Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX-HKG 777-300ER / 77W discussion, issues, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA LAX-HKG 777-300ER / 77W discussion, issues, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by Antarius
Thats why I am eyeing it.. my last hurrah on those SWUs too. haha. MCE is still half full (ish)

From what I have read the LAX-HKG route is better than the DFW one.
Will post my outcome next week as I'm on an outbound flight next week in the same situation. Will be returing the following week with much better odds the following week.

A few times I've checked on options from SFO, it was a confirmed upgrade at time if I opted to fly to DFW and stay the night. Noisy have to time it right in 2018 as I'm bound to be returning there at least five times this year.

Good Luck.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by TheSpruceMoose
Thanks! And yes, I do plan on checking out the Flagship Lounge ^
definitely you are going to regret if you do the flagship instead of QF F if you’re EXP. Maybe only exception is if you fly F then you might find the limited value offered by flagship dinning.

The lounge is completely rubbish compared with QF F lounge in TBIT imho
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:03 pm

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HypnoticSpecter

definitely you are going to regret if you do the flagship instead of QF F if you’re EXP. Maybe only exception is if you fly F then you might find the limited value offered by flagship dinning.

The QF F lounge attendant, when checking me in, dropped a line about the new flagship lounge and said it was nicely done and worth checking out (to be clear, he brought it up in a very polite and professional manner).

I politely nodded and agreed but I would find it hard to believe it can be beat QF F.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond

Except that they are, according to their profile, AA PLT..
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; AA EXP / 2MM Lifetime Platnum; Hyatt Diamond

But...
But...
But ...
Lucky at One Mile at a time said the flagship dining was winner winner chicken dinner!

LAX Showdown: American Flagship First Dining Vs. Qantas First Class Lounge - One Mile at a Time

I'll be checking out the new flagship dining next week and give my 2 cents worth
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
As EXP not flying AA 3 class F, better to use QF F lounge as it has superior food and better ambience of being a F lounge. Once drop down to PLT or PRO, then AA Flagship may be worth checking out, but even then, still have OW J lounge which is quite decent too.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by nanaflyer
But...
But...
But ...
Lucky at One Mile at a time said the flagship dining was winner winner chicken dinner!

LAX Showdown: American Flagship First Dining Vs. Qantas First Class Lounge - One Mile at a Time

I'll be checking out the new flagship dining next week and give my 2 cents worth
Not sure why Ben/Lucky/Precious thinks there has to be a "winner". Can't the lounges be different, each with its own unique characteristics?

Everyone should take the opportunity to check out the Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining and the Qantas F Lounge......then report back your experience and return to the lounge(s) you enjoyed. But, save the blue ribbon for the livestock barn at the state fair.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by jcatman
Not sure why Ben/Lucky/Precious thinks there has to be a "winner". Can't the lounges be different, each with its own unique characteristics?

Everyone should take the opportunity to check out the Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining and the Qantas F Lounge......then report back your experience and return to the lounge(s) you enjoyed. But, save the blue ribbon for the livestock barn at the state fair.
I rather thought Flagship Dining and the Flagship showers were fine for two hours to kill after HKG-LAX, and would do it again instead of adding extra time to and from TBIT. I’ve been to the QF F lounge as well. I’d probably pick based on where my flight was.

Neither LAX lounge space is as nice as CX HKG Pier F, but they’re both fine for what they are, and good lounges. The food at all three is pretty good.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Are they overbooking Y a lot on this route lately? I'm seeing quite a lot of flights that are J0-J4 but way more seats open in business. I know seat map doesn't exactly correlate to bookings, but it does seem like that might be going on.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hiima
My upgrade just recently got confirmed. My flight is 1/22-24 for mr and applied SWU a week or so ago
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc

Will post my outcome next week as I'm on an outbound flight next week in the same situation. Will be returing the following week with much better odds the following week.

A few times I've checked on options from SFO, it was a confirmed upgrade at time if I opted to fly to DFW and stay the night. Noisy have to time it right in 2018 as I'm bound to be returning there at least five times this year.

Good Luck.
Thank you.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by nanaflyer
But...
But...
But ...

flagship dining is pretty good, but flagship lounge is garbage compared to QF F.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by lightbulbs
Are they overbooking Y a lot on this route lately? I'm seeing quite a lot of flights that are J0-J4 but way more seats open in business. I know seat map doesn't exactly correlate to bookings, but it does seem like that might be going on.

Hahhaha... But am hoping that the case as well. Few J case seats available on my next week flight (LAX-HKG) flight according to the seat map despite ExpertFlyer info below: F1 A0 J0 R0 D0 I0 Y7 B0 H7 K7 M7 L7
G7 V7 S7 N7 Q7 O7 E7
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Not always; I've been in the QF lounge when there are several delayed flights and it is completely full, with lots of children running around. The AA lounge could be a welcome reprieve.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I wish QF F lounge would patrol the screaming kids at night a little better. It can definitely get out of hand.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Antarius
How easy are upgrades on this route (anyone with recent experience).

Eyeing LAX-HKG on Jan 24 and back Jan 29 . Both show C0 and J7. Any thoughts?
Cleared four SWUs on this route alone in January (all four of mine earned in 2016) . I'd say your chances are decent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.