electronic now.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 4:47 pm

ORD still has paper! And I got three...
Old May 2, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
LAX Eagles Nest using them now. First time I've encountered this. Interesting because I usually have my AA# on my domestic trips and flash my QF Platinum to gain AC access. It seems to have caused a burp in their process. They printed a new boarding pass for me, still with my AA# on it (as it should be). Bartender needed to go back to the front desk because it didn't work. Grabbed two chits that suddenly materialized and gave them to me to use. This is going to be interesting.
zpaul likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
LAX Eagles Nest using them now. First time I've encountered this. Interesting because I usually have my AA# on my domestic trips and flash my QF Platinum to gain AC access. It seems to have caused a burp in their process. They printed a new boarding pass for me, still with my AA# on it (as it should be). Bartender needed to go back to the front desk because it didn't work. Grabbed two chits that suddenly materialized and gave them to me to use. This is going to be interesting.
Exactly - QF Platinum should get me (us - cheers @SNA_Flyer!) access plus drinks regardless of itinerary, but when my AA number is on the reservation to earn to AAdvantage the electronic coupons don't post. DEN is used to me now, but other stations are a little clueless.
SNA_Flyer likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by zpaul
Exactly - QF Platinum should get me (us - cheers @SNA_Flyer!) access plus drinks regardless of itinerary, but when my AA number is on the reservation to earn to AAdvantage the electronic coupons don't post. DEN is used to me now, but other stations are a little clueless.
It's a new program so there are going to be these fringe situations they will need to work out. I hope it doesn't materialize into "well you need to have your QF/BA/etc number on the reservation to gain access and/or drinks now". I think they probably need to keep the chits around for situations like this unless they can find an electronic solution.
zpaul likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
It's a new program so there are going to be these fringe situations they will need to work out. I hope it doesn't materialize into "well you need to have your QF/BA/etc number on the reservation to gain access and/or drinks now". I think they probably need to keep the chits around for situations like this unless they can find an electronic solution.
I hope we're not hijacking this thread...

All DEN does is register my QF number in the system when I arrive and it's sorted (as they used to do when I was a Qantas Club member an had no QF status to allow access to the ACs), two drinks appear when the bar scans my BP. DFW also had no issue but I presume that that is due to the QF flight and the number of QF flyers that hit the ACs every day. ORD had a LOT of problems with it but it did get worked out eventually. I presume that LAX is the same as DFW, but since I've never flown through LAX without FL access I can't verify. I can only imagine what the mostly domestic clubs will go through...

QF, of course, has it down to a science. All they need is your BP and card, electronic or otherwise, no drama.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.