Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA / aa.com Losing Known Traveler / KTN# in individual trip issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA / aa.com Losing Known Traveler / KTN# in individual trip issues

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Every time I use the kiosk it has a prompt to enter my KTN despite that I already have PreCheck and checked in via the App....makes no sense.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by freeagent
Global Entry doesn't exempt you from getting SSSS or a second look from CBP, its happened to me a few times. Sometimes reentering your KTN fixes the issues with getting TSA Pre, but I think this was more of an IT glitch then someone maliciously deleting your number.
Yes that's what I thought at first about the S, but not having my flight number appear at the kiosk when I arrived in the US(tho I didn't realize it until the guy asked me my flight) then not having pre-check on my bp led me to ask AA if my number was in the record.
I've had known traveler for around 9 years and it's never not been in my record so - just wondering how this could happen - esp. if it's just one case and not a bunch (eg some IT glitch that deleted a bunch of kt numbers in some ?update or...........)
No one at AA seems to know how it was in my profile but not transferred to this record (asked if I used travel agent, etc. - but res was made on aa.com so should be automatic).
Seems strange that whatever IT glitch happened only affected one traveler - was wondering if it had happened to others in the past few days.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Every time I use the kiosk it has a prompt to enter my KTN despite that I already have PreCheck and checked in via the App....makes no sense.
Do you have global entry? Do you mean the ge kiosk or those other ones that anyone can use? If ge that is truely weird.

For years when I use ge kiosk it states what flight I was on and asks if this is correct - I hadn't registered that it didn't happen this time until I was asked.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I think that your thread title is unfair. It implies that AA did something with the purpose of deleting your number; and you have no information to that effect. Wait until you find out what happened before you assign blame.
Not assigning any blame - and no one at AA has a clue how this could have happened or why.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by estnet
Do you have global entry? Do you mean the ge kiosk or those other ones that anyone can use? If ge that is truely weird.

For years when I use ge kiosk it states what flight I was on and asks if this is correct - I hadn't registered that it didn't happen this time until I was asked.
No I meant the general use kiosks....why does it ask
me to enter my KTN when I already have it saved in my AA profile, have already checked in and have a mobile BP stating I’m precheck....AA IT at its finest....
Old Sep 8, 2019, 6:10 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
No I meant the general use kiosks....why does it ask
me to enter my KTN when I already have it saved in my AA profile, have already checked in and have a mobile BP stating I’m precheck....AA IT at its finest....
Bad programming.

It happens to me every time that check in or print a boarding pass at a kiosk. I simply ignore it. My KTN is in my profile and so far I've had the PreCheck designation on every boarding pass which I have been issued since I got Global Entry.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by TWA884
Bad programming.

It happens to me every time that check in or print a boarding pass at a kiosk. I simply ignore it. My KTN is in my profile and so far I've had the PreCheck designation on every boarding pass which I have been issued since I got Global Entry.
Never had this issue.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 6:18 am

Had something I’ve never had happen before this morning.

Aircraft change (lost my MCE seats, but that’s another complaint), and when I get to TSA, my pre check is gone. My fault for not checking at this point.

I go to the AA desk, and my DOB and global entry number have been confused with my travel partners. So it’s their day and month but my year and their KTN.

The desk managed to get it fixed, with my seat becoming unassigned for a time, on a full flight.

Had Aircraft changes before, but never had this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.