Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

SFO - LAX Mainline seems to be going away in 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO - LAX Mainline seems to be going away in 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2016, 4:52 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Col Ronson
AFAIK doesn't DL also do regionals on this shuttle route?
Your consultancy doesn't subscribe to Diio?!?!
Old Dec 14, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Where are all the LAA mainline planes going? ORD? DFW (not to the east coast as far as I can tell)? MIA?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
Where are all the LAA mainline planes going? ORD? DFW (not to the east coast as far as I can tell)? MIA?
In the LAX expansion thread, it was mentioned that AA overextended themselves at LAX, thus causing some issues at T4 with gate crowding, etc. This may be part of move to alleviate that, meaning the mainline planes may not be going anywhere (from LAX at least)
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Not in June ...

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I have a schedule change notification and both directions have only E75s all day.

It isn't that I'm disturbed as to the substitute aircraft; rather, the commuters are usually the first to cancel, and the LAX terminal situation is well ... terminal.
This may be true for March, but the summer schedule shows mainline planes doing SFO - LAX, so I think the title of this thread is a bit overdramatic.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
This may be true for March, but the summer schedule shows mainline planes doing SFO - LAX, so I think the title of this thread is a bit overdramatic.
AA only "locks" the schedule approximately three months out IME. Future schedules are placeholders and subject to change. This does not mean that mainline won't be back in June, but we won't know for sure (either way) until the schedule for that period locks.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
"[S]eems to be going away" is overdramatic?

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the new "normal" for the route, with only an occasional mainline for aircraft placement in the future.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:57 pm
SST

BOO: 737s disappear SFO-LAX, compass eagle's nest/crappy bus

Just set out to book my next month's LAX business trips from home in SFO. No longer. Looking at Jan 17/18, ALL flights between these cities are RJs on Compass-- not even the 4-5 mainline flights they've had this last year. I *DETEST* the extra 1/2 hour you have to budget to use the ridiculous "Eagle's Nest" remote terminal and its hokey bus service, each direction.

No thanks.

I travel this route at least 2x/month, and I will not voluntarily inconvenience myself like this when WN can get me to BUR, SNA *and* LAX on mainline equipment to terminals where getting to a rental car is simple. VX works well for SAN, LAX and SNA. DL and UA are even better.

Guess this is my last year of EXP status since 30k+ R/t's of flying to SoCal is now up for grabs, since they've once again pimped SFO out by failing to be competitive, once again.

Oh well, I'll probably save money using WN's companion pass, which they extended to me for a year.

AA *was* my loyal favorite, EXP 15 years---- now, I spend the remaining 1.8m miles, I guess. Thanks, guys, but it was your move and you blew it.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
this may be temporary / seasonal

Looking out at April 10 and beyond I start seeing mainline flights again
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Eagles nest isnt that fun, but isnt the worst thing on the planet. The E175 is a fairly nice ride though.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:12 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by bchandler02
Eagles nest isnt that fun, but isnt the worst thing on the planet. The E175 is a fairly nice ride though.
And the AC while small is way better than T4 with the ongoing renovations. Win some, lose some. Also I don't think taking the bus from T6 is that much longer than walking to a gate at the end of T4. Maybe 5-7 minutes top. Never had to wait more than 2 minutes in the bus holding area.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by SST
AA *was* my loyal favorite, EXP 15 years---- now, I spend the remaining 1.8m miles, I guess. Thanks, guys, but it was your move and you blew it.
Apparently AA management didn't think that retaining your individual business provided as much benefit to the company as making the aircraft changes which they've made.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by SST
Thanks, guys, but it was your move and you blew it.
Smart move on AA's part. Customers who freak out over such trivial issues aren't worth keeping around, in my experience.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
This contributes to my continual wonder of what happened to the 737s! I think the answer is DFW/MIA/DFW, but I know it isn't DCA anymore.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:24 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
This topic came up a few weeks ago; let's consolidate the discussion in one place. /Moderator
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by golfingboy
And the AC while small is way better than T4 with the ongoing renovations. Win some, lose some. Also I don't think taking the bus from T6 is that much longer than walking to a gate at the end of T4. Maybe 5-7 minutes top. Never had to wait more than 2 minutes in the bus holding area.
Ive seen the T6 bus line to the nest all the way past the bathrooms as you are coming up that ramp from gate(s) 64, etc that Alaska uses. If cutting it close that is a reason for stress.

Agree with all the above though - no problems with the E75 - just the bus situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.