Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeño or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
At the LGA AC right now trying the new comp white wine......it's not terrible. Definitely not a chardonnay which is nice for a change. Also, they finally got rid of the deli style salt and pepper "packets" and have proper S&P grinders by the soups.....nice to see this.
Sounds like a slow climb in the right direction
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:34 pm

they finally got rid of the deli style salt and pepper "packets" and have proper S&P grinders by the soups.....nice to see this.
Maybe they will add one with Parmesan as well - then they can say they are "going for grate".
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by safari ari
Alaska Lounges also have multiple craft beers, drinkable wines, and midshelf liquors. Seems AA thinks they can skimp and get away with it... Which they pretty much do.
What surprised me even more than AA not having any kind of complimentary sparkling wine in the Admirals Clubs was that they won't even sell it to you on a flight unless you're on one of the handful of transcon routes where they offer it. I'm assuming they have some in first class on all flights, right? Just really strange that they withhold it as a premium offering to the point of not even selling it to you.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
What surprised me even more than AA not having any kind of complimentary sparkling wine in the Admirals Clubs was that they won't even sell it to you on a flight unless you're on one of the handful of transcon routes where they offer it. I'm assuming they have some in first class on all flights, right? Just really strange that they withhold it as a premium offering to the point of not even selling it to you.
They also have it on Hawaii routes. But yeah, real mystery to me!
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Still the same McDonalds style ranch dressing at ORD-H/K.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
HMS Host really likes to keep it "fresh" at ORD-H/K! First it was Heinz packaged ranch, then McDonald's style no name ranch (including earlier this week) and now it's Ken's!

enviroian likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:44 pm
Suspended

Sitting here in the Delta Skyclub:

Comp rose wine which is actually nice and light
Comp bubbles (haven't tried in a while)
Two types of red and white wines
Comp Aperol Spritz (one of my faves)

The house booze is actually drinkable and doesn't give me a headache like AA's version of Popov Vodka (Jack Daniel's, Finlandia Vodka etc)

Veggie fried rice as a hot option, two soups, lots of other offerings, kale ceasar salad etc.

I had let my Skyclub membership expire in Q418 and just renewed on the spot for $545 and AA is now basically the same cost but offers so much less.

It's time for us to demand more from AA & their AC's.
BWISkyGuy and chitink like this.

Last edited by AANYC1981; Jun 21, 2019 at 4:54 pm
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
That's not going to happen anytime soon. The clubs are chocked full. I was at lower A club at phx yesterday and it was SRO and people walked around complaining what is going on before they walked right back out the club.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by enviroian
That's not going to happen anytime soon. The clubs are chocked full. I was at lower A club at phx yesterday and it was SRO and people walked around complaining what is going on before they walked right back out the club.
It's always that way in those sad America West clubs......they were not built to accommodate passengers of a mega airline like AA
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Sitting here in the Delta Skyclub:

Comp rose wine which is actually nice and light
Comp bubbles (haven't tried in a while)
Two types of red and white wines
Comp Aperol Spritz (one of my faves)

The house booze is actually drinkable and doesn't give me a headache like AA's version of Popov Vodka (Jack Daniel's, Finlandia Vodka etc)

Veggie fried rice as a hot option, two soups, lots of other offerings, kale ceasar salad etc.

I had let my Skyclub membership expire in Q418 and just renewed on the spot for $545 and AA is now basically the same cost but offers so much less.

What do you expect for a club that allows access to 30+ people with just one annual credit card fee?? The DL clubs are much nicer but everyone pays to get in, one way or another.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
It's always that way in those sad America West clubs......they were not built to accommodate passengers of a mega airline like AA
I know the one in high A concourse is tiny but this is the relatively newer bigger one around A14.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
If the clubs are truly packed despite mediocre/adequate service & features, unfortunately that indicates to me that they clearly have room to raise prices. I’d venture to say that 99% of the members are not picky FTers & generally satisfied w the club.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by work2fly
What do you expect for a club that allows access to 30+ people with just one annual credit card fee?? The DL clubs are much nicer but everyone pays to get in, one way or another.
uhhhhh have you ever heard of AMEX Platinum buddy? Everyone gets SC access on that card.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL

uhhhhh have you ever heard of AMEX Platinum buddy? Everyone gets SC access on that card.
Only primary card members and their paid authorized users get into SCs for free. A Citi card holder can give away 10 free authorized user cards and each can access the AA lounge with guests for no additional fees.

There is no comparing the access policies of the 2 lounges via credit cards.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 3:06 pm

My understanding is that you have to be flying DL in order to get into the SC as an AMEX plat cardholder. If that’s not the case, please do point me to a link confirming as such and I will be more than happy to eat crow and raise a glass of their house beverage to you.
chitink likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.