Wiki Posts
Search

Republic E175 Seatmap Issue

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2016, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Republic E175 Seatmap Issue

Looking at flights operated by Republic E175s next year, the seatmap shows as unavailable on each flight I've got scheduled from January through June- but only on routes that were LUS such as CLT-YYZ or YYZ-LGA. Routes such as ORD-YYZ on newer Republic equipment with 12F display just fine and I can select seats without issue.

Does anyone know what's up? Been like this for weeks now. I have to call in for seat assignments, and when I do, reservation agents say they can see the seatmaps just fine and assign seats without issue...however I can't select or change them on the website or through the app.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: AAdvantage
I've encountered similar problems when AA was in the process of changing 777-200 configurations on a route. It's possible that AA is changing E175 configurations and that's why the website or app (which work off the same seat map) aren't working. I don't know if it would take weeks to be resolved, though.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:52 am
Original Poster

OK that makes sense...would actually be nice to see the newer Republic birds on those routes, as the older E175s are getting quite worn on the inside.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 11:55 am

I have seen similar things lately and it is not specific to a given flight.

The word from AA is that there are two 'versions' of the plane - 'business' and 'leisure'. Obviously the one with 12 F seats is 'business', but what I was told is that on some routes, over the longer time horizon, they are trying to figure out which 'version' is best. Hence, holding off on "publishing" the maps, despite them being available to agents and seats able to be selected.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Interesting, thanks for the info hilton-gold.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 5:07 am

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, Hilton, Avis, Hertz
https://skift.com/2016/09/04/republi...om-bankruptcy/

Might be because of changing the number of seats on the older planes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.