Community
Wiki Posts
Search

award seat

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

award seat

I have been searching for a business class award ticket (JRO-JFK) for August 2017 but no availability.

Has anyone been able to book an award ticket in August 2017?
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You have this same question a few days ago http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...rd-ticket.html Asking the same question again will not get QR award seat released

Have you looked for JRO-DOH and then DOH-JFK
Is this using QR points? Or AA miles as your other thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...aster-thd.html
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:30 pm

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
KatieBelle

Welcome to the QR FlyerTalk forum. You will find through browsing that it contains a wealth of information to answer many of the questions you may have about booking and flying with QR. There is a keyword search button at the top right hand side of all the threads which is very useful.

In your particular question - Aug 2017 is a long way in the future so QR may release more award space as time goes on, or even a very good value business sale in R class which can sometimes work out better value than spending your miles so you can save for something else. Keep checking and see what opens up in terms of seats and sales. But it's a long way in the future - be patient.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Katiebelle
I have been searching for a business class award ticket (JRO-JFK) for August 2017 but no availability.

Has anyone been able to book an award ticket in August 2017?
Did you try different days of the week?

In the not too distant past, QR business class award availability to/from the USA at 330ish days out was available on Mon-Thu departures only, never on Fri-Sun.

Also, QR can give false ("phantom") availability (or false unavailability?) if you search all the way through JRO-JFK or vice versa. You have to know that you're going to connect in DOH, and search JRO-DOH & DOH-JFK (and vice versa) separately.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 6:43 am

Programs: Qatar Plat
Get put on the upgrade wait list and cross your fingers.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:36 am

Since this is a question of using AA miles then as Mwenenzi has already pointed out:
As your question is about the use of AA miles the AA forum is the place for this question.
There is a dedicated thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...aster-thd.html
Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Also, QR can give false ("phantom") availability (or false unavailability?) if you search all the way through JRO-JFK or vice versa. You have to know that you're going to connect in DOH, and search JRO-DOH & DOH-JFK (and vice versa) separately.
In fact, it's the other way around. Agents must book the itinerary as a through connection, and there must be availability on a through journey basis.

If the seats are available individually but not as a through journey, the agent will not be able to book it. It's not as simple as booking one leg at a time. Once the agent grabs the first leg, the second leg cannot be added unless it is consistent with the connecting availability.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stargold
In fact, it's the other way around. Agents must book the itinerary as a through connection, and there must be availability on a through journey basis.

If the seats are available individually but not as a through journey, the agent will not be able to book it. It's not as simple as booking one leg at a time. Once the agent grabs the first leg, the second leg cannot be added unless it is consistent with the connecting availability.
I'm not sure what you mean by "agents". QR agents, AA agents, QF's website acting as an "agent"???

I did the search online. QF showed QR having LAX-DOH-JNB business class availability with the just-past-midnight departure on the second leg, but when I called up AA to book it they said that didn't exist, but (fortunately for me) there was actual availability on the just-past-sunrise departure on the second leg, and I booked that.

I was told in other forums that when you search QR through another oneworld website (such as QF or BA, including via www.awardnexus.com), it can claim business class availability on the second leg if it sees it on the first leg even if there is no business class availability on the second leg.

The OP is planning to use AA miles, just as I am, so I'm referring here to QR availability as seen at other oneworld airlines, not QR availability as seen within QR. (I'm not clear on which you were referring to.)
Old Oct 5, 2016, 12:06 am

I'm referring to the other airline agents who book redemption seats on QR.

Isn't QF website known for showing inconsistent premium class availability? I have found BA and CX websites to be more or less accurate in what is actually bookable. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.