Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New American Airlines Safety Video Released 22 Sep 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New American Airlines Safety Video Released 22 Sep 2016

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
They snuck in the "Deltalina finger-wag" in the no smoking part!

Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by remedy
They snuck in the "Deltalina finger-wag" in the no smoking part!

For a sec I thought I was in the Delta forum
Old Sep 23, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
Indeed. Delta likes to release a safety video practically on a daily basis.

They announced their latest video game at the same time with Biscotti references. There is no letting up in competition.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1792589-legends-safety-new-safety-video.html

Rasheed
Old Sep 23, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I think it's a little long, and a little boring. The music is pretty uninspiring, and it doesn't feel like you're going somewhere, like the old video did. Oh well.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2MM+, Marriott PLT, UA, National Exec
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
I think it's a little long, .......
+1. over 4 minutes is way too long, IMO.

Cheers.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 9:06 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Still had the old video on AA 20 yesterday.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 9:55 am

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
Interesting "making of" going around their Facebook page.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 10:46 am

I wish I thought a lot of "bored" passengers who might seriously hinder any actual emergency procedures were actually paying attention to it.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I feel it's really stale and boring. I lost interest about a minute into it. I like the old one better, even though I have seen it thousands of times, it really made you feel like you were packing up, getting ready for take off, going on a journey!

Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
I think it's a little long, and a little boring. The music is pretty uninspiring, and it doesn't feel like you're going somewhere, like the old video did. Oh well.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL Plat
I love her voice, it's just not the voice I would have chosen for a safety video.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
Haha, they definitely seem to have taken a few of the DL oddities. They also appear to have recycled the set of the VX safety video.

I don't really understand the point of these long intricate and often confusing safety videos. For example, no part of this video even came close to taking place on an aircraft. Hit the important points, make it quick and clear, and stop trying to make it cute and entertaining. The reality is that no one pays attention to it anyway, no matter how appealing they try to make it.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 5:31 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, DL UA
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
I found her voice to be downright monotonous. Felt like they were trying too hard to be modern and fresh.
I have to agree! This video is about as bad as their new commercial. It certainly doesn't represent a "global" airline.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Good, except for the long intro as noted. And the multi-armed exit-light waving was a silly distraction implying significance where there apparently is none.

I wonder if the aircraft-specific bit in the middle will be tailored to each craft? That would be a great improvement.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by danohio
As well, the final mirror shot you can see the camera and crew in it. It doesn't hurt anything but usually you try and avoid things like that in videos.
Im 100% sure that was intentional. The director also runs into the celebration shot.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Good, except for the long intro as noted. And the multi-armed exit-light waving was a silly distraction implying significance where there apparently is none.

I wonder if the aircraft-specific bit in the middle will be tailored to each craft? That would be a great improvement.
I am pretty sure they will have a different craft specific section (the flipping charts) for each plane. Whether they filmed it or use CGI, I am not sure.

I also saw a seat belt example containing the shoulder belt, so that part should show up when a craft has that type of belt.

Rasheed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.