Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help please: AA125 DFW-HKG Problem

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: CX Diamond, AA CK (quit 2018), Starwood Platinum, National EXC Elite
Looks like a large portion of those that were on yesterdays cancelled 125, were rebooked today. Noticed that UPG list was 24 deep, and only 2 cleared. 1 to J and 1 to F. For those that interested, this weeks 125 UPG history ;

11/14 ; 33, 14 cleared
11/15 ; 8, 8 cleared
11/16 ; 11, 11 cleared
11/17 ; 24, 2 cleared
Old Nov 18, 2016, 1:03 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by Col Ronson
Except that CX discount coach fares earn 0% RDMs on AAdvantage.
AA will almost always book the CX flights under the AA code which solves that problem.
Data points:
This has now happened to me several times and AA agents have indicated that it's policy for them to book under the AA code/they can't "see" the CX code without a bit more work.
I believe AA codeshares on nearly every CX transpac flight at this point (maybe only 3 of 4 LAX flights but from every American gateway).
This year my completion rate on AA itineraries is ZERO--I have literally not flown a single AA itinerary as it was scheduled/booked, all due to various IRROPS. Admittedly all my travel is international so not that much is touching AA, but that still encompasses 14 segments.

In the past two years they've:
- sent me on alternative BA flights replacing AA flights to LHR
- sent me through LHR when I was supposed to go through HKG
- sent me through HKG when I was supposed to go through DOH
- sent me through LAX to HKG (CX) when I was supposed to go through DFW (AA)
Old Nov 18, 2016, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by MKE-MR
AA will almost always book the CX flights under the AA code which solves that problem.
Data points:
This has now happened to me several times and AA agents have indicated that it's policy for them to book under the AA code/they can't "see" the CX code without a bit more work.
I believe AA codeshares on nearly every CX transpac flight at this point (maybe only 3 of 4 LAX flights but from every American gateway).
This year my completion rate on AA itineraries is ZERO--I have literally not flown a single AA itinerary as it was scheduled/booked, all due to various IRROPS. Admittedly all my travel is international so not that much is touching AA, but that still encompasses 14 segments.

In the past two years they've:
- sent me on alternative BA flights replacing AA flights to LHR
- sent me through LHR when I was supposed to go through HKG
- sent me through HKG when I was supposed to go through DOH
- sent me through LAX to HKG (CX) when I was supposed to go through DFW (AA)

Phone agents? Maybe, but certainly not true for the ones at the airport. AA codeshares do not have all the CX inventories all the time. For example, you see a couple of seats in AA codeshare J, but in CX, you could see I, or more seats in business cabin. It is not the customers' problem that AA cannot see the inventories. Keep pressing for the optimal routings that you want in the event of IRROPs.

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Nov 18, 2016 at 11:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.