Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Boeing 787-9 / 789: Coach, MCE & Premium Economy Seat, Service (master thd) ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Boeing 787-9 Main Cabin and Main Cabin Extra Seats and Service
The 787-9 stretched version of the Dreamliner entered service October 6, 2016.
The aircraft accommodates 207 Main Cabin seats plus 27 Main Cabin Extra seats (for a total of 234 Economy seats)

Related threads:
Boeing 787-9 (789): Discussion of 787-9 coming to AA 6 Oct 2016
Boeing 787-9 / 789 Business (B/E Super Diamond) Seat & Service (master thd)
Print Wikipost

Boeing 787-9 / 789: Coach, MCE & Premium Economy Seat, Service (master thd) ...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
we flew 9A, 9C last month LAX-DFW. We're both 6' and couldn't touch the bulkhead with our legs fully stretched. Lots more legroom than standard mainline domestic F. I'd take row 9 with no issue at your height. Also, nobody reclining into your space. The leg rests didn't offer much support as they don't come up very high.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:38 pm

How was the IFE screen that comes out of the arm of the seat? I don't want to break my neck looking down for 15 hours. I can't sleep on planes so I'll be spending the majority of my 15 hours watching movies.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
You'll probably break your neck looking down for 15 hours. The swing-up IFE is probably at man-boob level, so you do need to look down a bit to see it. If you recline while watching, it's more in your sight line.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 3:12 am

In 10H for LAX-DFW in April.

9A is available. I am not a window seat guy, almost always choose aisle. I'm 6'4, so a little worried about curvature of the plane.

I was in similar seats on United 787 last year, and was in the aisle bulkhead of PE, really liked.

Should I change to 9A?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Matt Rich
In 10H for LAX-DFW in April.

9A is available. I am not a window seat guy, almost always choose aisle. I'm 6'4, so a little worried about curvature of the plane.

I was in similar seats on United 787 last year, and was in the aisle bulkhead of PE, really liked.

Should I change to 9A?
The curvature of the plane isn't an issue in either row. If you prefer the aisle then I'd stay in row 10. Expect legroom similar to that of a domestic F configuration.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 8:58 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Any advice on which seats in PE to pick? We are traveling as a family of 3 DFW-OGG in March. Daytime flight, so sleeping isn't much of an issue. I'm tall (6'4"), wife is not, and kid is even shorter. Does the extra legroom of the bulkhead make up for the proximity to the lav, lack of underseat storage, and lousy IFE angle? Thanks.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 9:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
Any advice on which seats in PE to pick? We are traveling as a family of 3 DFW-OGG in March. Daytime flight, so sleeping isn't much of an issue. I'm tall (6'4"), wife is not, and kid is even shorter. Does the extra legroom of the bulkhead make up for the proximity to the lav, lack of underseat storage, and lousy IFE angle? Thanks.
I had the bulkhead several times between LAX and LHR and for me the additional space really makes a difference - even if its just to the fact that you can stand up there if you like without bothering anyone + you can better stretch our your legs. IFE was never a problem for me, maybe only the storage issue.

In any case I would personally go for the bulkhead, the PE cabin is rather small so anything like distance to Lavs should not create an issue. Got access to bulkhead via status but would even pay to reserve.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: Alaska MVP 100K
Tried searching, but couldn't find a quick answer - 12A or 24C better for a redeye? Or all the same? Thanks! LGACIC
Old Mar 28, 2022, 2:25 pm

PE middle bulkhead or aisle seat?

I just booked in PE on the 787-9 from PHL-LIS and am really hoping to get some sleep on this flight. There are only a few seats left - which do you think is better, the middle bulkhead seat (6E) or the back row middle-aísle (9D)?
Old Mar 28, 2022, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by cbogs
I just booked in PE on the 787-9 from PHL-LIS and am really hoping to get some sleep on this flight. There are only a few seats left - which do you think is better, the middle bulkhead seat (6E) or the back row middle-aísle (9D)?
I personally would go with middle seat in row 6. No one will disturb your sleep and you can easily get up and walk to lav without inconveniencing your neighbors.
cbogs likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by cbogs
How tall are you? I've found the leg rest in the bulk head seats doesn't fit my length well compared to the foot rests in all the rest of the rows. I'm 6'3.
cbogs likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 9:09 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hawkfan7314
How tall are you? I've found the leg rest in the bulk head seats doesn't fit my length well compared to the foot rests in all the rest of the rows. I'm 6'3.
As another fellow tall-enough-to-not-fit-in-an-airplane-seat person, I'd definitely go for row 6 if both are in the middle. After that, I'm cool with abandoning the foot rest and stretching out for a window seat, but only for a window seat so I have something more substantial to lean against.
cbogs likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 3:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Looking for advice on MCE seating on the 787-9. Row 12 is full, they've put us in 13. I'm thinking it might be better to go for row 24 for the exit row leg room?
2 people travelling together, so ideal would be a twin seat arrangement but don't think they have any of those..
Old Jan 6, 2023, 11:19 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
MCE on the 787-9

Hi,

I am due to travel in MCE on the 787-9 from LHR to ORD in a couple of weeks. I read that MCE includes complimentary beer, wine and snacks throughout the flight.

Are these available through self service in the galley or via the call button? Is this only available to MCE pax or to everyone in the main cabin too?

Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2023, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Saint4805
Hi,

I am due to travel in MCE on the 787-9 from LHR to ORD in a couple of weeks. I read that MCE includes complimentary beer, wine and snacks throughout the flight.

Are these available through self service in the galley or via the call button? Is this only available to MCE pax or to everyone in the main cabin too?

Thanks!
On trans-Atlantic flights on AA, all passengers in Economy get complimentary alcoholic beverages, snacks, and a meal:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...cabin-food.jsp

(Scroll down to "Long-distance international.")

I'm pretty sure that American carriers are not allowed to offer self-service alcoholic beverages.
Saint4805 and FLL88 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.