Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

RTW / Round the World ticket - earning AAdvantage Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTW / Round the World ticket - earning AAdvantage Miles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Y BA flights, BA codeshares and AA flights garner the highest return of tier points as they are both eligible for bonuses, whereas CX, QF, QR, KA do not.
Here's a link for calculating Tier Points.
I looked at the calculations and it seems that LAX-HKG offer the same level (160) of tier points on BA, AA, or CX. I see where the AVIOS are higher with BA.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
I looked at the calculations and it seems that LAX-HKG offer the same level (160) of tier points on BA, AA, or CX. I see where the AVIOS are higher with BA.
You're right, my bad.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I'll add in my friend's experiences with AA miles. He had a ticket booked by BA. The ticket was also revalidated/reissued twice, I believe. For the two flights without any codeshare options domestically, a fare based method was used for calculation ($63 was the base fare on one of the segments, x5). This was already a few months ago, and I'm guessing they're getting better and better at this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:24 am

For some reason, AA.com is showing HKD 1,769.90 base fare for my ex-cai DONE4 with 2 segments left. MAD-LHR and LHR-CAI. HKD 1,769.90 is around USD 220. No tax information shown (all 0).

I guess they are starting to calculating fares for each segment, but maybe distance flown % on ticket.

Last edited by HypnoticSpecter; Mar 29, 2018 at 10:30 pm
Old Mar 28, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by HypnoticSpecter
For some reason, AA.com is showing HKD 1,769.90 base fare for my ex-cai DONE4 with 2 segments left. MAD-LHR and LHR-CAI. HKD 1,769.90 is around USD 220. No tax information shown (all 0). I guess this could be the EQD they will credit.
My HKG-DFW flight, on a ticket issued by RJ (reissued multiple times, but first and last by RJ) credited using the fare method and earned 451 EQD . AA.com does not show the fare, and hasn't since the first reissue.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 4:55 am

Just for reference I had two AA flights on a DONE4 post as Method - Distance - Data unavailable . Gave me 35% EQDS , 2X EQMS , and 75% Cabin bonus for a total of 2.95 RDMS. Ticket number was shown on the posting. Other non AA segments do not rerference the ticket number and get the standard 25% , 1.5 , and 25% and 2.45 for an EXP. This was BA ticketed originating Cairo . re-issued once before the above mentioned two segments

Last edited by anc305; Mar 29, 2018 at 5:48 am
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Love the inconsistency with this. ex-CAI AA issued DONE4 posted LAX-JFK as a whopping $119 while LAX-SYD (thankfully) posted as distance. I had a couple of other AA flights on this itinerary but credited them to QF so no data points there.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:31 pm

Yes I love it too, my YYZ-MIA flight was credit with 2466 EQMs, 63EQDs, 315 Base miles, 378 bonus miles, and a total of 693 RQMs.

Thank you AA

Last edited by HypnoticSpecter; Apr 5, 2018 at 6:46 pm
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:00 am

How To Maximize EQD's: AA vs. OW Carrier on Long Flights (HKG, etc.)

On DONE04 ex-NRT, does one get more miles with DFW-HKG (AA) or JFK-HKG (CX)?
Context: I'm reviewing maximizing EQD accrual. I only got $166 EQD MIA-DFW on D ticket.
I want to pay attention to EQD maximization on DONE's going forward.
I did have a recent DONE04 ex-NRT that EQD's were calculated based on mileage for NRT-DFW (AA)
Sometimes AA doesn't pick up fare basis even on AA flights.
But I had booked an Orbitz package in J (flights/hotel) MIA-LHR earlier this year, and EQD's were calculated based on fare. (In the past had been mileage based).
Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by MiamiPrep
On DONE04 ex-NRT, does one get more miles with DFW-HKG (AA) or JFK-HKG (CX)?
Context: I'm reviewing maximizing EQD accrual. I only got $166 EQD MIA-DFW on D ticket.
I want to pay attention to EQD maximization on DONE's going forward.
I did have a recent DONE04 ex-NRT that EQD's were calculated based on mileage for NRT-DFW (AA)
Sometimes AA doesn't pick up fare basis even on AA flights.
But I had booked an Orbitz package in J (flights/hotel) MIA-LHR earlier this year, and EQD's were calculated based on fare. (In the past had been mileage based).
You should count on AA-coded flights posting per fare basis, and on those occasions when it is distance-based, consider yourself lucky.

The best way to calculate what you will earn per flight for AA-coded flights is to to take the base fare plus carrier-imposed fees and divide by the total mileage of all flights, then multiply by the flight mileage of the specific AA flight. You can get the base fare and fees from your original booking, or estimate it for a potential booking. The cost will be different for different itineraries, as will be the total flight mileage. You can check the flight mileage for a flight by calling AA, or you can estimate it at gcmap, or check on EF (the latter two will be close, but usually not exact).

To calculate what you will earn for a non-AA-coded flight, multiply the flight miles per the table for the airline whose code the flight is booked as.
MiamiPrep likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
cx codeshare on hkg dfw and aa codeshare on hkg jfk.
just book cx codesahre and u know how much you will earn, if you book aa, you are likely to lose (ex-nrt is not exactly expensive)
MiamiPrep likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:12 pm

I had on AA sector posted as missing fare in May 2018. Gru JFK. Well. I didn't intend to post to AA but my next flight was ay code JFK SFO which didn't post to AA. When I claim missing miles, I upload e-ticket number which auto trigger the Gru JFK sector (which posted to another acct already.)
Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
This thread is a bit old so I'd like to know if anyone knows the current status of RTW EQD/EQM calculations? Considering a trip which is nearly the same price RTW than regular RT but should get me significantly more EQMs if I plan it well. Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:49 pm

Nothing has changed
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by HofstraJet
This thread is a bit old so I'd like to know if anyone knows the current status of RTW EQD/EQM calculations? Considering a trip which is nearly the same price RTW than regular RT but should get me significantly more EQMs if I plan it well. Thanks!
I think what was posted upost in #220 by anabolism is still valid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.