Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

OLCI But System Can't Put Me on Upgrade List

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PP

When OLCI this morning for a MIA/DFW flight tomorrow AM aa.com displayed a message that told me "We can't add you to the upgrade list, see an agent at the airport." However, my upgrade still shows request on both the mobile app and full website. I'm EXP so its not for lack of stickers. What gives? My worry is that when AA releases a bunch of seats at T-4 (there are eight open seats now on a CIP 772) I won't be one of them. Can the EXP desk add me to the upgrade list?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
When OLCI this morning for a MIA/DFW flight tomorrow AM aa.com displayed a message that told me "We can't add you to the upgrade list, see an agent at the airport." However, my upgrade still shows request on both the mobile app and full website. I'm EXP so its not for lack of stickers. What gives? My worry is that when AA releases a bunch of seats at T-4 (there are eight open seats now on a CIP 772) I won't be one of them. Can the EXP desk add me to the upgrade list?
Nothing hurts to call and ask
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
This happened to me recently after coming off a partner flight. Checking in at a kiosk got me back on the list, but that's the only thing that did.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Why are you worried about the airport list and T-4 upgrades? If the issue is just that your request isn't transferring to the airport list (which seems to be the case from your description), that doesn't really matter until upgrades go to the gate. T-4 upgrades clear from the automated list prior to airport control, so you shouldn't be affected in that regard.

I've rarely seen anyone clear the airport list prior to T-1h, so assuming you get to the airport by then, you should be fine. OTOH, if you're like me and often arrive at the airport close to departure (sometimes as late as T-30m), you may want to call to see if AA can get you on the airport list manually.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Starwood Platinum
I had the same thing happen to me on both of my flights this week - and I got the upgrade at t-4 - so it didn't really matter that I didn't get added to the airport list. That batch is not pulling from that list in my experience.

I was prepared to have an agent add me when I got to the airport - but never needed it.

This seems to happen when I do a same day flight change via aa.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.