Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Mile + Copay Upgrades -- Miles Never Deducted

Old Dec 21, 2016, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold

A couple recent NRT-DFW segments were upgraded to J, and while they processed the copay at the AC on my card, the miles have yet to be deducted.

Anyone know if this is a common delay, or am I just about to get extremely lucky and keep 50k miles?
Old Dec 21, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold) / SPG Gold / Intercontinental Ambassador / AMEX Platinum
common delay
i did LAX-GRU
in aug for world cup
just took out miles earlier this month
Old Dec 21, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sis22
common delay
i did LAX-GRU
in aug for world cup
just took out miles earlier this month
Wow, a two-year delay in deducting miles!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by grrizzli
Wow, a two-year delay in deducting miles!
i think he meant olympics? lol.. but to the OP, yes, its a common delay, i flew NRT-ORD this year in June, it was deducted mid November.. i had to call AA to dispute it insisting that something is not right, then i realized by looking at my account that miles was never deducted..
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold) / SPG Gold / Intercontinental Ambassador / AMEX Platinum
Haha - just caught this. I meant the Olympics, indeed.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PltPro, AMEX Platinum
Happened to me as well from HKG to LAX. Upgraded at the gate and they charged my card. Miles never deducted. I was always watching but I think it will never be deducted at this point. This was September of 2016. Lucky us!
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
How about SWU's? Let's just say that someone says that they used one about 4 months ago and it's never been deducted. Now they are on the "fence" with trying to use it again in January before it expires. LOL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.