Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: HELP DESK 2017: Earning EQD, EQM & Award / RDM AA, Partners

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: HELP DESK 2017: Earning EQD, EQM & Award / RDM AA, Partners

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by brp
I can't speak to corporate travel agent purchases, but AAVacations packages purchased in coach and upgraded with SWU still show up as as distance.

I would call them.

Cheers.
I hope this is the case but will report back over the weekend
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
That doesn't necessarily mean that it is destined to earn by distance iirc
It earns by distance. I've flown on plenty of these kinds of fares.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
It earns by distance. I've flown on plenty of these kinds of fares.
Except this one that didn't
That you applied an upgrade to this booking does not imply that this was the cause of the flight crediting as per AA's aim of price

Is it clearly documented that this type of fare should earn by distance ?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:56 am

Programs: AA EP
So call up and have it reposted as distance. This is a known issue when using SWUs. May want to do some searching/reading here in the forum.

Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
So I have a bulk ticket that I paid about $800 for on AA 193/192 LAX-HKG booked in Q class (both legs) through my corp travel agent.

So this would earn me 726 EQDs for each flight based on the special fare page tab at 10% Distance.

Now my LAX-HKG leg cleared with my SWU, so apparently now that leg comes through as a revenue ticket and now my EQDs are just $403?

How come AA now knows the price if previously AA did not know the ticket price?

It seems the return segment is still coming through as a Bulk fare but AA is unable to see how many EQDs I'd earn based on distance? If the return doesn't clear, then what would I earn? One agent says it now comes through as a 0 fare BT (Bulk Ticket)? I mostly want to make sure the return ticket still earns EQMs as I need them for hitting 150K EQMs.

I previously flew a lot of LAX-SEA flights and got upgrades there via complimentary EXP upgrades but my tickets still came through as Special Fares. How come for SWUs, it's different?

Not that I'm complaining too much, I'm already at over 15K EQDs on the year, so this only has a minor dent on my upgrade priority. I did remove a waitlisted SWU from a flight next year so I can prevent from getting screwed on the EQDs.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:23 am

Does anyone know if you still earn EQDs when you partially pay with AA gift cards (from business extra/Amex)?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by lightbulbs
i think it still happens unpredictably only sometimes. I flew two trips this year both bulk with SWUs applied and still earned by distance.
Interesting, thanks for sharing that data point.

Regards
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:37 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by diburning
I originally booked an award on United, but due to IRROPS, I got them to rebook (interline/rule 240) me on AA. I added my AAdvantage number at OLCI. Can AA see that this was an award ticket? Did UA actually pay AA for my ticket? I didn't receive any miles for it yet (flew on Monday). Will I actually get anything? Can AA see how much I originally paid for this ticket? United rebooked me in full Y on AA (or at least it appeared that way). Ticket number is a UA (016) ticket number, but not my original ticket number when I booked on UA. The Request Missing Mileage form does not take United (016) as an airline code.

Am I eligible to earn anything? If so, how do I request the miles if they don't post?
Update: I did receive miles for this trip, but since it was a non-partner OAL ticket, RDM earnings were distance based instead of spend based. It looks like United didn't pay much for this flight, so distance based actually worked to my advantage. Since I was booked in full Y, I got a 50% bonus, earning a close to 2K RDM that I wasn't entitled to
Old Nov 5, 2017, 12:53 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bht-kevin
Does anyone know if you still earn EQDs when you partially pay with AA gift cards (from business extra/Amex)?
I seem to have JUST (last couple of days) gotten the correct EQDs when paying partially with an AA gift card from Amex.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
So call up and have it reposted as distance. This is a known issue when using SWUs. May want to do some searching/reading here in the forum.
My AA Vacation O* fare upgraded by SWU just posted as a fare (exceptionally cheap base of course). Do you have a link to anyone who has succeeded in getting these to repost based on distance?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by adambadam
My AA Vacation O* fare upgraded by SWU just posted as a fare (exceptionally cheap base of course). Do you have a link to anyone who has succeeded in getting these to repost based on distance?
No link, but I do remember seeing reports of it happening. Since the terms specifically state that those AA Vacation fares are supposed to post by distance, you should have pretty good luck getting it reposted, albeit perhaps requiring some HUACA or escalating to a supervisor depending on how good the agents you talk to are.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Question for the experts on booking Iberia Premium Economy flights. Does it matter if I book through Iberia or BA? I’d prefer to book through BA since their website is better. But not sure if it matters when it comes to the EQDs and EQMs. I know they book into T class either way I do it. Just want a second opinion before I book it.

Are there advantages to booking directly with IB?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Question for the experts on booking Iberia Premium Economy flights. Does it matter if I book through Iberia or BA? I’d prefer to book through BA since their website is better. But not sure if it matters when it comes to the EQDs and EQMs. I know they book into T class either way I do it. Just want a second opinion before I book it.

Are there advantages to booking directly with IB?
There could be advantages if there are any travel disruptions to have IB as the seller of the ticket

As far as mileage earning goes, what matters is the flight number that you are booked on; where you book is irrelevant
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bht-kevin
Originally Posted by stc
I seem to have JUST (last couple of days) gotten the correct EQDs when paying partially with an AA gift card from Amex.
stc, not really sure what your answer means in the context of the posters question. You say you got the "correct EQDs when paying partially with an AA gift card from Amex."

What does that mean? Did they post as fare based or distance based? And in the case of paying partially with an AA gift card, which of those two methods do you believe is "correct?"

Regards
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:39 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
There could be advantages if there are any travel disruptions to have IB as the seller of the ticket

As far as mileage earning goes, what matters is the flight number that you are booked on; where you book is irrelevant
When you say flight number matters you mean just don’t book the AA codeshare flight number, right? So book either the BA xxxx or IB xxxx flight?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
When you say flight number matters you mean just don’t book the AA codeshare flight number, right? So book either the BA xxxx or IB xxxx flight?
If you are booking a BA flight , then book through BA and if booking an IB flight book through IB etc

If there are issues, you do not have potential problems where operating airline has to send you back to the selling airline to make changes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.