Earned miles & EQMs on award travel

Old Dec 24, 16, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Earned miles & EQMs on award travel

Just checked my AAdvantage account.

Took a recent award trip on BA booked with AA miles.

I've earned both miles and EQMs for the award flight at the full J cabin rate. What's happened?!?!?!

Have also taken a QF award trip, but it hasn't posted... although it was after my BA trip so it's possible it just hasn't hit my account yet.
Old Dec 24, 16, 5:58 am

Programs: AA PP, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
Just checked my AAdvantage account.

Took a recent award trip on BA booked with AA miles.

I've earned both miles and EQMs for the award flight at the full J cabin rate. What's happened?!?!?!

Have also taken a QF award trip, but it hasn't posted... although it was after my BA trip so it's possible it just hasn't hit my account yet.

That happens occasionally if you are hit by IRROPS and have to be rebooked. Sometime you will accidentally get put into booking class that earns miles. Don't expect it to happen regularly.
Old Dec 24, 16, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
My award flight which ended up earning miles went off exactly as it was scheduled to when I booked it! No IRROPS.

But I've also noticed the booking class on BA is bizarre. I often book semi-flex economy on UK domestic and that posts as full J. Not that a 250 mile flight on BA earns many miles even it J, but it does post as J. There is not even a J cabin on the BA UK domestic fleet, FYI, it's all economy.

Last edited by Microwave; Dec 24, 16 at 6:16 am Reason: Merged consecutive posts for readability
Old Dec 24, 16, 8:56 am

Programs: AA Plt Pro/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Until about five years ago this was the norm for BA award flights. Now it is more of an exception as stated due to rebooking.
Old Dec 24, 16, 10:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
My award flight which ended up earning miles went off exactly as it was scheduled to when I booked it! No IRROPS.

But I've also noticed the booking class on BA is bizarre. I often book semi-flex economy on UK domestic and that posts as full J. Not that a 250 mile flight on BA earns many miles even it J, but it does post as J. There is not even a J cabin on the BA UK domestic fleet, FYI, it's all economy.
Same happened to me recently, booked F Award ticket using Avios, got the miles credited to AA, no IRROPS,

I bought 2 additional luggage allowance, I thought that it might have had an impact on the ticket,

Search this Thread
Search Engine: