View Poll Results: EXP: With the EQD spend required in 2017, my EXP status probably will
remain unaffected, as my annual travels exceed $12k EQD
42.93%
be affected, but I value EXP and will do what it takes to keep it
6.06%
be renewed only if a credit card spend waiver is offered
17.17%
lost for lower status on AA
11.62%
lost; I'll seek status / expand my flying on other airlines
22.22%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

AA Executive Platinum: Revenue Contribution to AA

Old Oct 26, 16, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Starting with the post by Biggie Fries above, I agree with much of what has been said. I'm probably going to give it one more year, but as the value proposition declines, so does my interest in spending the necessary dollars with AA.
Old Oct 26, 16, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA - PlatPro, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Executive, NEXUS
I do somewhere around $20k per year (probably closer to $16 - 17k in EQD), all in Y, all US/CAN/Caribbean, and nearly all on short notice (< 2 weeks) for the job. I get around 60k EQMs/70 EQSs per year and just requalified for PLAT last weekend.
Old Oct 26, 16, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA MM, UA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I'm envious of those who travel on someone else's dime, but 100% of my travel comes out of my own pocket. This year, I requalified for EXP back in May with a spend of just over $3,000, and there's no chance that I'll spend several times more just to requalify for the same status that I've had in the past.

My strategy for award flights is to enjoy my AA miles before my EXP status expires in 2018. For purchased flights, I've begun shopping around for the best price/value for business/first class tickets on any carrier. I imagine that sometimes that might be on AA, sometimes not, but there's no longer a reason to limit myself to AA in the future.

Search this Thread