Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LAA Airbus “321” A321 2-class pre-Oasis Best Main Cabin & MCE seat

LAA Airbus “321” A321 2-class pre-Oasis Best Main Cabin & MCE seat

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 25, 20, 6:38 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
American Airlines purchased a number of Airbus A321-200, all equipped with “Sharklets” wingtip devices. These vary from the A321-200s purchased by US Airways, which have conventional wingtips and were stripped of at-seat power and in flight entertainment.

For several years, AA showed the legacy AA Sharklets equipped aircraft as “32B” in schedules, regardless of the variant. In early 2029, AA classified this and the legacy US version as “321”.

Current versions include the three class (with Flagship First) A321T used only between JFK and LAX or SFO. This variant has its own thread. Others include:

A321S, Sharklets equipped two class Airbus A321-200 used domestically and to near international destinations.

A321H, Sharklets equipped two class Airbus A321-200 ETOPS used for West Coast - Hawaii overwater flights. These are to be replaced by A321neo aircraft later in 2029.

Both models have identical seating.

NOTE: in accordance with AA “Project Oasis” all two class Legacy AA A321-200 “32B” Sharklets wingtip device equipped aircraft will be retrofitted between 2019 and 2021. Business / First cabins will use the seats found today in the AA A319, with reduced seat pitch and recline. MCE and MC will have the Rockwell Collins slimline Meridian seats with reduced pitch and recline. Lavatories will be ultra-slim Rockwell Collins Spacewall lavs. See Oasis: New seats & less pitch, WiFi IFE & power all 737 and A321 2019-21 for further information.

As conversion begins we will start a new thread, and you should be able to see which configuration a particular aircraft has by referencing the (unofficial) American Airlines Fleet Site here.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 10, 20, 8:21 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold, DL Platinum, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I hope this is the right thread - apologies if not.

I have a flight on this version of the A321, and 13ABC are MCE while 13DEF are not. Is there actually more legroom in 13ABC than in 13DEF? Is 13DEF a secret (free) extra legroom seat?

Thanks!
Old Nov 10, 20, 8:30 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by hkcj View Post
I hope this is the right thread - apologies if not.

I have a flight on this version of the A321, and 13ABC are MCE while 13DEF are not. Is there actually more legroom in 13ABC than in 13DEF? Is 13DEF a secret (free) extra legroom seat?

Thanks!
The seatguru diagrams aren’t particularly accurate. 13ABC has about 3” more legroom than 13DEF. See the A321S seat map posted here: Airbus A321 seating guide
Old Nov 10, 20, 8:32 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold, DL Platinum, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
The seatguru diagrams aren’t particularly accurate. 13ABC has about 3” more legroom than 13DEF. See the A321S seat map posted here: Airbus A321 seating guide
Aha! That's much more helpful. Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 21, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA - Plat. Pro; 1W Emerald; HHonors Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by mlm View Post
My spouse and I are currently in opposite isles seats in the main cabin (opposite isles by our choice). Considering paying extra $81. per seat and upgrading to Main Cabin Extra for additional leg room. Would appreciate your opinions on the following seats. We also want a seat that reclines as well as opposite isle seats. Am I correct that Row 11 seats would have limited recline due to Exit Row ? The flight is from MIA to LAX and the aircrafts is an A321. It appears our choices may only be Row 10, C& D or Row 12 C & D. Which would be better ?
Thank you.

Anyone have thoughts on 12F (which I guess has been renumbered to 10F) when flying on a red-eye. Cold seat? Ability to rest head against the wall?
Old Jan 6, 21, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer View Post
Anyone have thoughts on 12F (which I guess has been renumbered to 10F) when flying on a red-eye. Cold seat? Ability to rest head against the wall?
12F on the pic above is just like any other window seat but it’s missing 2 rows of seats in front of it. Great seat in my opinion.
Old Jan 6, 21, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA - Plat. Pro; 1W Emerald; HHonors Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by gateH15 View Post
12F on the pic above is just like any other window seat but it’s missing 2 rows of seats in front of it. Great seat in my opinion.
Yeah, I get the unlimited leg room part. Im wondering if I'm going to freeze as its next to the 2R door.
Old Jan 6, 21, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer View Post
Yeah, I get the unlimited leg room part. Im wondering if I'm going to freeze as its next to the 2R door.
I get cold quite easily but I never have this problem when sitting there or row 11.
Old Jun 23, 22, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hi,

I'm on an A321 with MCE starting at row 8 and exit marked as row 11. Any idea which variant this is and which MCE seats are the best?

Thanks.
Adam
Old Jun 23, 22, 12:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Adstring View Post
Hi,

I'm on an A321 with MCE starting at row 8 and exit marked as row 11. Any idea which variant this is and which MCE seats are the best?

Thanks.
Adam
I think all 2 class 321s CEOs are in the same configuration now. Exit 11 would be the exit row with significant legroom.

Search this Thread