Missing Flight on Return

Old Oct 27, 16, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Missing Flight on Return

I posted this in the newbie thread as well, but haven't gotten any responses so thought I would try this. My apologies if this is not appropriate.

We took advantage of the low fares to Europe and booked a trip to Barcelona set to leave next week. Flights are on AA and Iberia, ticketed with AA. My husband called AA to inquire about upgrade costs - which we declined to do. The agent who helped him ended up removing one of the Iberia return flights from our reservation. I noticed this yesterday and contacted AA about it. I called again today and was advised they are still working on it and to try back again tomorrow.

My husband also tried calling them and the agent he spoke with basically spun the same story but went so far as to tell him that there is "plenty of room" on that flight. However, having run searches ourselves and checked expertflyer there is no availability in coach.

How concerned should we be about them being able to fix it? Is there some other course of action we should be pursuing to get the situation resolved?
Old Oct 27, 16, 11:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
I would keep calling, I do not believe that is something that should take days at all. This should be something that should be able to be fixed very quickly if in fact there are plenty of seats open. It honestly shouldn't take more than 10 minutes for a competent agent to do so. You said it's AA ticketed, so it's not hard to book a codeshare for an AA agent.

Search this Thread