Miles taking more time to post?

Old Nov 7, 16, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Miles taking more time to post?

Scheduled to fly Nov 4 MIA-JFK-LHR-TXL. Had a Gate confusion with the MIA flight so was put by the rebooking center on MIA-LHR-TXL. Today Nov 7 miles still didn't post. Should I give it one more day?
You see with the computer glitches hoped to earn more miles if it calculates distance based then fare based...
Old Nov 7, 16, 1:50 am

Programs: AA EXP
In the past, miles from my AA marketed flights almost always posted the next day, but lately, especially with IRROPS/rerouting, it's consistently taking 3 or 4 days for them to post.
Old Nov 7, 16, 6:24 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
They will post, my last two trips to India, have taken up to 5 days to post from AA, and almost a week from BA, and unfortunatley, my trips recently have been fare based.
Old Nov 7, 16, 8:38 am

Programs: AADVANTAGE
I notice this as well.
Old Nov 7, 16, 10:02 am

Last edited by apgreddy2; Jun 22, 17 at 1:54 pm
Old Nov 7, 16, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
Originally Posted by apgreddy2 View Post
Here is a data point. I just flew yesterday 11/6 from HKG-LAX and my miles posted 11/7.
Last month I flew from PVG-DFW and the miles had posted by the time I landed at DFW. However, most of the time AA flights are taking 2 days to post instead of what used to be next day (if the flight was before 6p ET).
Old Nov 7, 16, 6:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver, Marriott, Miles & More, Trueblue
My miles almost always post within 48 hours after flight, but AA does ask you to wait 15 days before requesting missing miles so I'd definitely wait a couple more days. I wouldn't be surprised if you earn the same amount of miles as you were supposed to on your original itinerary. If your change was involuntary though you can request the additional miles.
Old Nov 7, 16, 10:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
I'd wait then request in a day or 2.

If they do credit based on fare then make sure you request Original Routing Credit for EQMs.
Old Nov 8, 16, 7:10 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Hmmm..... My experience has been different. My flights this year have almost all posted the next day as long as they completed before midnight, and certainly not longer than 36 hours. Even my flights that have been pure LAN-marketed and operated have posted in no more than three days, which is much faster than past years.
Old Nov 8, 16, 7:13 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by benjistawski View Post
My miles almost always post within 48 hours after flight, but AA does ask you to wait 15 days before requesting missing miles so I'd definitely wait a couple more days. I wouldn't be surprised if you earn the same amount of miles as you were supposed to on your original itinerary. If your change was involuntary though you can request the additional miles.
Agreed. In past years when I've had to wait they always showed up in within the 15 days. I don't know for sure, but I would suspect that if you do use the missing miles webform it will automatically reject your request if you submit sooner than the 15 days.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: