FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA System does not recognize LA / oneworld status (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1798658-aa-system-does-not-recognize-la-oneworld-status.html)

godsquare Oct 26, 2016 1:59 pm

AA System does not recognize LA / oneworld status

My LANPASS account was upgraded to Black (One World Emerald) back in August. However, to date, AA system still does not recognize it. For example, when I try to book a flight on aa.com, the system still tries to charge me for main cabin extra seats even when I add my LANPASS account number before the seat selection seat.

Anyone knows how to get this issue solved? Should I contact AA or LATAM or I am just out of luck?

My primary purpose is to get a lounge access but LATAM customer service is a joke. I have requested my physical membership card to be mailed to me since August and the request is still under processing. Therefore, if the AA system does not recognize my LANPASS status, I cannot enter the lounge even with my digital membership card.

Any suggestions/comments/thoughts are greatly appreciated.

sudden729 Oct 26, 2016 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by godsquare (Post 27396607)
My LANPASS account was upgraded to Black (One World Emerald) back in August. However, to date, AA system still does not recognize it. For example, when I try to book a flight on aa.com, the system still tries to charge me for main cabin extra seats even when I add my LANPASS account number before the seat selection seat.

Anyone knows how to get this issue solved? Should I contact AA or LATAM or I am just out of luck?

My primary purpose is to get a lounge access but LATAM customer service is a joke. I have requested my physical membership card to be mailed to me since August and the request is still under processing. Therefore, if the AA system does not recognize my LANPASS status, I cannot enter the lounge even with my digital membership card.

Any suggestions/comments/thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Similar situation happened to me except AA was the airline with which I had status with and Cathay was the airline whose online page would not recognize my status. I called Cathay (operating carrier) and gave them my AAdvantage number. They were able to lookup my status and assign me a seat. I suggest calling AA

3Cforme Oct 26, 2016 5:31 pm

Of the 13 other oneworld carriers, for which does AA recognize elite status automatically, and which not? Is this much more narrowly a problem unique to LATAM?

airberlin
British Airways
Cathay Pacific
Finnair
Iberia
Japan Airlines
LATAM
Malaysia Airlines
Qantas
Qatar Airways
Royal Jordanian
S7 Airlines
SriLankan Airlines

Gerbs Oct 26, 2016 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme (Post 27397361)
Of the 13 other oneworld carriers, for which does AA recognize elite status automatically, and which not? Is this much more narrowly a problem unique to LATAM?

AA has recognized my British Airways status automatically in every case when entered at time of booking. In addition to the published OW benefits, I have also received free BOB in Y and op-ups in oversold situations.

N1120A Oct 26, 2016 6:17 pm

Call in and have them reenter your number.

godsquare Oct 28, 2016 11:35 am

I called AA today and they claimed that as their system does not recognize my status with LATAM, there is nothing they can do.

Note that their system has no problem recognizing my status with Air Berlin and Alaska though.

geoshina Oct 28, 2016 10:06 pm

I have had experiences where the agent was putting my LATAM FIDELIDADE (former Tam Fidelidade) in LATAM PASS (former Lan Pass) so the system was unable to recognize it. After I told them about this, she was able to put it correctly - JJ/LA.

Have you checked with the agent this issue? JJ/LA.

I always thought that this LATAM brand would cause some trouble.

godsquare Oct 30, 2016 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by geoshina (Post 27407254)
I have had experiences where the agent was putting my LATAM FIDELIDADE (former Tam Fidelidade) in LATAM PASS (former Lan Pass) so the system was unable to recognize it. After I told them about this, she was able to put it correctly - JJ/LA.

Have you checked with the agent this issue? JJ/LA.

I always thought that this LATAM brand would cause some trouble.

I entered my LATAM PASS number by myself on aa.com. I don't think I chose the wrong one.

godsquare Mar 31, 2017 6:07 pm

Six months have passed and I still have the same problem. Any suggestions/comments/thoughts?

I have contacted AA several times and they have not been helpful so far.

AAExecPlatFlier Mar 31, 2017 6:18 pm

If it was ur AA status not being shown on say LA OR BA, an agent could call the onewold desk and they would work the issue. So, my thought is....

1. Contact LA and see if they have a oneworld del that they could work through (they should)

2. Maybe AA would be able to contact their oneworld desk, although it really isn't AAs responsibility to work the issue. But worth a try.

Originally Posted by godsquare (Post 28113443)
Six months have passed and I still have the same problem. Any suggestions/comments/thoughts?

flyerguy1975 Mar 31, 2017 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by godsquare (Post 28113443)

You need to contact LANTAM- They have to update their system and push your status thru so other Oneworld airlines can see it. AA can't see your LANTAM account or status.

When QR wasn't seeing AA status, AA had to fix it, not QR since the status was with AA.

Eli Barnett Apr 18, 2017 11:03 am

Same happens to me with AA. I am Black in LATAM but AA sees no status. Checked with LATAM and they say everything is fine in their end. I was able to corroborate as Iberia and British Airways do see my LATAM status correctly but AA still cannot, so I guess it's an AA issue.

Anyone was able to solve this on AA side?

jay_dubya Oct 18, 2017 8:54 am

I'm having a similar problem with my just matched Air Berlin status. AA not recognizing it

JAXBA Oct 19, 2017 12:06 pm

AA/LA are both in Sabre - it should be updated for both...

BA/AB/IB/AY/CX/JJ/QF/QR/RJ are all in Amadeus (although IB is also in a older system as well, hence some seating trouble) and will see each others update easily.

Sabre/Amadeus status updates can sometimes take some time - but Sabre/Sabre?? If it's still happening for the OP, then LA can't repush the status to AA - but AA can certainly call their oneworld helpdesk as and when they need to verify a status.

@jay_dubya - who is your matched status with?

jay_dubya Oct 19, 2017 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by JAXBA (Post 28952302)
AA/LA are both in Sabre - it should be updated for both...

BA/AB/IB/AY/CX/JJ/QF/QR/RJ are all in Amadeus (although IB is also in a older system as well, hence some seating trouble) and will see each others update easily.

Sabre/Amadeus status updates can sometimes take some time - but Sabre/Sabre?? If it's still happening for the OP, then LA can't repush the status to AA - but AA can certainly call their oneworld helpdesk as and when they need to verify a status.

@jay_dubya - who is your matched status with?

I just matched TO Airberlin in order to be able to match to IB once my gold card arrives. I was surprised that AB approved it 2 days ago.

Interesting about the lag between Amadeus and Sabre. I made a dummy booking on CX, and it recognized my AB status, but a similar one on AA did not. Thanks for the info @JAXBA