Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX-HKG 777-300ER / 77W discussion, issues, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA LAX-HKG 777-300ER / 77W discussion, issues, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: AS MVP, IHG spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chenalex
192 delayed 14 hrs. What's going on?
AA125 diverted to ICN
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by wei3027
AA125 diverted to ICN
Hearing it ran out of fuel....
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG/Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Wow. first my flight 193 on Christmas day was cancelled. Now I have a 14hr delay on 192 bc the inbound plane almost ran out of fuel. Earlier today, I was on CX 690 which was delayed for almost two hours. Apparently the Scoot flight that took me to Singapore has been the most reliable one so far! Lol
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
wow that's crazy... winds?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by no1cub17
wow that's crazy... winds?
Unsure, just saw a video from on the ground in ICN and heard it ran out of fuel
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Unsure, just saw a video from on the ground in ICN and heard it ran out of fuel
Here's to hoping they didn't run out of fuel, but rather ran low on fuel
no1cub17 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Here's to hoping they didn't run out of fuel, but rather ran low on fuel
Yes, poor wording! The fuel gauge was at 0 and the pilots were hoping they would make it to the next gas station!
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by wei3027
AA125 diverted to ICN
Been there, done that on the DFW-HKG flight...

When we diverted to ICN, it was due to typhoons in the Hong Kong area. The pilots didn't know what kind of hold to expect from HKG, and headwinds were super strong. We turned around over Chinese airspace and backtracked about two hours to ICN. I never understood why we didn't try to land at PVG or PEK, where AA has a presence.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by brewdog11

When we diverted to ICN, it was due to typhoons in the Hong Kong area. The pilots didn't know what kind of hold to expect from HKG, and headwinds were super strong. We turned around over Chinese airspace and backtracked about two hours to ICN. I never understood why we didn't try to land at PVG or PEK, where AA has a presence.

Perhaps to mitigate any potential Visa issues in mainland China incase there was a extended delay that required overnighting?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by brewdog11

I saw that the onward journey to HKG is delayed until the morning on 1/7 - yikes - really gonna throw a wrench into many people's travel plans. Sounds like this one wasn't all AA's doing but still.

Just curious how well did AA take care of passengers? I assume covered hotel for the evening?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG/Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by no1cub17
I saw that the onward journey to HKG is delayed until the morning on 1/7 - yikes - really gonna throw a wrench into many people's travel plans. Sounds like this one wasn't all AA's doing but still.

Just curious how well did AA take care of passengers? I assume covered hotel for the evening?
AA put me up at the Bay Bridge Hotel, which is more of a hostel and 30 mins from HKG. They gave me a meal voucher I couldn't use too because the restaurant was closed by the time I got to the hotel. That was partly my fault I had waited at the airport hoping I could get on a CX flight. It was pretty rainy last night in Hong Kong and my flight in from Singapore went back to the gate to take more fuel and we were in a short holding pattern before being allowed to land
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer

Perhaps to mitigate any potential Visa issues in mainland China incase there was a extended delay that required overnighting?
That was my best guess. I remember hearing about a JFK-HKG CX flight that landed in Zhuhai, where Chinese authorities would not allow passengers to disembark due to visa issues. This turned the flight into a 34-hour ordeal.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by chenalex
AA put me up at the Bay Bridge Hotel, which is more of a hostel and 30 mins from HKG. They gave me a meal voucher I couldn't use too because the restaurant was closed by the time I got to the hotel. That was partly my fault I had waited at the airport hoping I could get on a CX flight. It was pretty rainy last night in Hong Kong and my flight in from Singapore went back to the gate to take more fuel and we were in a short holding pattern before being allowed to land
Good to hear. Did they cover a night's accommodation in ICN as well?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:39 pm

On 7th, SWU immediately available dfw-hkg but not lax-hkg. J completely sold out. Seems avoid Dallas is not always the right thing to do. Oh well.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by HypnoticSpecter
On 7th, SWU immediately available dfw-hkg but not lax-hkg. J completely sold out. Seems avoid Dallas is not always the right thing to do. Oh well.
My flight in late January has a full load in J, and the SWU has yet to clear. I guess AA is starting to sell more seats on this route?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.