Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New American Airlines Safety Video Released 22 Sep 2016

New American Airlines Safety Video Released 22 Sep 2016

Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
BAs is very very long, and unbelievably tedious as the participants think that they are being funny and clever and they are neither. I shall not discuss what I think about the cheering being removed as I think that I agree with others about the AA video, I am however, instantly caught by that infectious ticky- tocky beat which goes all over you like a rash, and I feel like getting up and sashaying down the aisle. I would even need a PDB. I think that it's actually quite a good video.

In my salad days I was a slave to love, now it is miles, points, and of course - the rhythm.
While I actually enjoy BA's safety video first time when they posted it to youtube, I haven't taken any BA flights since then. I thought BA would be like QF who cuts most of its long (and very very tedious and informal) safety video in actual flights.

Fun fact: all the background sound in AA's safety videos were recorded from actual airport/aircraft operations.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:25 pm

And I thought I was the only one who noticed.

I've never had a problem with the AA safety video. To me it somewhat successfully walks a fine line between formality (oxygen mask demo) and comedy (devices/smoking) without coming across as trying too hard (which the new BA one does).

I had the privilege of seeing this safety video once on a wet-leased Air Mauritius A340-300 that substituted for AirAsia X on KUL-STN back in 2009. I love the enthusiasm for the brace position and the glare from the F/A on the lifejacket demo. Bonus points if you can pick up the borderline stereotyping.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Has anyone actually had the safety demo video presenter as an FA on their flight?
I did last year on a flight to or from LAX/ORD with my family. She is super nice and friendly. One of the best FA’s I’ve encountered. It’s amazing how the FA can really set the tone for your flight. (Unrelated, but I had the worst FA ever from YYZ-ORD a couple days ago...and it soured the whole flight.)
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by Fraser
I actually don't mind the video...I've seen it maybe 4 times more than BA's new comedy routine (which has been around for a lot less time) and the latter annoys me far more. I think AA's is quite cleverly done and do try to spot the camera operators in the mirrors when everything switches around...

If I told you it was, "First things first, let's buckle those belts" would you be able to stand it more?
I always thought it should be "First things first, let's swing those arms!"
Old Jun 17, 2018, 10:12 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I hereby nominate this thread for the "contains absolutely no useful AA nor AAdvantage information at all" award.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat/4mm miles, Starwood, HiltonHonors
The recent depressurization of an SWA flight revealed that many of those pax had no idea how to properly apply the O2 mask. Granted, most of SW's pax tend to be infrequent fliers, but in general it's likely that many would miss the nose in an in-flight emergency.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Danwriter
The recent depressurization of an SWA flight revealed that many of those pax had no idea how to properly apply the O2 mask. Granted, most of SW's pax tend to be infrequent fliers, but in general it's likely that many would miss the nose in an in-flight emergency.
From what I have heard reported, I o not think that it is just the SWA passengers that have no good sense in an emergency

Consider the number of muppets that think that an emergency is a good time to start taking videos on mobile phones or getting bags out of the racks when evacuating - and not just on low cost carriers
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I hereby nominate this thread for the "contains absolutely no useful AA nor AAdvantage information at all" award.
why I love FT.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
From what I have heard reported, I o not think that it is just the SWA passengers that have no good sense in an emergency

Consider the number of muppets that think that an emergency is a good time to start taking videos on mobile phones or getting bags out of the racks when evacuating - and not just on low cost carriers
as I posted on the DYKWIA thread, I saw a pax make a scene for an aborted takeoff due to loss of an engine.

when stuff goes sideways, common sense rapidly goes out the window.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
AA safety Video

Is it just me, or do you find the safety video just annoying..
Having flown a mix of BA and AA this year, at least the BA video can make you laugh
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:14 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
The AA videos are fine - although I find it odd that the FA jumps onto the slide with her heels still on...

Saw the Chabuddy G videos for the first time on my LHR to Europe segments. Mildly amusing.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I found it annoying for the first 10-20 times I saw it. Now I just tune it out. Which probably isn’t the best thing for a safety video. AA needs to change it up every so often so people will pay more attention.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:41 am

The BA 'comedy' versions are so awful, I would much prefer to watch the AA one every time. At least AA has the decency to adapt the video for the specific aircraft type, which BA is too lazy/incompetent/cheap to do.
gordon0808, wrp96, FAA1996 and 2 others like this.
Old May 12, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
How does AA pick the employees on its in-flight screens and safety video?

AA certainly has a photogenic group of people on its in-flight screens (which just show smiling employees when the screens aren’t showing a safety video), and the young lady who does the safety video comes across well.

Curious how these people were selected and what their roles are at AA?

I read an article about the lady who does the safety video and she’s apparently a Chicago-based FA who now does more than being a flight attendant, but how about the others?
Old May 12, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
AA certainly has a photogenic group of people on its in-flight screens (which just show smiling employees when the screens aren’t showing a safety video), and the young lady who does the safety video comes across well.

Curious how these people were selected and what their roles are at AA?

I read an article about the lady who does the safety video and she’s apparently a Chicago-based FA who now does more than being a flight attendant, but how about the others?
It’s based on a pool of attendants who get the most Barclays in-flight applications submitted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.