Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX-HKG 777-300ER / 77W discussion, issues, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA LAX-HKG 777-300ER / 77W discussion, issues, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2016, 9:21 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, BA & UA Gold
Originally Posted by NomadNick
I just took AA 192 today and checked in about 7 hours prior with no issue. Used the bag locker in CX Pier Lounge for carryon and killed time shopping and lounge hopping.
Do the AA counters in HKG stay open after the DFW flight, and accept checkins for 192 anytime? Doing this in 2 weeks connecting from a morning MH72 and would like to get my luggage checked before heading to town.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Enhancements
Do the AA counters in HKG stay open after the DFW flight, and accept checkins for 192 anytime? Doing this in 2 weeks connecting from a morning MH72 and would like to get my luggage checked before heading to town.
The counter didn't open until about 430 in the afternoon for 192 when I was there a few weeks ago.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 6:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt
Originally Posted by NomadNick
I just took AA 192 today and checked in about 7 hours prior with no issue. Used the bag locker in CX Pier Lounge for carryon and killed time shopping and lounge hopping.
Where exactly did you check in 7 hours prior for the AA 192 flight? Was it at the AA counters servicing AA 137 DFW-HKG or some other counter?

Hmmm, I'm guessing that if I want to use the AA 137 checkin counters, I'd have to reach HKG airport by 9:40am, an hour before the departure of AA 137
Old Oct 31, 2016, 7:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt
Originally Posted by bunmango
The counter didn't open until about 430 in the afternoon for 192 when I was there a few weeks ago.
Thanks for the info!
Old Oct 31, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by madguy2
Where exactly did you check in 7 hours prior for the AA 192 flight? Was it at the AA counters servicing AA 137 DFW-HKG or some other counter?

Hmmm, I'm guessing that if I want to use the AA 137 checkin counters, I'd have to reach HKG airport by 9:40am, an hour before the departure of AA 137
If you use the Airport Express to eventually get to the airport, you can use their checkin services up to 24 hours in advance of your flight at either the Hong Kong or Kowloon stations (http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/se...m_checkin.html).
Old Oct 31, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS MVPG, WN CP
Originally Posted by madguy2

Just the AA Priority at Aisle E. Staff had no issue with check-in but even easier is teemuflyer's suggestion of just using the Airport Express check in.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 12:56 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Taking LAX-HKG-LAX Nov 20-28.

Two people but tickets purchased separately, about 6 weeks apart

My LAX-HKG cleared at booking.

Still waiting on my HKG-LAX and the other ticket to clear both.

31 seats unassigned in J LAX-HKG and 41 seats unassigned in J HKG-LAX.

This is an extremely light load in J for being less than three weeks out, no...??? (Yes, I realize unassigned seats don't mean much but you can still gauge light or heavy load at 20 days out if almost so often cabin is empty)

Last edited by 355F1; Nov 2, 2016 at 1:19 pm
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:19 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, BA & UA Gold
Yeah I saw a Q/I fare for HKG-(LAX)-SFO that was basically $1200 for the return leg in J. Low loads for thanksgiving perhaps.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: UA GS, TK Gold
Aa193 11/06/16 c1
Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:24 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Doing a turnaround this weekend and both SWU have cleared. Anyone flying this weekend?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP | Hilton Diamond | Marriott Gold | National Emerald | VX Silver
Am currently on standby for an upgrade on today's (11/4) flight AA193 from LAX.

The AC agent is telling me that my upgrade request, processed as an eVIP, does not take into consideration my current PLT status.
Therefore, according to her, those PLT members who do a miles+copay option for their upgrade are higher on the standby list.

Reading some other posts and blogs, I thought the type of upgrade requested didn't matter and were considered the same once on standby (ordered by your status).

Can anyone confirm?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by TheRealDJ

The AC agent is telling me that my upgrade request, processed as an eVIP, does not take into consideration my current PLT status.
Therefore, according to her, those PLT members who do a miles+copay option for their upgrade are higher on the standby list.

Reading some other posts and blogs, I thought the type of upgrade requested didn't matter and were considered the same once on standby (ordered by your status).

Can anyone confirm?
Yes, priority at airport is
EP using SWU
Miles+Copay based on flyer status
Gifted SWUs
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheRealDJ

That is the correct listing (not always done that way, but it's correct)-- a EP on a SWU is listed as VIP1, same priority as an EP using miles +co-pay (UPG1.)
A non-EP using as SWU is below all status levels using miles +co-pay.

So, when listed properly, a non-EP using an SWU is very low on the airport list.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC
That is the correct listing (not always done that way, but it's correct)-- a EP on a SWU is listed as VIP1, same priority as an EP using miles +co-pay (UPG1.)
A non-EP using as SWU is below all status levels using miles +co-pay.

So, when listed properly, a non-EP using an SWU is very low on the airport list.

What about an EP on standby with a companion in the record? Curious how the companion is treated if not cleared prior to arrival at the gate.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: AA EXP
Is an EP using a gifted SWU (from another EP) still treated as a VIP1?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.