FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Mixed cabin / class award issues, questions, discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1806044-mixed-cabin-class-award-issues-questions-discussion.html)

Bootman4U Jan 29, 2020 10:56 am

Thanks very much for your reply.

AnthonyGT May 24, 2020 8:18 am

J Award available, but not showing when booking a connecting F Award

Apologies for the odd title, but I tried searching for an issue like this but was have a hard time describing it.

I have a roundtrip award on hold from PHL-ORD-HND and HND-ORD-PHL, booked in F. The outbound flight gave me the option of booking J for the PHL-ORD leg (the other flight is on JAL). But the return flight only gave me the option of Premium Economy on ORD-PHL.

But if I search just the ORD-PHL leg or the even the HND-ORD-PHL leg by itself I get the option of J! That seems very strange to me. Is there a way to get that last leg in J? Is that something I could call in have a CSR do?

Thanks!

shd9 May 24, 2020 8:46 am

This would seem like a Married Segments Control problem -J is only made available from ORD-PHL if it is booked with an international connection.

This is indeed quite strange as usually MSC does not apply to partner flights connections. Maybe just hold J HND-PHL online, and call in to inquire whether it is possible to upgrade HND-ORD to F?

AnthonyGT May 24, 2020 10:16 am

Originally Posted by shd9 (Post 32400028)
This would seem like a Married Segments Control problem -J is only made available from ORD-PHL if it is booked with an international connection.

This is indeed quite strange as usually MSC does not apply to partner flights connections. Maybe just hold J HND-PHL online, and call in to inquire whether it is possible to upgrade HND-ORD to F?

Yeah, that's what seemed weird. It's essentially available in every format except the roundtrip ticket. I'll give them a call as you suggested and see what happens. Thanks!

iadisgreat May 24, 2020 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by AnthonyGT (Post 32400187)
Yeah, that's what seemed weird. It's essentially available in every format except the roundtrip ticket. I'll give them a call as you suggested and see what happens. Thanks!

I would book two one ways in this case and deal with the fees (or lack thereof).

Centurion May 24, 2020 6:58 pm

Welcome to the AA devaluation or enhancements that are described in multiple others threads. The fact you have a leg in F and premium Econ is amazing. Normally you can not get anything without a stupid layover of more than 10 hours or more and worse