Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New American Airlines Safety Video Released 22 Sep 2016

New American Airlines Safety Video Released 22 Sep 2016

Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: AA: Platinum
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Thanks for posting the video. I must admit as a TV/film producer, I analyzed the logistics involved in shooting each sequence and marvelled at the challenge that was met by all involved. Now I have a bit more knowledge to assess things when I watch it again on my flight next month.
The short video post on YouTube (mentioned above) regarding the filming of the AA safety video is very interesting with comments from the director, employees in the video, etc.

Last edited by home222; Sep 28, 2017 at 10:54 am
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Cheering Gone from the End of the Safety Video

I'm on a 787 going from BCN -> ORD right now, did anyone else notice that the cheering is gone from the end of the safety video after the flight attendant says "Because great is what we're going for"? I wonder if it's abbrivated because they have to show the video in both English and Spanish.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by donotblink
I'm on a 787 going from BCN -> ORD right now, did anyone else notice that the cheering is gone from the end of the safety video after the flight attendant says "Because great is what we're going for"? I wonder if it's abbrivated because they have to show the video in both English and Spanish.
Yep it's been gone for a few months now, thankfully.

https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....-video-change/
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Perhaps this should be filled under what's the least substantive thing you can complain about, but I liked the cheering, I think it deminstrated that these actual FAs/not paid actors, liked working for American and we're going for great service.

I'm surprised that it was taken away a few months ago, and that in the dozens of flights I've taken since then, I hadn't noticed.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
I just wish there was a way to mute the video if you already heard and understood it in English. OR all the announcements that are then done in a foreign language. But that belongs in "Least substantiative thing I can complain about" thread.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yep it's been gone for a few months now, thankfully.

https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....-video-change/
I like the comments on the article, there is nothing to cheer about at AA right now.

We can add it back in after Doug Parker leaves.
mrow, SFO777, ExpatExp and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
I laughed out loud when I found out the solution to the problem was muting 15 seconds of a video instead of .... I don't know like actually going for great. I work in marketing, and it would have been really easy to swap out the cheering for an apology video snippet based on the issue in the event of a delay. Also, they could you know, give out snacks or free alcoholic beverages, but no, just mute part of a video problem solved LOL.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:46 am

I watch the old safety video on YouTube on my iPad while this one,I don’t like, is playing.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
The Going for Great part really seems like they're trolling us as of late.

Much like the sibling bullying "Why are you hitting yourself" ..
Gig103 and thunderlounge like this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Thankful for the muting, that's for sure.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Yep, there was definitely no cheering on my JFK-BCN-JFK flights

But yea, the safety video first played in English, and then an abbreviated one played in Spanish. I can't remember if there were subtitles in Catalan, but every automated video/announcement got a bit annoying in 3 languages:

"Welcome aboard American Airlines, please place your carry-on..." then "Bienvenidos a bordo de American Airlines...". Then the same announcement in English again, then Catalan.

Same for the fasten seatbelt one. Yes, I know we have a thread for pathetic complaints
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by jungly
Where are you guys flying from that there's a spanish version? I'm curious how many versions there are.
Dozens, I'm frequently on flights to/from Shanghai where they have Mandarin versions loaded, on flights to Hong Kong they have Cantonese, flights to Paris they have French, flights to MXP have Italian, flights to Tokyo have Japanese, etc. I think there may be over 100 variants of the safety video because they also are slightly different for each type of aircraft.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by donotblink

Dozens, I'm frequently on flights to/from Shanghai where they have Mandarin versions loaded, on flights to Hong Kong they have Cantonese, flights to Paris they have French, flights to MXP have Italian, flights to Tokyo have Japanese, etc. I think there may be over 100 variants of the safety video because they also are slightly different for each type of aircraft.
theres 2 main video pieces. English and other. Both versions swap in different cut parts depending on the aircraft type such as the escape slides and "if you are seated in a premium cabin and your seat has a shoulder belt etc"

the other version is identical except it was re shot with no talking. The lead FA doing the demo goes through her motions without talking. The sound track is in various languages, depending on destination.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What bugs me is the part with the oxygen masks " the yellow cup goes over your mouth like so".. the like so part has always driven me nuts. Such an odd way to phrase it
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"Like so" is a fairly common phrasing when demonstrating something

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.