Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New American Airlines Safety Video Released 22 Sep 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New American Airlines Safety Video Released 22 Sep 2016

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Looks like they got a deal on used mirrors from the studio that produced "A Flock of Seagulls" music video "I Ran"
Old Oct 12, 2016, 6:05 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I saw this last week and my wife and I laughed about it. I loved the spacing between rows of seats that made it hard for them to put stuff in the seat back pocket. We both agreed that it reminded us of a Virgin America safety video from a few years back.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 6:36 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
At the end, I couldn't tell it was a fashion show video or safety video--too many FAs walking in zig-zag patterns.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
It's Tron Legacy. See the scene when the hero is fitted for the games by the four computer babes. Loved the film, love the safety video, BTW.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 12:26 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Saw the video for the first time today on EWR-CLT.

Probably one of the most god-awful safety videos, only after VS's and the new UA ones.

I recognize that I may be in the minority, but safety videos aren't suppose to entertain. They are there to inform. I see this as a way to get rid of the old AA branding in the old video.

I really wish a US carrier made a cartoon video. I absolutely love BA's. It's serious and straight to the point, but presents the video as cartoon and "tells a story" in a way.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 5:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CLT
Saw the video for the first time today on EWR-CLT.

Probably one of the most god-awful safety videos, only after VS's and the new UA ones.

I recognize that I may be in the minority, but safety videos aren't suppose to entertain. They are there to inform.
Couldn't agree more. I've only been subjected to it once so far, but that was enough to realize that it is hideous. I found myself actively trying to tune it out: hardly the response one wants the safety video to incite.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
I think AA should reach out to each of the 161 pax on AA383 and ask them if they felt the new safety video helped or hurt them in their evacuation of the 767.

Granted, this is not a perfect sample as the 767's do not have in-seat IFE...
Old Nov 2, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
THIS is how you create an effective, creative safety video:

Big kudos to TK! This is one of the best I've seen. I actually wanted to keep watching it.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 10:01 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
IMHO the video =yawn = boring
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:30 am

I find it funny that many of the FAs end the video short before all the clapping and cheering begins. That part is really annoying. I don't know what they were thinking keeping it in there because it gets significantly louder at that point.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by masamune
I find it funny that many of the FAs end the video short before all the clapping and cheering begins. That part is really annoying. I don't know what they were thinking keeping it in there because it gets significantly louder at that point.
This is one of the reasons the LUS planes are really growing on me, with their quick and to-the-point manual safety demos.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott PLT, SPG PLT, AA EXP, Virgin Elevate
This has to be the one of the most annoying, cold, stale videos.
After seeing this several times now I find the girl highly obnoxious and robot like.

Originally Posted by masamune
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Yup, couldn't agree more. While I was a big fan of the old pmAA safety video, especially the one that featured baggage handlers, et al, this one is just way too blasé for my tastes and totally puts me to sleep.

Last edited by UAPremierGuy; Jan 25, 2017 at 6:08 am
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Am I weird? Maybe I haven't seen it enough, and I admit some other airlines have better ones, but I actually enjoy it .
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:19 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hbtr
Am I weird? . . . but I actually enjoy it .
I can't say I know whether I actually like it, but I have to admit that I've watched bits of it, and it holds my attention longer than any other AA/US/HP safety video I recall.

That is the point, after all. So good for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.