Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Print Itinerary and Receipt, & How do I find ticket number?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2016, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Printing Receipts and Obtaining Ticket Numbers

Ticket numbers for AA begin with "001" and are found in your emailed e-ticket and in your printed receipt. You may find it difficult to find it on Awards. One easy way to get your ticket number if your PNR is current is to Direct Message @AmericanAir on Twitter.

These can be used to check ticket status or request refunds on https://prefunds.aa.com/refunds/.

For awards you will not see the print receipt option in your PNR. For most other ticketed trips booked on AA.com, or using AA, you will see the option toward the bottom of the PNR.

LukasVIE has found a nice workaround:

Originally Posted by LukasVIE
(paraphrased for more general use)

Here is how you will get your e-ticket number:

1.Open your award reservation on AA.com

2.Copy and paste this link in a new tab (or current tab) in your browser (do it with right click as Flyertalk truncates hyperlinks)
https://www.aa.com/reservation/print...raryReceipt.do

3. Press enter and execute the link. You should see a receipt with e-ticket number.
Or use this link following instructions above.

And:

Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
For AA bookings with interline segments, accessing/e-mailing the e-ticket receipt through Amadeus might be a good option. With the Amadeus record locator, the following sites will print the current AA receipt (arguably in a better format than AA itself provides:

http://www.amadeus.com.tw/eitr/default.aspx (Chinese language site, enter PNR in first box, last name in second box, etkt pops up moments after clicking go)

http://eticket.qatarairways.com/eTic...rentrypage.jsf (click the schedule change box before hitting process ticket)

Your ticket number can be found on your credit card bill. Just look at your credit card billing on line after the ticket status is "Ticketed". It's a 13-digit number starting with 001 for AA.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2016, 10:31 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bnw2005
I recently booked some flights on American and have noticed that while the email and my account on American show the flights as ticketed I do not have the email that shows the actual ticket number. I think in the past I have received an email with ticket numbers. My understanding that having the ticket numbers can be important if there are issues with the reservation. What is other experience and how does one get the ticket numbers from American.
"Print Trip & Receipt" from the reservation details screen. (bottom of the screen)
Old Oct 11, 2016, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JDiver
Thank you for that, LukasVIE!
+1
Great work around! ^
Old Oct 11, 2016, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by bnw2005
What is other experience and how does one get the ticket numbers from American.
See my message #57 in this thread. I copied the magic link into my bookmarks.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Put in this link with your award reservation open
Very, very useful. Thanks!
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
AA.com no longer showing award ticket receipt is a big problem

I know there is a thread that mentions that some ticket receipts no longer show on AA.com - but I think this is significant enough to have its own thread.

Issue - traveled on a PNR reward with 2 people with two rewards:

- QF domestic to Asia, then Asia to USA.
- Ticket was booked 11 months in advance and reissued 4 months later due to schedule changes.

BUT one of us could not check in at QF domestic, since QF said there was no ticket for the second passenger.

- Had to go to a QF ticket agent and agent knew we had one passenger with missing ticket (I asked why didn't you call - said not QF responsibility)
- QF said you would have to call AA to resolve and pay for the ticket.
- But I knew miles had been taken out for both tickets and taxes paid for both. AA.com doesn't allow you to see statements 11 months back.

Called AA and was on the phone for 1.5 hours. AA was able to go through the record and resolve that miles and taxes had been paid for the second ticket. But during reissue - AA had not reissued the second ticket.

- Issue was resolved

BUT - all this could have been avoided if AA allowed you to see your ticket receipt online - then you could see if both passengers had a ticket number on the ticket line of the receipt and if one was missing.

CONCLUSION:

For tickets will no receipt showing, I would call AA a day or two before departure to get your ticket numbers for all passengers in the PNR.

I would even call AA say once a month in advance to confirm ticket numbers.

I would call for all segments that are not connecting.

Why does AA mask ticket receipt?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Cova, didn't you receive an emailed receipt with the ticket number(s) and also showing the amount of taxes, etc., along with form of payment? I always do on award redemptions.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Cova, didn't you receive an emailed receipt with the ticket number(s) and also showing the amount of taxes, etc., along with form of payment? I always do on award redemptions.
So long ago I don't remember, I will need to go back through emails 10 months ago and review I get emails when I buy a ticket.

The issue is - why doesn't AA.com show the ticket receipt for rewards?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:08 pm

I even see my post back in October, where I was trying to print my receipts and could not. If displayed this could have avoided the major inconvenience I had.

Nevertheless - I will be calling frequently in the future for any rewards to reconfirm ticket numbers. This is just going to tie up EXP agents until AA fixes this.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:13 pm

Put in this link with your award reservation open and it should pull up the receipt page:
Yes this link works. I should have referred back to this thread.

This Thread link should be put on a wiki or sticky.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 6:06 pm

I've seen and read some great stuff on FT, but this at the top of very cool.

AA Internet support had no clue. Googled FT while on hold. Took seconds to retrieve the ticket number.

Thank you. Amazing.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 3:26 am

Put in this link with your award reservation open and it should pull up the receipt page:
thanks, it does work!

Last edited by liveinsydney; Jan 21, 2017 at 3:44 am Reason: wrong info
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by HNL
"Print Trip & Receipt" from the reservation details screen. (bottom of the screen)
Unfortunately it does NOT work now. Anyone have any new method of printing an old airfare receipt?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by david_in_boston
Unfortunately it does NOT work now. Anyone have any new method of printing an old airfare receipt?
Still works for me. Pull up your reservation on AA.com and then Click this. It sometimes take a few minutes after ticketing for the ticket number to appear.

Welcome to FT!
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:10 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by HNL
Tried the link but AA came up with "page has taken flight " !!
There is a provision on the reservation page to print the trip but no provision to print or find the receipt and or eticket numbers.
Trying to find what used to be simple is no hugely difficult!!!...another enhancement !!

Last edited by pyffii; Apr 8, 2017 at 12:22 am
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:09 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by pyffii
Tried the link but AA came up with "page has taken flight " !!
There is a provision on the reservation page to print the trip but no provision to print or find the receipt and or eticket numbers.
Trying to find what used to be simple is no hugely difficult!!!...another enhancement !!
Paid ticket or award. I've been burning miles lately and can't find a ticket number on Aa.com. Only place is the original ticket email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.