FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   HELP DESK: Earning Elite Qualifying EQD, EQM, EQS & Award / RDM AA, Partners (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1780114-help-desk-earning-elite-qualifying-eqd-eqm-eqs-award-rdm-aa-partners.html)

JDiver Dec 30, 2015 10:58 am

HELP DESK: Earning Elite Qualifying EQD, EQM, EQS & Award / RDM AA, Partners

This new thread is dedicated to questions, discussion, and answers, requests for calculation verification, assistance, input, etc. about earning
  • Elite Qualifying Miles (EQM) for travel as of 1 Jan 2016

• Award / Redeemable Miles (RDM) for travel as of 1 Aug 2016

• Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQD) fof travel as of 1 Jan 2017
See the relevant threads in the Wikipost for basic and specific information relating to these topics.

If you can not see the wikipost:
  • Wikiposts currently can not be seen with the mobile skin

• You can go to the "wikipost" blue menu bar at the top of a thread page and click on the "-" sign at the right end of the bar, which minimizes all wikis. You can turn wiki posts "on" by clicking the "+" in the same menu bar when you wish.)

• You may have Wikiposts turned off in your settings

If so, in "My FlyerTalk - Your Control Panel - Edit Options - Miscellaneous options" see

Wikipost Hide All

Hide all Wiki Posts in Threads
[] Hide all wikiposts

and reset as needed.
/Moderation team

Some examples

Example using AS / Alaska Airlines, P class:
OAK-KOA (2,380 miles distance)
EQM: 3,570
EQS: 1 EQD: 714
BASE AWD.: 2,380
BONUS AWD: 4,046
TOTAL AWARD MILES: 6,426

Amil Jan 27, 2018 2:16 am

I just did a fare change to higher class Y to P and they collected $311 would that be included in EQD?

SkyTeam777 Mar 1, 2018 9:06 pm

Does AA include QR fuel surcharge in its EQD calculation?

AAExecPlatFlier Mar 2, 2018 1:31 am

If it is a QR fuel surcharge — and not an AA codeshare fuel surcharge, it is a QR marketed flight so the QR fuel surcharge shouldn’t come into play as all QR marketed flights will post by the distance method.

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 29475404)
Does AA include QR fuel surcharge in its EQD calculation?

SCS Apr 8, 2018 10:59 am

AAdvantage credit for AY-marketed flight from Asia to Australia?

I'm looking at business class itineraries from Europe to Australia marketed by AY, in which AY flies the Europe-Asia segments and CX or QF fly the Asia-Australia segments (e.g., AY 5013 from SIN to MEL, operated by QF). Fare class is D or I. The D fares are especially appealing because AY D fares earn EQDs at 40% of miles flown, and yet the cost is quite reasonable.

My question is whether AA will give credit for segments between Asia and Australia, given that South Pacific is not listed among the regions on the Finnair page in the Partner Airlines section of the AA site. An obvious explanation for that omission is that AY metal does not fly to South Pacific. But I'm concerned that AA could deny credit on the basis that South Pacific is not a valid region. I would greatly appreciate insight from anyone who may have experience with this.

JJeffrey Apr 8, 2018 11:40 am

Originally Posted by SCS (Post 29616464)
I'm looking at business class itineraries from Europe to Australia marketed by AY, in which AY flies the Europe-Asia segments and CX or QF fly the Asia-Australia segments (e.g., AY 5013 from SIN to MEL, operated by QF). Fare class is D or I. The D fares are especially appealing because AY D fares earn EQDs at 40% of miles flown, and yet the cost is quite reasonable.

My question is whether AA will give credit for segments between Asia and Australia, given that South Pacific is not listed among the regions on the Finnair page in the Partner Airlines section of the AA site. An obvious explanation for that omission is that AY metal does not fly to South Pacific. But I'm concerned that AA could deny credit on the basis that South Pacific is not a valid region. I would greatly appreciate insight from anyone who may have experience with this.

You will earn miles for it. The "Earn and Redeem Miles with..." section is only meant as a rough guide to where each partner carrier flies their own metal, not as a comprehensive list of what flights will or will not earn credit. Any flights that won't earn will be specifically called out under the "Exceptions" area at each partner page.

JDiver Apr 8, 2018 12:45 pm

As long as it is AY marketed and operated by a oneworld airline you’ll earn in accordance with the AY chart on aa.com.

alancostello Apr 18, 2018 2:12 pm

EQD/EQM earning rates on BA Codeshare/AA Metal

I have an upcoming booking with BA for ORD-LHR and LHR-ORD, both operated by AA as a BA Codeshare, and have inserted my AAdvantage number for earning, however I was unsure of whether I will earn according to AAdvantage's BA class rules or AA's, as there's a difference. When I open the booking on the AA website, it shows up with AA flight numbers, not BAs, which is where my confusion comes from, does AAdvantage see AA operated flights and credit as such? Or will it still credit through the BA rates? I haven't been on codeshares like this before with AAdvantage/AA metal and just wanted to check as I couldn't find anything online. Thanks!

JJeffrey Apr 18, 2018 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by alancostello (Post 29657077)
I have an upcoming booking with BA for ORD-LHR and LHR-ORD, both operated by AA as a BA Codeshare, and have inserted my AAdvantage number for earning, however I was unsure of whether I will earn according to AAdvantage's BA class rules or AA's, as there's a difference. When I open the booking on the AA website, it shows up with AA flight numbers, not BAs, which is where my confusion comes from, does AAdvantage see AA operated flights and credit as such? Or will it still credit through the BA rates? I haven't been on codeshares like this before with AAdvantage/AA metal and just wanted to check as I couldn't find anything online. Thanks!

If you booked the BA flight numbers then it will credit according to the BA earning chart, regardless of what flight numbers aa.com may display after booking.

alancostello Apr 18, 2018 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey (Post 29657086)
If you booked the BA flight numbers then it will credit according to the BA earning chart, regardless of what flight numbers aa.com may display after booking.

Great! Thanks for the clarification, just wanted to be sure so I know where I'll stand with status progress!

linire May 25, 2018 12:06 am

Earning AA miles on Royal Jordanian flights (to merge)

Hello all-

I am trying to book a trip for later this year, LAX-DXB.in paid First or Business. The only choices the AA website gives me are AA or BA flights, even when I choose the All Airlines option. I would prefer to avoid BA. I found some decently scheduled flights on the RJ website and am wondering if I can earn AA miles if I book RJ flights on the RJ website. Or can I only earn AA miles when booking on the AA website?
TIA!

no1cub17 May 25, 2018 12:11 am

aa.com is your friend: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...-jordanian.jsp

linire May 25, 2018 2:46 am

<redacted> The information on AA.com does not make it clear if I still earn AA miles when booking flights on the ROYAL JORDANIAN WEBSITE as opposed to the AMERICAN AIRLINES WEBSITE. That's all I am trying to find out. Thank you.

ajeleonard May 25, 2018 2:58 am

Originally Posted by linire (Post 29792481)
<redacted> The information on AA.com does not make it clear if I still earn AA miles when booking flights on the ROYAL JORDANIAN WEBSITE as opposed to the AMERICAN AIRLINES WEBSITE. That's all I am trying to find out. Thank you.

The AA page to which you were referred says "Royal Jordanian marketed and operated", i.e. purchased from them. It's also a basic feature of all alliances

no1cub17 May 25, 2018 5:39 am

Originally Posted by linire (Post 29792481)

Why would it matter where you bought the ticket? You could buy it from expedia, priceline, the chase portal, a travel agent, etc, it doesn't matter. What matters is the airline and booking code. I didn't realize this needed to be specifically stated.