Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Print Itinerary and Receipt, & How do I find ticket number?

Old Oct 4, 2016, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Printing Receipts and Obtaining Ticket Numbers

Ticket numbers for AA begin with "001" and are found in your emailed e-ticket and in your printed receipt. You may find it difficult to find it on Awards. One easy way to get your ticket number if your PNR is current is to Direct Message @AmericanAir on Twitter.

These can be used to check ticket status or request refunds on https://prefunds.aa.com/refunds/.

For awards you will not see the print receipt option in your PNR. For most other ticketed trips booked on AA.com, or using AA, you will see the option toward the bottom of the PNR.

LukasVIE has found a nice workaround:

Originally Posted by LukasVIE
(paraphrased for more general use)

Here is how you will get your e-ticket number:

1.Open your award reservation on AA.com

2.Copy and paste this link in a new tab (or current tab) in your browser (do it with right click as Flyertalk truncates hyperlinks)
https://www.aa.com/reservation/print...raryReceipt.do

3. Press enter and execute the link. You should see a receipt with e-ticket number.
Or use this link following instructions above.

And:

Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
For AA bookings with interline segments, accessing/e-mailing the e-ticket receipt through Amadeus might be a good option. With the Amadeus record locator, the following sites will print the current AA receipt (arguably in a better format than AA itself provides:

http://www.amadeus.com.tw/eitr/default.aspx (Chinese language site, enter PNR in first box, last name in second box, etkt pops up moments after clicking go)

http://eticket.qatarairways.com/eTic...rentrypage.jsf (click the schedule change box before hitting process ticket)

Your ticket number can be found on your credit card bill. Just look at your credit card billing on line after the ticket status is "Ticketed". It's a 13-digit number starting with 001 for AA.
Print Wikipost

Print Itinerary and Receipt, & How do I find ticket number?

Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:04 pm

Unfortunately that email is the only place to find the ticket number. There used to be a workaround on flyertalk using a web address. Didn’t work for me but it may work for you. Search the forums and you may find it.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
You can always pull up the receipt with ticket number on this site: http://prefunds.aa.com
Just click on Request a Receipt. If you do not have the e-ticket number, you will need to call AA to obtain it.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ESpen36
You can always pull up the receipt with ticket number on this site: http://prefunds.aa.com
Just click on Request a Receipt. If you do not have the e-ticket number, you will need to call AA to obtain it.
"Prefunds" generates a rather terse error. E.g. error.

The link in other posts to open the reservation receipt page generates an error that says their system is not working.

I suppose with a record locator, credit card charge, points deduction and e-mail with a ticket number that's all I am going to get.

Received a tweet (DM) that says " The confirmation email should have a ticket number. Would you like us to resend the email?" so I guess the e-mail is the only "document" there is.

Last edited by ricktoronto; Nov 23, 2018 at 12:24 pm
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:59 pm

Your credit card statement may show the ticket number in the transaction listing.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 1:26 pm

I got an alert from the credit card issuer and it shows the locator code vs. the ticket number. It is possible when it posts to the credit card there will be an e-ticket number which I recall was the norm (and still is for say CX).

AA DM'd me back on Twitter and said the reservation/locator/ticket details I provided are all valid and they seemed unaware that the ability to view or print, for an award, the receipt/ticket under my trips.

To reply #5 , I did get the ticket number in the e-mail, what I can't get is the ability to go online and print an e-ticket or receipt.

I doubt the reply from AA translates into we'll get right on it and change it (ho ho, as if), but the reservation is good to go so that's all that matters.

Frankly I recall on purchased or award travel you were lucky to get a ticketed reservation within 2-3 days unless the flight was before that, so I guess I should be impressed with the fact the e-mail with e-ticket number arrived an hour after the booking.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
No need to go through these contortions.

It isn't hidden at all and is on the ticket receipt which you can easily pull up from your "Upcoming Trips" and scrolling down to "Print ticket and Receipt" under "Helpful Links". If you click on that link, you will be presented with your e-ticket receipt which shows your name and e-ticket number in the "receipt" section at the bottom of the page.

Takes about 30 seconds.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
Unfortunately that email is the only place to find the ticket number. There used to be a workaround on flyertalk using a web address. Didn’t work for me but it may work for you. Search the forums and you may find it.
Still works for me: Print Itinerary and Receipt, & How do I find ticket number?
Often1 likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
No need to go through these contortions.

It isn't hidden at all and is on the ticket receipt which you can easily pull up from your "Upcoming Trips" and scrolling down to "Print ticket and Receipt" under "Helpful Links". If you click on that link, you will be presented with your e-ticket receipt which shows your name and e-ticket number in the "receipt" section at the bottom of the page.

Takes about 30 seconds.
Really, on an award? AA support agrees it is not there and this image proves their point.

Also this 164 post thread says it's all kaput for awards even though they have e-tickets and even though you pay money in part. Print Itinerary and Receipt, & How do I find ticket number?

An e-mail titled confirmation, with the Record Locator and the ticket number and payment is sent and after a chit chat with AA on Twitter that's all she wrote, they said. This is an issue going back to 2016 so my suggesting to them that all tickets should be available from "My Trips" is unlikely to foster change.

Last edited by ricktoronto; Nov 23, 2018 at 4:52 pm
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:08 pm

Receipt Questions for AA

I have some AA gift cards that I need to use. How will those show up on a receipt? Does anyone have experience with this? Can I get a receipt that just shows the entire amount paid vs each individual gift card used? Reason being as you might have guessed is that I don't fly a lot but have to travel for work so it would be great to use these towards a work flight in which case I'd need a receipt to turn in to get reimbursed. Before the ethics police come, the flight is costing the company the same amount no matter what. Whether I use the gift cards or not, the company is out the same amount out of pocket.

Similar question, I took a bump on a flight and got some AA credit about a year ago which I would also like to use. Any idea how that shows up? If anyone has experience with this or screenshots of their receipts (with personal details blocked out) from doing so, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you, and I did try to find this information before posting.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA-Plat
I believe that gift cards and eVouchers are treated the same way. Your receipt will show the entire amount of the ticket. It does not break out the amount applied by eVoucher and credit card. Just as a point of reference, eVouchers cannot be used for upgraded seat selections (i.e., MCE). They will be charged separately to your credit card and you will receive an additional receipt.

Last edited by hawaii-bound; Apr 21, 2019 at 11:58 am Reason: PDF removed
Old Apr 21, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75k, AAdvantage Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by hawaii-bound
I believe that gift cards and eVouchers are treated the same way. Your receipt will show the entire amount of the ticket. It does not break out the amount applied by eVoucher and credit card. Just as a point of reference, eVouchers cannot be used for upgraded seat selections (i.e., MCE). They will be charged separately to your credit card and you will receive an additional receipt.
You may want to delete that attachment - the redacted text is still in the PDF.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Ouch. pdf editor is pretty powerful.
Old May 30, 2019, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Finding ticket numbers online **bit of a rant**

Did a search but did not come up with anything, so I pose the question here:

It's been a month or two since I made a booking on aa.com but did an award booking last night. The booking shows "ticketed" but in the confirmation email and every possible spot I can find the booking online, there is no ticket number. (I know I can call AA, and likely will have to.) Nor can I generate the usual itinerary version that has the horizontal bar code up in the upper right corner. I need a paper version of my itineraries and the new formatting is horrendous for getting everything onto a single printed page.

Has there been a major change to online/email formatting? I detest the "upgrading" AA put into place early last year, but things seem to be getting worse.
Old May 30, 2019, 10:16 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As advised in the Wikipost at the top of the page, Twitter is probably the easiest way to get your ticket number. On awards AA doesn’t show a ticket number, unfortunately.
Old May 30, 2019, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by JDiver
As advised in the Wikipost at the top of the page, Twitter is probably the easiest way to get your ticket number. On awards AA doesn’t show a ticket number, unfortunately.
Thank you for the redirection, though nothing seems to work, as you and others note, for an award ticket...though in the past I've always had ticket numbers showing on award itinerary printouts and email confirmations.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.