Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX-HKG 777-300ER / 77W discussion, issues, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA LAX-HKG 777-300ER / 77W discussion, issues, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JBauer
good news is we took off on time and landed on time.

Bad news broken IFE in J with stickers on them saying inoperable.

Also got an email from AA saying bags were delayed and on a later flight. But bags arrived fine.

Gotta love AA
Glad it worked out for you. This particular flight sure seems to be a crap shoot.

Regards
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by JBauer
good news is we took off on time and landed on time.

Bad news broken IFE in J with stickers on them saying inoperable.

Also got an email from AA saying bags were delayed and on a later flight. But bags arrived fine.

Gotta love AA
Definitely send an online complaint note to AA about the broken IFE, they will throw a few miles your way.
Nile_US likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
It was Monday evening feb 11

got 10k miles and $150.
rumboj and Nile_US like this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT, United Silver
I had the same issue and received 20k miles but $0
Nile_US likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat, MPC Silver, IHG Platinum
We took off a little late on Thursday (initially got an email saying the flight has been delayed by ~4 hrs but then got another email saying we are back on schedule). Reached on time. The flight was packed.

By the way, I didn't realize this, my ticket cost (divide by 2 for onward segment) is exactly what I got as EQD and more surprisingly, the award miles are are essentially calculated based on the ticket cost. While, I got base miles are actual miles flown. Here is why I am a little surprised:

I had a double miles promotion, I paid about same what I pay cathay every time I fly this route (about 10 trips in last 11 months); With double miles and the bonus for platinum I got less miles that I get when I fly cathay and bank it on AA. Not to mention I lost almost half of EQD. (I get ~$1400 for LAX-HKG for premium segment and I got $700 on AA!)

Never thought doubles miles promotion would mean so much loss. Oh well, live and learn!
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Daniel Solis
I had the same issue and received 20k miles but $0
Got 15k and $0.

Plus, they double charged my upgrade and denied a refund request because one was a "co-pay" and one was a "reduced mileage award." Still trying to get them to explain their logic and refund.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
If I fly LAX-HKG as an explat, and I have a connecting flight on a non OW airline can I still use the lounge after I arrive?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by frebay
If I fly LAX-HKG as an explat, and I have a connecting flight on a non OW airline can I still use the lounge after I arrive?
No, you won't be able to. It won't hurt to ask, but prepare to be denied entry. The onward flight needs to be on a OW airline, according to the rules.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
I've been eying LAX-HKG on 3/9 on EF for upgrade availability, and as of yesterday there were tons availability in J, PE, and econ, but today everything got 0'd out, is this an early sign that the flight might be cancelled?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Looks like that may be the case... All dummy booking are directed to DFW's HKG flight, or over to CX's flights out of LAX and SFO and JL's flight to NRT...
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Looks like that may be the case... All dummy booking are directed to DFW's HKG flight, or over to CX's flights out of LAX and SFO and JL's flight to NRT...
don’t think that’s the case. The flight just looks sold out and there is only 1 unassigned seat in F and J. Have you gotten upgraded? If not it’s probably not lookin good...
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, Hilton-Diamond, UA-1K
Am flying on 3/18 in J and was hoping to upgrade to F using an SWU..Unfortunately, the AA site shows F as being unavailable. On the AA website, I noticed that the F cabin is listed as being unavailable on multiple days..is the demand for F that strong on this sector?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: AAEXP/Marriott Life Platinum
Leave on the 19th and you can get instant upgrade to first.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by ashwinbrao
Am flying on 3/18 in J and was hoping to upgrade to F using an SWU..Unfortunately, the AA site shows F as being unavailable. On the AA website, I noticed that the F cabin is listed as being unavailable on multiple days..is the demand for F that strong on this sector?
Sorry! I am guilty! I was able to get 4 F seats on the 18th and 6 for my return using SWU's for my family (booked in J upgraded to F). I booked this back in November.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by dukeman
Sorry! I am guilty! I was able to get 4 F seats on the 18th and 6 for my return using SWU's for my family (booked in J upgraded to F). I booked this back in November.
Cha-Ching.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.