FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA72 or QF12 Business (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1804301-aa72-qf12-business.html)

Dthorne1918 Nov 24, 2016 1:15 pm

AA72 or QF12 Business

Hello:
We had a time change and those two flights are options. I'd like your opinions on who has the better business class product? We will be on AA72 on the return in business

surftb15 Nov 24, 2016 1:47 pm

AA is better!

BSBtraveller Nov 24, 2016 2:09 pm

QF for food, service and ease of everything. AA for the seat

surftb15 Nov 24, 2016 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by BSBtraveller (Post 27523703)
QF for food, service and ease of everything. AA for the seat

Eh...AA food has caught up on food on this route. Service, yea, AA has quite a bit of room for improvement.

MCIUnitedGuy Nov 24, 2016 3:18 pm

I was on AA 72 last month in J. Service was really good in the mini-cabin, probably best AA crew I've ever had. Food was fine. Seat was way way better than QF J seat. If your "we" is 2 people I think you could make the case for QF, the A380 is a more pleasant experience than the 77W... having said all that I'd probably opt for AA.

ss2000 Nov 24, 2016 3:55 pm

I just flew QF 8 J (it was a380) and I have flown the AA J. I would prefer the AA over the QF. Service was a bit better on QF but I think AA beats them in every other way.

I wasn't overly impressed with the QF food either.

Astronomer Nov 24, 2016 4:13 pm

In J, I would pick AA over QF. I find the QF J seats a little cramped. AA seat in an off itself on a flight as long as this makes the case for AA. I've heard (but not had the opportunity to experience) that the soft product on AA on this flight has been upgraded.

Slightly OT, but if you were flying F, I'd say pick QF - no second thoughts about that. The seats are comparable, but the service and food in QF in F is absolutely outstanding.

WiscAZ Nov 24, 2016 5:53 pm

Done both multiple times. Would suggest AA

JDiver Nov 24, 2016 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by WiscAZ (Post 27524197)
Done both multiple times. Would suggest AA

What WiscAZ said.

Though if I am using the Qantas A380, you can usually find me in 12 E or F.

ksb Nov 24, 2016 8:34 pm

AA's seat is so much better than QF's.

no1cub17 Nov 24, 2016 9:29 pm

Hard to believe but we'd also give AA the nod. If only AA's crews were more consistent. The superior Cirrus seat, decent enough catering, and wi-fi give AA the edge. And if you get a great (or even good) AA crew, it's really quite a pleasant experience.

agjil Nov 24, 2016 9:31 pm

QF has pretty mediocre J seats while AA has good ones.
Go with AA.

holocker Nov 25, 2016 1:48 am

Just booked J Award seats from San Diego to Cairns on the AA flight LAX-SYD so good to know. For 2 people traveling together would you recommend the 2 center seats or a window and aisle seat?

JDiver Nov 25, 2016 10:13 am

Originally Posted by holocker (Post 27525000)
Just booked J Award seats from San Diego to Cairns on the AA flight LAX-SYD so good to know. For 2 people traveling together would you recommend the 2 center seats or a window and aisle seat?

A lot of information in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...aster-thd.html.

cmd320 Nov 25, 2016 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by Dthorne1918 (Post 27523535)
Hello:
We had a time change and those two flights are options. I'd like your opinions on who has the better business class product? We will be on AA72 on the return in business

I'm assuming that "we" implies you're traveling with at least one companion. That being the case, I'd probably choose QF. Seats are far better if traveling with someone else than AA. Add to that the better consistency of QF (never know what you might get on AA). Also, it may be a matter of preference but for me A380 >>>>> 77W.