Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Boeing 787-9 / 789: Coach, MCE & Premium Economy Seat, Service (master thd) ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Boeing 787-9 Main Cabin and Main Cabin Extra Seats and Service
The 787-9 stretched version of the Dreamliner entered service October 6, 2016.
The aircraft accommodates 207 Main Cabin seats plus 27 Main Cabin Extra seats (for a total of 234 Economy seats)

Related threads:
Boeing 787-9 (789): Discussion of 787-9 coming to AA 6 Oct 2016
Boeing 787-9 / 789 Business (B/E Super Diamond) Seat & Service (master thd)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2016, 5:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Content moved to Wikipost.

Aircraft layout
Attached Images  

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 18, 2017 at 7:24 pm
Old Jul 19, 2016, 4:04 am

Found this thread when I google'ed as my March 2017 DFW-MAD will be on 789, Economy anyway, on old pre-3/22 award flight

Better than old 2-5-2 772 I suppose
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: AA GOLD
Originally Posted by jerryhung
Better than old 2-5-2 772 I suppose
In economy, I'd prefer the old 772. You get 1.5" more seat width on a 9-across arrangement on the 777 than the 787.

Now if you can get a premium economy seat sold as MCE, that's another story...
Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1K
Any information on the bulkhead on this plane (row 12 or 24)? Booking DFW-MAD...

Also, I'm catching up on Premium Economy...what's the word on an EXP booking award tickets, any chance of booking PE with miles?

Originally Posted by azcoyote
Booked a RT DFW-MAD-LIS flight in late JAN 2017 a few weeks ago. The AC change occurred as expected overnight and our seats were moved to row 12 this morning whilst the seat map was blocked. Just rechecked our reservation and we (EXP and PLT) are now seated in PE row 9 without any intervention on our part.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by oysterhead43
Any information on the bulkhead on this plane (row 12 or 24)? Booking DFW-MAD...

Also, I'm catching up on Premium Economy...what's the word on an EXP booking award tickets, any chance of booking PE with miles?
Eventually, yes. Once it's introduced as its own class and depending how long it takes AA to get its IT ducks in a row (to allow award bookings). But that's a ways off still, until there are more PE equipped planes. For now, they'll just be sold as MCE, which is why I find your question a bit odd. If you want a bulkhead, go for row 9 while you can, don't even bother with 12 or 24. (Unless you're flying after February.)
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Djokison
For now, they'll just be sold as MCE, which is why I find your question a bit odd. If you want a bulkhead, go for row 9 while you can, don't even bother with 12 or 24. (Unless you're flying after February.)
I'm flying June 2017. PE is grayed out.

Thanks.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by oysterhead43
I'm flying June 2017. PE is grayed out.

Thanks.
Ah too bad. That's quite an advanced booking there!

Regarding The bulkhead seats on this plane, I don't think we'll know exactly till its in the service. But presumably they're similar to the ones on the 788, so perhaps you could check in that thread and see how they are.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Regarding The bulkhead seats on this plane, I don't think we'll know exactly till its in the service. But presumably they're similar to the ones on the 788, so perhaps you could check in that thread and see how they are.
I don't think they'll be so similar to the 788 necessarily. The 787-9 will use a B/E Aerospace seat, and we don't know how those will be yet - though upthread there's discussion by brp, JonNYC about the UA seat that's similar.

(In business, the 788 is equipped with Zodiac "Concept D" Business Suite, and the 787-9 will be equipped with the B/E Aerospace "Super Diamond" seat (as indicated in the wikipost). Significantly different product, shouldn't be comparable with the induced motion problems in the Zodiac seat.)

We will probably have to wait for some reports.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Entirely different seat set-up 788 vs. 789

Originally Posted by JDiver
I don't think they'll be so similar to the 788 necessarily. The 787-9 will use a B/E Aerospace seat, and we don't know how those will be yet - though upthread there's discussion by brp, JonNYC about the UA seat that's similar...
That was an erroneous comparison-- the UA seat is entirely different. It was the 789 J-seat on AC that one can look to.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I'm flying DFW-MAD in mid late nov and PEY is fully occupied. Hope it's a glitch but 99% sure it isn't.

On SWU waitlist. Fingers crossed
Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
I don't think they'll be so similar to the 788 necessarily. The 787-9 will use a B/E Aerospace seat, and we don't know how those will be yet - though upthread there's discussion by brp, JonNYC about the UA seat that's similar.

(In business, the 788 is equipped with Zodiac "Concept D" Business Suite, and the 787-9 will be equipped with the B/E Aerospace "Super Diamond" seat (as indicated in the wikipost). Significantly different product, shouldn't be comparable with the induced motion problems in the Zodiac seat.)

We will probably have to wait for some reports.
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Entirely different seat set-up 788 vs. 789

That was an erroneous comparison-- the UA seat is entirely different. It was the 789 J-seat on AC that one can look to.
Just so we're clear, we were talking about bulkhead Y seats (obviously J is entirely different and not comparable.) Will Y be that different on the 789 compared to the 788?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:45 pm
Suspended

Just so we're clear, we were talking about bulkhead Y seats (obviously J is entirely different and not comparable.) Will Y be that different on the 789 compared to the 788?
Ah, yeah, no-- you're right, my mistake. (And no idea the actual answer there.)
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP
I'm flying the Morning DFW-LAX flight on OCT 19. Super excited to try the new PE seat!!!
Old Sep 11, 2016, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by sensei
DFW-CDG eff 09JAN17
thanks so much. have a pair Y sAAver for my 40th bday through ORD on a 763, RT.

now I see sAAver option thru DFW with PE seats! BOOM.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
I just did some looking at a May 22 DFW-MAD on the 789 for a trip to TLV. AA is blocking out the PE seats for that flight, now.

Looks like they might want to start selling PE for the summer season?

Our DFW-MAD on April 22nd has the option to select PE seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.