Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Underseat Storage Rules/Etiquette

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by tmlamku
As an aside, it seems even among a small group in this discussion, there is not a consensus when there is an equipment box AND jumpseat in front of seats 9D/E. We all have differing opinions as to what seat should have the right to use the space behind the jumpseat.

Here is a better picture of the exact scenario on this aircraft.
Your photo is exactly what I experienced and it shows the real problem. There is no available space under seat 8E, limited space under 8D, and only a constrained "slot" adjacent the jumpseat (which the FA assigned to the seat often uses to stow their own belongings). There is simply not nearly enough accessible stowage space under row 8 for 3 pax when the equipment box is present. I don't think this situation lends itself to "consensus" or to a single "fair" solution. It's much like overhead space -- There is often not enough for all the pax on board and the last one to the party misses out. It's the price you pay for all of the extra leg room that you get sitting in 9D, 9E, and 10F.

Originally Posted by jordyn
In this situation, since there's not "normal" underseat storage for either 9E or 1F, I'd opine that they both have equal rights to the space in question and that whoever puts stuff there first gets it. I certainly wouldn't call for crew intervention if I was late-arriving and my counterpart in the other seat had put something in the space.
Exactly.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 5:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tmlamku

What passenger has the "right" to use the space behind the crew jumpseat and underneath seat 8F? The passenger in 9E, or 10F?
Just be nice. You have no rights. Assert your rights and the crew could have the police come and arrest you.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL FO MM, AA EXP MM, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
"the jumpseating FA's crap under 8F on more than one occasion"

This has been my experience 85% of the time
Old Aug 9, 2016, 5:33 am

Programs: AA Gold, United Silver, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
On AA1916 (US A321) sitting in 10F right now. Attempted to use underseat storage of 8F where crew jumpseat is located. FA stated that wasn't allowed even though FA wasn't using. Is there any written guidelines about passengers being able to use the underseat storage of 8F?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.