Anyone else never get credit from partners?

Old Nov 29, 16, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American AAdvantage
Anyone else never get credit from partners?

I rent cars and stay at hotels that AA has partnership agreements with. I NEVER get my miles credited. I always have to send AA my receipts. Anyone else have this happen to them?

I also noticed that car rental companies in particular now charge you a fee for entering your AA account. I assume the rental companies have to buy the miles from AA or something and they are passing the cost on.
Old Nov 29, 16, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by davidflies View Post
I rent cars and stay at hotels that AA has partnership agreements with. I NEVER get my miles credited. I always have to send AA my receipts. Anyone else have this happen to them?

I also noticed that car rental companies in particular now charge you a fee for entering your AA account. I assume the rental companies have to buy the miles from AA or something and they are passing the cost on.
What airline partners specifically?

You're about nineteen years late to gaining alertness on the charge for frequent flyer miles for U.S. carriers.

http://www.best-car-rental-tips.com/...yer-miles.html
Old Nov 29, 16, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme View Post
What airline partners specifically?
OP didn't mention airlines. Only rental car and hotels.

As for the question.
As long as the stay or car rental qualified for earning miles and I have the hotel rewards program set to earn miles and not points AND my AA number is attached to the reservation or in the invoice, I have NEVER had to send a receipt or invoice for the car rental or hotel stay for miles to post on my account.

It can take a few days or a couple of weeks for such miles to post though.

Last edited by carlosdca; Nov 29, 16 at 2:32 pm
Old Nov 29, 16, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
i always get miles from rental cars. never tried hotels so i dont know but ironically i have a westjet flight i took 2 months ago that still hasn't posted.
Old Nov 29, 16, 7:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist ex-Diamond; Marriott Platinum Life; Hilton, AA, United ex-status
I rent cars . . . .that AA has partnership agreements with. I NEVER get my miles credited. I always have to send AA my receipts. Anyone else have this happen to them?
For the most part has not been a problem. But if it is, usually meaning somebody in the family just didn't get their number tied, all or virtually all major North American vendors have canned online functionality to request airline miles after the fact that does not require airline miles getting AA involved or sending in copies.

Search this Thread