Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Aviator Red 10k annual miles bonus since US Airways status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2016, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Haven't visited flyertalk in awhile. Was refreshing my points on miles. Just noticed that my US Airways MC from 2/2013 (now AA Aviator Red) is still getting the 10,000 points on every anniversary.

3/2013: 35,000 first time bonus
9/2013: 15,000 miles bonus for $500/mo x3 months spending
2/2014: 10,000 mile annual bonus
2/2015: 10,000 mile annual bonus
2/2016: 10,000 mile annual bonus
Old Aug 31, 2016, 2:00 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by webazoid
Haven't visited flyertalk in awhile. Was refreshing my points on miles. Just noticed that my US Airways MC from 2/2013 (now AA Aviator Red) is still getting the 10,000 points on every anniversary.

3/2013: 35,000 first time bonus
9/2013: 15,000 miles bonus for $500/mo x3 months spending
2/2014: 10,000 mile annual bonus
2/2015: 10,000 mile annual bonus
2/2016: 10,000 mile annual bonus
If you got the email saying that you will get your anniversary miles, you will.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
I was supposed to get the bonus last month but did not. Anyone else having trouble?
Old Jan 7, 2017, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by eethan
I was supposed to get the bonus last month but did not. Anyone else having trouble?
Got mine on my anniversary date. Only reason I'm willing to pay the annual fee for this card, although they've waived it every year since the merger for me.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:00 am

Exact timing of bonus posting vs. when it said it did

I'm still getting mine, but I have a question. In the past it's had a posting date of December 15 or 16 on my account. But I don't know whether the miles actually showed up on those dates or they showed up later and were back-dated. Anyone know? I have an award (which I'm currently 5k points shy of affording) that I could put on hold on December 12 if I'm reasonably sure the miles will show up by the 17th.

Thanks,
Seth
Old Dec 7, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by sethweinstein
I'm still getting mine, but I have a question. In the past it's had a posting date of December 15 or 16 on my account. But I don't know whether the miles actually showed up on those dates or they showed up later and were back-dated. Anyone know? I have an award (which I'm currently 5k points shy of affording) that I could put on hold on December 12 if I'm reasonably sure the miles will show up by the 17th.

Thanks,
Seth
Looking back at the most recent postings in our AAdvantage accounts for my wife and me (Dec 2017 and Jan 2018, respectively), they're both dated the same day as our statement closing dates. I feel like the actual posting was that day or maybe a day later, though I couldn't swear to it 100%.

Glad I noticed this thread because I checked and my wife's 10K miles didn't post this month as they should have, so will have her follow up.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:36 pm

Thanks; very helpful!

Seth
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:03 am

Programs: AA PLT; UA PLT
Does anyone know if this is an error they haven’t caught yet, for those of us who came over from the Dividend Mes card? I also continue to get the 10k bonus miles each anniversary, even though I barely use the card. That plus the free bags on the 1-2 times a year I fly AA these days makes the $95 worth it.

Wonder if I’m still getting annual electronic Admirals Club passes? Haven’t stopped by a club to check in years to check.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:00 pm

I don't think this card comes with lounge passes. I do recall getting a notice each year about my upcoming fee and bonus, so I don't think it's an error and I believe they intend to keep honoring it.

Seth
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by dcaiadflyer
Does anyone know if this is an error they haven’t caught yet, for those of us who came over from the Dividend Mes card? I also continue to get the 10k bonus miles each anniversary, even though I barely use the card. That plus the free bags on the 1-2 times a year I fly AA these days makes the $95 worth it.

Wonder if I’m still getting annual electronic Admirals Club passes? Haven’t stopped by a club to check in years to check.
one does not even need to pay the annual fee if one does not activate the card... (and still get 10k miles every year..)
Old Dec 9, 2018, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Once upon a time, the card gave lounge passes. But that benefit is long gone. Here's one thread about them:
LUS: Complimentary Barclays US MC US Club Day Pass - Use in Admirals Club?

IIRC, the miles benefit was changed from 10K anniversary miles to 10% back on redemptions (up to 10K/yr), but holders who had been getting the anniversary miles had that benefit grandfathered. What amazes me is that I'm getting both the 10K and the 10%. So in some years, the card gives me 20K miles, a no-brainer for the annual fee.
dcaiadflyer likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 8:38 am

10K annually and 10% back were the terms when I signed up. It's a nice combination!

Seth
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA PLT
Originally Posted by swag
Once upon a time, the card gave lounge passes. But that benefit is long gone. Here's one thread about them:
LUS: Complimentary Barclays US MC US Club Day Pass - Use in Admirals Club?

IIRC, the miles benefit was changed from 10K anniversary miles to 10% back on redemptions (up to 10K/yr), but holders who had been getting the anniversary miles had that benefit grandfathered. What amazes me is that I'm getting both the 10K and the 10%. So in some years, the card gives me 20K miles, a no-brainer for the annual fee.
I've also been getting the 10% back, plus the 10k bonus miles, as well as free bags on domestic AA flights. Not a bad deal for $95/year, with no minimum spend requirement! I was about to cancel this card two years ago when I stopped flying AA much but held off when I noticed the bonus miles post, and I'm glad I did!
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by sethweinstein
In the past it's had a posting date of December 15 or 16 on my account. But I don't know whether the miles actually showed up on those dates or they showed up later and were back-dated. Anyone know?
An update: The miles showed up in my account overnight (before 08:00 EST December 18) with a posting date of December 16.

Seth
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:46 pm

Quick question here, please. I am one of the people who got Aviator when it was 10K miles every year. It posts every year for me. My question is that my fee is due now. But they seem to have already given me these miles, before I pay the fee. If I close down the card, will they take the miles back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.