Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Combined 2017 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combined 2017 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
I have the same menu JFK-LHR in mid-August. Any recommendations? What exactly is "beef tenderloin moussaka"? I know what beef tenderloin is and I know what moussaka is, but I've never seen the two combined into one dish, unless it's beef tenderloin with a side of moussaka.
I haven't had any of these, so this is just conjecture... but, I am inferring from the description that it's simply moussaka made with a higher quality beef than the usual ground chuck.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cheaptom
Just the other day, my work buddies and I were going out to lunch and we were all craving artichokes, mornay sauce, andouille, caper relish, and of course chimichurri sauce.
Thank you, American Airlines chefs, for giving us such hearty, normal food.
Where's the quinoa?
May I humbly suggest a visit to an Italian restaurant for lunch where you might encounter the artichoke and the caper relish, or a French restaurant where the mythical Mornay might be served, or if red meat is your taste try an Argentine steakhouse for a dash of the chimichurri, or you could also visit Commanders Palace or August or Bayona or Revolution in Nola to get a taste of andouille!

Finally McDonalds in Hong Kong is reportedly selling a quinoa burger, however a trip to the neighborhood starbucks right here in good ole 'merica might nett you a quinoa salad!

Happy eatings
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM - Life, IHG Spire elite, BA BLUE previously BA Gold
Non Lactose Meal option?

I am travelling LHR > MIA on AA57 and returning on AA38 both in J in the next few weeks. I have the meal choices now available, but as I am allergic to cheese I am planning to select the Non Lactose Meal (NLML) option. Even if I select a main meal without cheese, the 2nd meal/snack that you can't select will no doubt consist of a cheese item.

Does anyone know what I am likely to get to eat for the NLML option?

I always use NLML when flying BA, haven't flown long haul J with AA.

Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
I have the same menu JFK-LHR in mid-August. Any recommendations? What exactly is "beef tenderloin moussaka"? I know what beef tenderloin is and I know what moussaka is, but I've never seen the two combined into one dish, unless it's beef tenderloin with a side of moussaka.
I also have this meal selection and all sound a bit odd, if someone encounters these options before August 17, please let me know what is the lesser of the evils...
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
Any recommendations for next week's HKG-LAX F?

BTW, not quite a MR level fare, but AA's F fare on this route has been $3.5k, which is almost C level. This would be my 3'rd flight and nice way to get almost 2/3'rd of the way towards EP requal.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bdhaliwa
BTW, not quite a MR level fare, but AA's F fare on this route has been $3.5k, which is almost C level. This would be my 3'rd flight and nice way to get almost 2/3'rd of the way towards EP requal.
I would try the Hainanese Chicken Rice. Sounds the the Singapore Chicken RIce description - though it can go wrong if the chili sauce is not authentic
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:04 am

Had a shockingly good meal in J on AA73 LAX-SYD yesterday. The menu called it 'Pesto-grilled Shrimp with saffron pecorino pastina, grilled asparagus', which sounded like it could go poorly, but the FA said it was her favourite item, and how could I say no to that?

The shrimp came out perfect, although there was almost no actual pesto sauce on them. The pastina were delicious, and are what really made the meal stand out. They were still slightly al dente, and had a very generous amount of saffron pecorino mixed in.

I'm usually not excited about AA's meal choices, but this one made me very happy. ^
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold

Can you share with us how you are obtaining that fare in F?

Minimum stay? Particular days of the week?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
I had the Surf and Turf on a recent flight and found it severely lacking. Big piece of "fillet" but it was tough and way overlooked - just left it and at the three or four shrimp (which were not very big) which were also overlooked but better than the steak. Best bet is to eat at The Pier 1st Class lounge (and get a foot massage) before flight.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:50 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by Jugi
Thoughts on these choices?

Beef Tenderloin Moussaka
Mornay sauce, roasted eggplant

Norwegian Salmon
herb lemon butter, fingerling potatoes, artichokes

Creole Duck Breast
lemon turmeric rice, sautéed andouille

Scallion Pancakes
bourbon sweet potatoes, tomato caper relish, chimichurri sauce

I'm wary of overcooked beef but the Moussaka sounds safe, assuming it's ground - anyone know? Also wary of overcooked seafood.
Originally Posted by flyingmusicianlax
MIA-LHR August

Beef Tenderloin Moussaka
Mornay sauce, roasted eggplant
Norwegian Salmon
herb lemon butter, fingerling potatoes, artichokes

Creole Duck Breast
lemon turmeric rice, sautéed andouille

Scallion Pancakes
bourbon sweet potatoes, tomato caper relish, chimichurri sauce
Originally Posted by cheaptom
Just the other day, my work buddies and I were going out to lunch and we were all craving artichokes, mornay sauce, andouille, caper relish, and of course chimichurri sauce.
Thank you, American Airlines chefs, for giving us such hearty, normal food.
Where's the quinoa?
Same options for DFW-MAD in August... For some reason seems like there are less menus in rotation with so many reporting similar options recently.

Hope someone can revert back with their thoughts on those meals... I went with the duck but not too confident in my choice. Don't like fish and the pancakes have a rather strange combo.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
DFW-HKG First Class Pre-order for Dinner meals

Pork Belly with maple glaze

Miso-glazed Sea Bass with crab fried rice, vegetable slaw

Thai Green Curry with chicken, steamed jasmine rice, vegetables

Asian Vegetarian - Spicy vegetarian with limited use of dairy products

None of these are very inspiring. Searched for reviews of these meals and did not find any for the Pork Belly and only one mediocre review for the sea bass. Not interested in the Curry or Asian Vegetarian. Does anyone have any experience with the Miso-glazed sea bass or the pork belly?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960

None of these are very inspiring.
Actually, they all sound delicious to me. Execution, of course, is another story, and AA (and its caterer) isn't even very consistent on that front.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960

None of these are very inspiring. Searched for reviews of these meals and did not find any for the Pork Belly and only one mediocre review for the sea bass. Not interested in the Curry or Asian Vegetarian. Does anyone have any experience with the Miso-glazed sea bass or the pork belly?
Have you ever tried Thai curry? I don't like Indian curry, but the Thai stuff.....YUM. ^
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:46 am

PHL to LHR: Economy class main meal

Chicken, Mashed potatoes, green beans
OR
Pasta with pesto
It appeared to be the same choices in either direction.

Kosher surprise:
PHL to LHR: Chicken
LHR to PHL: Salmon (large portion, surprisingly moist) with rice as the main course and pasta with tuna as the salad.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: AS 100K
CDG-MIA August

Goat Cheese Stuffed Gnocchi
basil pesto, garden peas, Romanesco, artichokes

Slow Cooked Short Ribs
barbecue sauce, creamy mashed potatoes, sautéed spinach, pumpkin wedges

Moroccan Chicken
ras el hanout jus, couscous, baby carrots

Seared Turbot
mint matcha vinaigrette, cauliflower rice, sautéed pak choy, cucumber

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.