FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   New Concierge Key Benefits for 2017: New CK Elite Status Tier (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1801056-new-concierge-key-benefits-2017-new-ck-elite-status-tier.html)

pkfinman Nov 7, 2016 10:44 am

New Concierge Key Benefits for 2017: New CK Elite Status Tier

Just got an email from AA outlining some new CK Benefits including a 120 Hour upgrade window.

JDiver Nov 7, 2016 10:51 am

There has been speculation surrounding this for a while, and it’s now official. Starting in 2017, Concierge Key will be a formal tier in the AAdvantage program. This means that Concierge Key members will get priority (with upgrades, standby, etc.) ahead of Executive Platinum members.

However, as of now there are no other changes in benefits, and there are no plans to publish the qualification criteria for earning Concierge Key.

Link to Lucky's column in BoardingArea

cesco.g Nov 7, 2016 11:07 am

With CK becoming an official status level, will it also be incorporated into the million miler program?

Phasers Nov 7, 2016 11:09 am

Originally Posted by cesco.g (Post 27448893)
With CK becoming an official status level, will it also be incorporated into the million miler program?

I very much doubt it considering Plat Pro and EXP still haven't been incorporated into the million miler program.

It would be nice is CK requirements were published now that it is an official tier.

Clarkcc1 Nov 7, 2016 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Phasers (Post 27448904)
I very much doubt it considering Plat Pro and EXP still haven't been incorporated into the million miler program.

It would be nice is CK requirements were published now that it is an official tier.

Good luck with that - assuming they copy UA on GS - as they are with the 120 hr window, it will be cloaked in mystery/endless FT speculation

JonNYC Nov 7, 2016 11:15 am

Originally Posted by cesco.g (Post 27448893)

Nope.

Suggest merge with this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...tor-cards.html

And, a good reason to follow me on Twitter :)

https://twitter.com/xJonNYC/status/792118702636490752

nrr Nov 7, 2016 11:34 am

EXPs (like me:)) are having difficulty upgrading at T-100, is there any reason to assume CKs will GET upgraded at T-120? (Though it sounds "nice" to have that ability.:p)

TravelLawyer Nov 7, 2016 11:46 am

Originally Posted by nrr (Post 27449031)
EXPs (like me:)) are having difficulty upgrading at T-100, is there any reason to assume CKs will GET upgraded at T-120? (Though it sounds "nice" to have that ability.:p)

Exactly this. Mr. AtomicLush who is EXP booked an economy seat 4-5 months ago. EF showing F7 the entire time, and he was upgraded 6 hours before the flight.

nrr Nov 7, 2016 11:49 am

Originally Posted by AtomicLush (Post 27449087)
Exactly this. Mr. AtomicLush who is EXP booked an economy seat 4-5 months ago. EF showing F7 the entire time, and he was upgraded 6 hours before the flight.

Maybe numbers like T-100 and T-120 refer to minutes NOT hours now.:rolleyes:

Madison Guy Nov 7, 2016 11:51 am

Originally Posted by nrr (Post 27449097)
Maybe numbers like T-100 and T-120 refer to minutes NOT hours now.:rolleyes:

Thanks! I needed the laugh!

Oh wait - you might well have been serious! ;)

ryan182 Nov 7, 2016 11:58 am

The more important question is how will CK evolve, when GS first started at UA it was very small and the effects were fairly limited. Once it became more "official" the number of GS seemed to ballon and 1K upgrades became very hard to come by.

phil_flyer Nov 7, 2016 12:17 pm

The number of CK flyers has also grown, at least by my anecdotal observation of the number of pre-boards called with me on my flights by the CK rep.

prw555 Nov 7, 2016 12:48 pm

Why?

What's the point in "formalizing" it, if qualification requirements are not being revealed? Particularly now that they announced the 120 hour window... (not that, that happens anyway - chuckle)

rasheed Nov 7, 2016 2:43 pm

No, there is no reason to expect that the T-120 means much for many popular routes. I still suspect the problem which may have lead to this part of the CK decision was due to many in the EXP pool (including CKs) are not getting window upgrades. The CKs didn't realize it was not a personal issue.

So, the window stuff seems silly because of the X holdbacks except for a handful of situations (like LAX/SFO-JFK) where EXP vs CK will make a difference.

Rasheed

DoctorORD Nov 7, 2016 3:55 pm

Would have preferred more SWU's, but I don't think they'd make money if they went back to the old system. Other tidbits I was told at check-in earlier today- "ConciergeKey" will be printed on the boarding pass. Early boarding will be formalized. There will be a Next Flight Guarantee (not sure what this really means, I think they are still trying to iron out the kinks, which is why it wasn't on the e-mail. We sort of already have this, informally.). Overall, these changes makes sense, because the whole point of CK (in AA's eyes) is as a lifeline product to protect its most important valuable passengers in case of IROPS.