Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Passport/Personal info never populates on check-in

Old Dec 20, 16, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any

So, all of our personal details, passport #s, KTNs, birth-dates, etc are up-to-date in each of our (5 of us) Aadvantage accounts. I booked the intl tickets, and I still had to go into the reservation and update all the traveler info. Now, I try to check in on-line, and I have to re-enter it all....again. The amount of time I waste on this @@!!$$!!. Apologies...rant over...I know...First World Problems...happy holidays all!
Old Dec 20, 16, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, SPG Gold, MR Gold, HH Gold
No, it's not a problem. Having to enter your passport details again when checking in online is ON PURPOSE. It is a "security" feature. I think it also is designed to make sure that you actually have your passport (most people do not memorize their passport number or expiration date....although I imagine many of us FTers do!)

I do understand why it would be annoying to do with 5 pax on the reservation. But I travel alone, so it's not an issue for me. Plus, I know all of my information by heart!
Old Dec 20, 16, 4:49 pm
nrr

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ESpen36 View Post
No, it's not a problem. Having to enter your passport details again when checking in online is ON PURPOSE. It is a "security" feature. I think it also is designed to make sure that you actually have your passport (most people do not memorize their passport number or expiration date....although I imagine many of us FTers do!)

I do understand why it would be annoying to do with 5 pax on the reservation. But I travel alone, so it's not an issue for me. Plus, I know all of my information by heart!
When I renewed my passport, in 2010, the US Passport agency, enclosed card, with spaces to enter my pp# and expiration date--I keep that card near my pc.
Also, from my recollection, when I enter my pp# and expiration date on AA.COM (checking in for an intl. itn.) their fields are "scroll" sensitive, they change when I scroll the screen with my mouse.
For 5 people this can be annoying.
Old Dec 20, 16, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Just because you had a passport at a certain point in time doesn't mean you still have it - even well before the expiration date. For example, you may have run out of pages and since they won't add pages any longer, you would get a new passport. You could have lost your passport. You could have changed your name. As annoying as entering the information is, I think that AA is trying to protect itself and get your most current information since what you have on file may not be accurate.
Old Dec 20, 16, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hertz Gold
I'm used to the security measure for re-entry of PP# and EXP date for online check-in for my departure - I don't recall having to reenter it for my return a few days later however...
Old Dec 20, 16, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but Plat for a year (yippie)
They are just trying to double-check you actually have your passport in hand before you leave for the airport.

No big deal.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: