Search

AA Seatmap link no longer working?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2016, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP
AA Seatmap link no longer working?

I have been using http://www.aa.com/seatmap/viewSeatsAccess.do
to view seat maps, but it doesn't seem to be working anymore as of today. If this is a permanent change, does anyone have an alternate link?

Thanks!
Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
seat maps have been gone from the AA site for a while now. I use seat guru if I need to see a seat map.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cynicAAl
seat maps have been gone from the AA site for a while now. I use seat guru if I need to see a seat map.
The link that I referenced was a "hidden" link (not referenced anywhere on AA.com). It worked as late as last night, and showed all non-claimed/unsold seats in Y and F, which seat guru does not do. While not an exact replacement for other tools, it did allow us to see approximately how many seats were available on a particular flight.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Uzzar
The link that I referenced was a "hidden" link (not referenced anywhere on AA.com). It worked as late as last night, and showed all non-claimed/unsold seats in Y and F, which seat guru does not do. While not an exact replacement for other tools, it did allow us to see approximately how many seats were available on a particular flight.
You are right. The new link noted on FT to indirectly get to seat maps "has taken flight".

It appears, however, that the flight-specific pages you get to by providing info on that page still works. For example:

https://www.aa.com/seats/view?flight...A&aircraft=738

So one could get the info for one's flight by painfully inserting the needed info into that URL. Hopefully it's just a hiccup; but if not, and no replacement is forthcoming, some enterprising soul with a website could set up a simple webform to provide the functionality.

P.S. Trusting Seatmap is risky...
Old Dec 9, 2016, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Uzzar
I have been using http://www.aa.com/seatmap/viewSeatsAccess.do
to view seat maps, but it doesn't seem to be working anymore as of today. If this is a permanent change, does anyone have an alternate link?

Thanks!
You can use "Plan Travel" + "Schedules and Notifications" to get to seat maps.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MADPhil
You can use "Plan Travel" + "Schedules and Notifications" to get to seat maps.
Aha! So for those who prefer it, bookmarking that "Schedule" link gets you to the same place.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Aha! So for those who prefer it, bookmarking that "Schedule" link gets you to the same place.
That's the one, thanks!! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.