Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR T-3 Immigration Fast Track questions, discussion (master thd)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T-3 Immigration Fast Track questions, discussion (master thd)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2016, 8:44 am
Suspended

I threw the question up on Twitter just now, see if anything comes back.
Old May 12, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plat, IHG Plat
I had an FA on CLT to LHR tell me I should have received one at check in because they don't hand them out on the plane. On LAX to SYD (and on return), they had them on board. (And I may have grabbed a couple extra when they were sitting on the snack bar to help me not run out in instances where they're not giving them). Perhaps they're shifting where you get the cards? With CX, it's always at check in.

Last edited by thecurtisw; May 12, 2016 at 8:58 am Reason: addition
Old May 12, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
The website shows that AA should have fast track.
http://www.heathrow.com/airport-guid...ces/fast-track

Perhaps someone who feels like challenging them could print this out and see what they say when presented with this link + an AA J/F boarding pass.
Old May 12, 2016, 9:55 am
Suspended

Support this Tweet please:
https://twitter.com/foosion/status/730787326390046720

Specifically, AA used to hand out cards to LHR premium pax to use fast track immigration. Has that stopped?
Old May 12, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
Originally Posted by bchandler02
The website shows that AA should have fast track.
http://www.heathrow.com/airport-guid...ces/fast-track

Perhaps someone who feels like challenging them could print this out and see what they say when presented with this link + an AA J/F boarding pass.
Typical passive voice .... speak in this statement full of enough qualifiers to give all the wiggle room necessary. LHR should be more consistent with this, they aren't at all ambiguous about the extra taxes charged to premium class passengers who use LHR.

"Fast Track arrivals is available to Premium Class passengers and invited top tier frequent flyers. Please be aware that cabin eligibility criteria will vary between airlines,passengers are advised to check with an airline representative on approach or upon arrival at Heathrow."

Last edited by JDiver; May 12, 2016 at 3:20 pm Reason: Unnecessary and inaccurate characterization deleted
Old May 12, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
So do you have to be in J or F? Or will being EXP/Emerald do the trick?
Old May 12, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by transportbiz
Typical passive voice Brit speak in this statement full of enough qualifiers to give all the wiggle room necessary. LHR should be more consistent with this, they aren't at all ambiguous about the extra taxes charged to premium class passengers who use LHR.

"Fast Track arrivals is available to Premium Class passengers and invited top tier frequent flyers. Please be aware that cabin eligibility criteria will vary between airlines,passengers are advised to check with an airline representative on approach or upon arrival at Heathrow."
If you look at the bottom of the linked page, you'll see which airlines have signed up for which Fast Track options. AA has signed up for all three, Arrivals, Departures, and Connections..
Old May 12, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by lagunas2k
So do you have to be in J or F? Or will being EXP/Emerald do the trick?
What about OWS? I remember seeing the sapphire oval at the fast track lane.
Old May 12, 2016, 1:52 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
If you look at the bottom of the linked page, you'll see which airlines have signed up for which Fast Track options. AA has signed up for all three, Arrivals, Departures, and Connections..
Yes, it is not at all ambiguous with regard to premium cabin travelers.

I sent a Tweet, but the unsatisfying "we haven't heard about this, check with a flight attendant or at the airport" response was underwhelming.

Cheers.
Old May 12, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hiima
What about OWS? I remember seeing the sapphire oval at the fast track lane.
Expedited security from a OW benefits perspective, only applies to OWEs. Also, Arrivals is a different type of "Fast Track" than Departures or Connections.

The latter are security check lines, whereas Arrivals is an Immigration Fast Track, thus in the case of AA at LHR, reserved for J and F pax only by default, although I'm sure a FA would hand over the Fast Track pass to an EXP asking for one even if they flew in Y..
Old May 12, 2016, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I understand that. But, you can also see how there is a lot left open in the way LHR has worded the policy.

My own experience was in being denied entry for both Connections and Arrivals without the specific invitation in both Security and Immigration, while traveling in business class on both BA and AA.

If you don't have the invitation, you are at the mercy of an open ended statement on a web site saying you MAY be entitled to something.
Old May 12, 2016, 2:11 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by transportbiz

If you don't have the invitation, you are at the mercy of an open ended statement on a web site saying you MAY be entitled to something.
Except that for premium cabin travel, it does not say MAY in any form. In this regard, it appears definitive, owing to "is available."

Cheers.
Old May 12, 2016, 2:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExP 1MM, Smiles/GOL Diamond, TudoAzul/AZUL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum
I was there last Saturday and received fast track card normally.
Old May 12, 2016, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by brp
Except that for premium cabin travel, it does not say MAY in any form. In this regard, it appears definitive, owing to "is available."

Cheers.
We have different ideas of what "available" means. My definition is that there is nothing definitive about available other than it is available, which doesn't mean it will be provided. It's like there being an abundance of available women (or men) at a bar, it my no means suggests you'll get one.

The fundamental issue here is that the cards are not consistently provided on-board the aircraft, if they were, there would be no issue in gaining access, with the card there is no question, without the card: YMMV.

Last edited by transportbiz; May 13, 2016 at 12:16 pm
Old May 12, 2016, 3:07 pm

Arguing with the person guarding the fast track immigration lane about policy does not seem productive, even if you have the LHR web page and it is unambiguous.

FWIW, I agree with brp on the meaning of "available".

AA's twitter team does not seem to have yet responded to Jon's tweet or to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26615213-post21.html, although they did promise to look into the issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.