Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New American Airlines Safety Video Released 22 Sep 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New American Airlines Safety Video Released 22 Sep 2016

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Awhile back a then LUS FA was chosen to show off the new AA uniforms (the ones that apparently cause a rash) to LUS FAs. He was going on a "road show" to do so. He was young and good looking. I believe they all are FAs but as noted are getting picked for their youth and good looks. OT but have you noticed lately a variation of uniforms. Last week 2 FAs in the blue uniform, one in a gray uniform (not sure where that one came from) and one in the old LUS track suite style uniform.
due to the collosal cluster by AA with the uniforms, FAs are wearing their old stuff still. I believe that's the agreement they came to with AA until AA replaces the uniforms with proper ones.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 3:57 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It may soon be time to say “goodbye” to Tara Martin and the safety video released in September 2016. Following the release of new uniforms Monday, March 2, 2020, a new safety video will be released approximately 1 May 2020.

For looks at the current safety video and a mini-documentary about the making of the video, see http://news.aa.com/american-stories/...o/default.aspx
robertablake likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by JDiver
It may soon be time to say “goodbye” to Tara Martin and the safety video released in September 2016. Following the release of new uniforms Monday, March 2, 2020, a new safety video will be released approximately 1 May 2020.
I actually enjoyed that video when it first came out, but have grown wary of it having seen it hundreds of time. I am looking forward to an new one.
JDiver and LovePrunes like this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by robertablake
I actually enjoyed that video when it first came out, but have grown wary of it having seen it hundreds of time. I am looking forward to an new one.
It was nice in the sense that if you have to have one, at least have one that's different. But I'm sick of it and wondered the exact same thing about the uniforms now being a mismatch with those in the video.
Hopefully the ending won't be filled with hollering and high-fiving at the end like the current one was for awhile.
robertablake likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
My favorite to date is the ANA kabuki video. It's pretty entertaining. Hopefully AA can make a creative video like this one.

robertablake likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by robertablake
The phrase "slip the yellow cup over your nose and mouth like so" has always bothered me. "Like so" is an awkward way of phrasing things.
lbbzman likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 9:11 pm

On the note of uniforms, I wanted to ask if anybody noticed a little pep in the step of some of the employees wearing the new uniforms? I am excited to wear mine tomorrow, and being actually in "uniform" with my crew.​​​​​​
Old Mar 2, 2020, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by skylady
On the note of uniforms, I wanted to ask if anybody noticed a little pep in the step of some of the employees wearing the new uniforms? I am excited to wear mine tomorrow, and being actually in "uniform" with my crew.​​​​​​
We're swapping now. AA flight crew is finally going to get new uniforms and a unified look, while over at the widget it's back to the old stuff for many while others are still wearing the purple Lands End. New ones are apparently being designed, but who knows when that's going to happen though,
Old Mar 2, 2020, 10:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The new uniforms debuted today. Discussion in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ch-2020-a.html
Old Mar 3, 2020, 3:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by Antarius
The phrase "slip the yellow cup over your nose and mouth like so" has always bothered me. "Like so" is an awkward way of phrasing things.
Were you an English major in college?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 4:10 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
American Way

It’s been almost a year since American Way was retired, yet it’s still referenced in this annoyingly tired video. When do you think AA will spend a couple of bucks to update it?
robertablake likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 8:11 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by uxb
It’s been almost a year since American Way was retired, yet it’s still referenced in this annoyingly tired video. When do you think AA will spend a couple of bucks to update it?
Oh, you were on an AA aircraft that actually had videos? Isn't that fancy!
cmd320 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 9:39 am
uxb

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Oh, you were on an AA aircraft that actually had videos? Isn't that fancy!
Well, it is the A321T, so if you consider that fancy…
Old Apr 9, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by uxb
they did shoot an update for it and even rolled it out for a few days. It was during the hight of the pandemic and had a lot of massless people close together so they “temporarily” pulled it and haven’t brought it back.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:40 am
uxb

Originally Posted by donotblink
they did shoot an update for it and even rolled it out for a few days. It was during the hight of the pandemic and had a lot of massless people close together so they “temporarily” pulled it and haven’t brought it back.
Classic American.
cmd320 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.